Recent Topics

Ads

Tank Offensive Sovereign Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ototo

Re: Tank Offensive Sovereign Feedback

Post#61 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:16 pm

I'm still surprised with how many "give-me" posts are. You really can't differentiate between trying to give your classes some boost and making them overpowered. I don't think that the idea was ever to make the classes more powerful but to offer progression, and all you do is keep asking for things that ofc gonna have the sole purpose to rolfstomp less geared players. That is faaaaaaaar from constructive, it's a perfect sum of 99% of this thread. You can't keep stockpiling bonuses on a character that has A LOT at rr80 with end-game gear. In the same page you keep asking for 6-wo/men gear out of cities; dungeons are the instances 6-wo/men content, deal with it. Cities are to drop large scale gear. I don't ask fir dungeon content to be moulded to large scale, but somehow for all you it completely normal to ask the opposite. Well, breaking news, it's not.

I don't want, or need, the changes suggested here for large scale offensive tank. I want toughness, I want defenses, and I want normal boost, which is exactly what was implemented, and i don't want, or need, Bloodlord 2.0.
Spoiler:

Ads
Akilinus

Post#62 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:38 pm

Large scale offensive tank :lol:
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ototo

Post#63 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:57 pm

Akilinus wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:38 pm Large scale offensive tank :lol:
Yes. You are confusing offensive with DPS-wannabe. DPS-wannabe is, according to what I read in this thread, what you want Sov to be for small scale. Not how you lead an assault in large scale versus 24, while simultaneously dealing damage and making sure that your hits land. You are thinking in turtles, but I would rather make sure that my knockdown is not parried while also surviving the counter attack.
Spoiler:

Akilinus

Post#64 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:20 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:57 pm
Yes. You are confusing offensive with DPS-wannabe. DPS-wannabe is, according to what I read in this thread, what you want Sov to be for small scale. Not how you lead an assault in large scale versus 24, while simultaneously dealing damage and making sure that your hits land. You are thinking in turtles, but I would rather make sure that my knockdown is not parried while also surviving the counter attack.
So you rather have the sets fit your epic troll build that you use in RvR with your pug warband?
You should try a ranked scenario and see who is the better tank, the "dps- wannabe" or the full deftard snb.
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Ototo

Post#65 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 pm

Akilinus wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:20 pm
So you rather have the sets fit your epic troll build that you use in RvR with your pug warband?
You should try a ranked scenario and see who is the better tank, the "dps- wannabe" or the full deftard snb.
This has a huge flaw: I don't play elitist e-penis scenario. I play to support 23 players. In comms, but I guess that for you counts as pug cause we are not a single party. I don't need to kill things, my team does that. I'm not a DPS; I'm a tank.
Spoiler:

Akilinus

Post#66 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:39 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:35 pm

This has a huge flaw: I don't play elitist e-penis scenario. I play to support 23 players. In comms, but I guess that for you counts as pug cause we are not a single party. I don't need to kill things, my team does that. I'm not a DPS; I'm a tank.
Use the Warlord set then. Let the dps oriented set follow dominator/Oppressor stat wise

Ototo

Post#67 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 pm

Akilinus wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:39 pm
Spoiler:

Use the Warlord set then. Let the dps oriented set follow dominator/Oppressor stat wise
Actually that is a good idea: Leave Sovereign out of this ganking party crap and instead implement them in Scenario gear as the next step, with Royal Emblems or whatever. No way you can say no to that as it's your very idea to follow the scenario progression, which is where these gear belongs.
Spoiler:

jhwieser

Post#68 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:43 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:42 pm
Akilinus wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:39 pm
Spoiler:

Actually that is a good idea: Leave Sovereign out of this ganking party crap and instead implement them in Scenario gear as the next step, with Royal Emblems or whatever. No way you can say no to that as it's your very idea to follow the scenario progression, which is where these gear belongs.
I don't understand your problem with the Warlord suggestion. We can all have our cake and eat it too. Let tank sov be the BIS for deftard. Left offensive sov be the best for DPS, and let warlord be the go-between that matches your goals. Right now offensive sov doesn't really fit anywhere. Warlord is already better suited for your uh... "interesting" 24man plan.
84 BG
4x IB

Ads
Babanim

Post#69 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Ototo wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:16 pm I'm still surprised with how many "give-me" posts are. You really can't differentiate between trying to give your classes some boost and making them overpowered. I don't think that the idea was ever to make the classes more powerful but to offer progression, and all you do is keep asking for things that ofc gonna have the sole purpose to rolfstomp less geared players. That is faaaaaaaar from constructive, it's a perfect sum of 99% of this thread. You can't keep stockpiling bonuses on a character that has A LOT at rr80 with end-game gear. In the same page you keep asking for 6-wo/men gear out of cities; dungeons are the instances 6-wo/men content, deal with it. Cities are to drop large scale gear. I don't ask fir dungeon content to be moulded to large scale, but somehow for all you it completely normal to ask the opposite. Well, breaking news, it's not.

I don't want, or need, the changes suggested here for large scale offensive tank. I want toughness, I want defenses, and I want normal boost, which is exactly what was implemented, and i don't want, or need, Bloodlord 2.0.
You are making a bunch of things up right now. Are you in charge of the itemization? Who said that small scale gear has to come from pve dungeons and scenarios exclusively? There are tons of pve items that are extremely good and useful in large scale and vice versa, what you are saying makes no sense.

And thank you for sharing your personal needs for your troll large scale offensive tanks. Thankfully for you, there is already a ton of options for that, including the 3 new royals sets.

All we are asking for is one end game set for tanks that like to play small scale battles over zerging.

Btw, your understanding of small scale tanking (or any tanking at all) is questionable at best.

Now, can we please go back to trying to make some sense in the current mess that is offensive sov set for tanks?

Thank you devs for taking this thread into consideration.

Ototo

Post#70 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:54 pm

Out of pure curiosity, what is my build that everyone is speaking of? Stacking toughness in a tank? Preposterous!! Give a tank zero toughness!! Only strength and weapon skill!!

((Sounds funny? Go 1 page ago and you will see that same exact proposal cheered))

Dudes, whenever you understand what an hybrid is, call me. In the meantime I pass. I made my point clear. I want defenses in my tanks, cause if I want to play a DPS I level a DPS. The secondary specs can't be better than the mains, that is why I hate the mele trees of SH and SW. They are secondary and secondary should stay. A tank asking for raw DPS stats in end-game gear should reroll a DPS class, period.
Spoiler: