Recent Topics

Ads

Tank Offensive Sovereign Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Nefarian78

Re: Tank Offensive Sovereign Feedback

Post#41 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:56 am

Alubert wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:13 pm The offensive set is completely fine.
Nobody said you have to use new sets if you have better ones. Just like WE onslaught, DOK onlsaught, Shaman INVADER ect.
If I'm not mistaken in 6v6 you compete with opponents from the same server with the same sets and not others, so you have the same chances of winning. 50 tougnes more or less will not change anything if opponents use the same set pool.
I keep my fingers crossed for developers and not succumbing to pressure. Only in one case would I increase the tank offensive capabilities if all crownd control abilities were eliminated and only shield and board tanks were used.

The author of this topic just wants to transfer the hopeless mechanics from the world of warcraft where a warrior who doesn't do a lot of damage is not effective. Defend WAR against such attempts.
And remember, 6v6 is a plastic world that is just a tiny addition to the rest of the game. A unique game.
I recommend to all lol, dot2, heroes of the storm, wow arena if they feel unfulfilled in WAR.
Yeah, no. Offensive sov isn't fine. I've listed a good amount of reasons and many others have aswell.

I have no idea how or where, at any point, in this thread you got the idea of "transfering mechanics" from WoW. Nobody asked for that and nobody ever will. This is about making the ENDGAME set right, not some perceived, nonexistent threat.

Your argument of all tanks having the same set pool doesn't make any sense and holds no weight whatsoever. By the same argument, all sets could have useless stats for all archetypes since everyone uses the same pool anyway. Unfortunately for you, it doesn't work like that.
Alubert wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:13 pm Only in one case would I increase the tank offensive capabilities if all crownd control abilities were eliminated and only shield and board tanks were used.
This pretty much sums up your post. Pushing your own SnB tank agenda.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Foofighter

Post#42 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:11 am

DokB wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:26 am
Spoiler:
Angrisius wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:34 pm
DokB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm Ehh not really. SM and BO don't need AP regen thanks to Sudden Shift/Changin Da Plan plus their best abilities costing 0 AP.
Scrolling the balance has a CD, prevents the use of important skills, and actually doesn't save AP. Effectiveness of the ability to restore AP in other tanks - is much higher.
A 5 second CD and doesn't prevent the use of important skills since it can be used outside the GCD time. How is this not saving you AP by shifting into a Perfect Balance 0 AP ability?
If you are running into AP issues on SM I don't know what to tell you, sounds like you aren't using Sudden Shift effectively.
the BO has ap regen SM doesn't, just saying your "doesn't need" only applies to half the mirror there

Not to change topic much, yea stats kinda need a look into but imo people here going to over the top talking about agendas and ****, lol pls it's a game people, don't go over the deep end. The dialogue can be much better specially from users who sometimes seem to ask questions like this was the devs main job irl, if changes happen cool even if they dont its not that bad, people should be more adaptable for their entertainment and not expect everything, specially when it comes to off spec, and in this game any kind of off role spec should be made very niche be they meta or off meta in 24 or 6 man groups, every time i see dps healers or dps tanks they better be dying like the good soloers they are because taking spots even in a pug wb is a disservice to the whole server, ofc non of this matters if you're selfish and dont care about anything else but your own personal experience in a vacuum.

anarchypark

Post#43 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:54 am

maybe it's somewhere between dps and hybrid. 3/5 dps, 2/5 hybrid.
anyway, WoDS SM need ap. WS is parry bonus.
so everything seems bad or wrong if you think your build is only build.
fix that error and you can see bigger picture.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

toffikx

Post#44 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:14 am

Agreed, this supposedly BiS set is inferior to Bloodlord. Way too much thoughness to ever be relevant for a small scale tank.
Don’t really understand all the tough bois that come here and chip in their two very imporant cents. The issue is clear.

Ototo

Post#45 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 am

I think that is correct that the sets for 6vs6 are from party-size content like dungeons, and that large scale sets come from cities. Can't see the complaining when the people of this thread don't actually want to play 24vs24 fights but scenarios.
Spoiler:

Chinesehero

Post#46 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 am

anarchypark wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:54 am maybe it's somewhere between dps and hybrid. 3/5 dps, 2/5 hybrid.
100WS add 0.5% parry, do u think this is useful??? and SM dont need armor penetration for all spirit dmg

Nefarian78

Post#47 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:59 pm

To all the SM mains posting in this thread. I'd like to remind you that my suggestions were just that. Suggestions.

We don't live in a perfect world, tanks can't each have a specific set tailored to them and as such there must be a balance between stats that can suit the need of all tanks. Swordmasters have lived just fine with Bloodlord, Oppressor, Vanq and Invader and none of those set has any AP/S (Except Invader chest with the whopping amount of 1AP/S). Don't come and tell me that, for example, losing that 2AP/S on the boots is a crippling blow to SMs, because it's not.

SMs will be able to gain AP/S from other sources, like Anathema (Oppressor) Weapons and Jewelry. Warlord's Jewel, for example, has 3AP/S and i can safely say that many tanks will want to go for 2pieces Warlord for their smallscale build. Warlord Jewel + Anathema Weapon are 9 AP/S, which is plenty for a class that, as explained by DokB in an earlier post, has his own tools to manage AP.

In addition to that, SMs don't live in their own bubble. There's going to be a Kotb running To Glory! in basically every Order group, for example. Black Orcs can manage their AP just fine (Only having a 1min CD AP shout that SM doesn't have), without having Dreadful Terror due to groups not running Chosens in favor of BGs.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

anarchypark

Post#48 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:14 pm

Chinesehero wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:18 am
anarchypark wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:54 am maybe it's somewhere between dps and hybrid. 3/5 dps, 2/5 hybrid.
100WS add 0.5% parry, do u think this is useful??? and SM dont need armor penetration for all spirit dmg

yep i'll take 0.5 parry for my parry build.
ofc after prior stats filled first.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Akilinus

Post#49 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:19 pm

Ototo wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 am I think that is correct that the sets for 6vs6 are from party-size content like dungeons, and that large scale sets come from cities. Can't see the complaining when the people of this thread don't actually want to play 24vs24 fights but scenarios.
What makes you think that the offensive sets are only used for 6v6?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

WarKan666

Post#50 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:36 pm

Ototo wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:38 am I think that is correct that the sets for 6vs6 are from party-size content like dungeons, and that large scale sets come from cities. Can't see the complaining when the people of this thread don't actually want to play 24vs24 fights but scenarios.
If you'd actually play a dpsassist tank you would know they can have their place in 24v24+
anything over 3-4 wbs without crossguard and brained heals will obv melt you.