Recent Topics

Ads

Tank Offensive Sovereign Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Angrisius

Re: Tank Offensive Sovereign Feedback

Post#31 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:18 am

Regarding the Swordmaster, it is impossible to agree with a part of what is written

SM needs AP regeneration. SM has no way to restore AP and therefore any regeneration is very valuable.

SM does not need WS. Damage goes spiritual. Give SM init or HP, instead of WS.

Ads
DokB

Post#32 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm

Angrisius wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:18 am Regarding the Swordmaster, it is impossible to agree with a part of what is written

SM needs AP regeneration. SM has no way to restore AP and therefore any regeneration is very valuable.

SM does not need WS. Damage goes spiritual. Give SM init or HP, instead of WS.
Ehh not really. SM and BO don't need AP regen thanks to Sudden Shift/Changin Da Plan plus their best abilities costing 0 AP.

I agree with OP sentiments, Sovereign offensive set has too much toughness for its own good and should be more akin to Bloodlord which has worthwhile stats (parry, STR, INI and little to no toughness) for the offensive orientated tank.

Warlord already fills its hybrid slot well and Sovereign Defensive does its job well too. Meanwhile we have this weird sort of redheaded hunchback second cousin twice removed with offensive Sovereign with undesirable stats.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Angrisius

Post#33 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:34 pm

DokB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm Ehh not really. SM and BO don't need AP regen thanks to Sudden Shift/Changin Da Plan plus their best abilities costing 0 AP.
Scrolling the balance has a CD, prevents the use of important skills, and actually doesn't save AP. Effectiveness of the ability to restore AP in other tanks - is much higher.

Alubert

Post#34 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:13 pm

The offensive set is completely fine.
Nobody said you have to use new sets if you have better ones. Just like WE onslaught, DOK onlsaught, Shaman INVADER ect.
If I'm not mistaken in 6v6 you compete with opponents from the same server with the same sets and not others, so you have the same chances of winning. 50 tougnes more or less will not change anything if opponents use the same set pool.
I keep my fingers crossed for developers and not succumbing to pressure. Only in one case would I increase the tank offensive capabilities if all crownd control abilities were eliminated and only shield and board tanks were used.

The author of this topic just wants to transfer the hopeless mechanics from the world of warcraft where a warrior who doesn't do a lot of damage is not effective. Defend WAR against such attempts.
And remember, 6v6 is a plastic world that is just a tiny addition to the rest of the game. A unique game.
I recommend to all lol, dot2, heroes of the storm, wow arena if they feel unfulfilled in WAR.
Hurub - Chopa
Wybrany - Chosen
Mroczniak - BG
Doczek - DoK
Alubert - KTB
Mnich -WP
Kregi - Slayer

WarKan666

Post#35 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:28 pm

Alubert wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:13 pm The offensive set is completely fine.
Nobody said you have to use new sets if you have better ones. Just like WE onslaught, DOK onlsaught, Shaman INVADER ect.
If I'm not mistaken in 6v6 you compete with opponents from the same server with the same sets and not others, so you have the same chances of winning. 50 tougnes more or less will not change anything if opponents use the same set pool.
I keep my fingers crossed for developers and not succumbing to pressure. Only in one case would I increase the tank offensive capabilities if all crownd control abilities were eliminated and only shield and board tanks were used.

The author of this topic just wants to transfer the hopeless mechanics from the world of warcraft where a warrior who doesn't do a lot of damage is not effective. Defend WAR against such attempts.
And remember, 6v6 is a plastic world that is just a tiny addition to the rest of the game. A unique game.
I recommend to all lol, dot2, heroes of the storm, wow arena if they feel unfulfilled in WAR.
The Offensive Sov is completly useless on its own, you have to go 3pc Warlord and the rest OffSov to even top the Bloodlord output.
Which then brings me to the actual point of the OP : Why release a "Offensive™" Set when the only thing offensive about is the wrong placed stats.
The Setbonus is good as it is and shows there was the right direction in Mind, but with the stats that are on it its basically useless and it NEEDS to be changed, im not asking for 1000str without pots or rr
It just needs to be pushed into the right direction.

Chinesehero

Post#36 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:00 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:27 am I'll start off by saying that my feedback is based on the assumption that the offensive set is made for 2h tanks to use in smallscale, scenarios and 6v6 encounters and should not be used for Warband play or Offensive SnB tanks. Assuming that is the case, this set isn't particularly good for any of those categories.

First off, this set is overloeaded with Toughness. It has an absurd 227 toughness which is even more than the Defensive Sov, at 203toughness (Without counting the +88 2pc bonus). For smallscale play, there's no reason to stack that much toughness. A tank can easily survive with 270-300 toughness, because the biggest source of damage for a 2h tank is, by far, Guard damage. It's very rare that a 2h tank is being targeted directly and even if that's the case, you're tanky enough to easily survive with the help of your team. Stacking high amounts of toughness doesn't even help much in that case.

Second point. Very, very low Str, WS, Ini. The set doesn't even gets close to bloodlord in terms of Str, standing at 204 compared to the 265 from Bloodlord, both including set bonus (BL also has 1 less piece), 33 ini compared to BL's 81 and only 10 more WS. Overall, every single piece has lower str than bloodlord and lower or no initiative while wounds are about the same. Not much dps assist or tanking to be had, if you have to patch up both the offensive and defensive stats of the set with talis and rr abilities. There's not much else to add in this point...This set's stat budget is completely used up by toughness or dump stats, which leads to my next point

Third point. Too much of the set's budget is used up by stats like Hp/s, Morale/s and AP/s. There's no way to get those stats high enough to the point they'll ever make a difference. 8hp/4s on shoulders, 4ap/s on chest, 2ap/s on boots and jewel...What are those stats supposed to accomplish? Tanks aren't AP hungry in the first place and have their own tools to get AP (Get 'Em, Grudge Unleashed, Chosen/Kotb Auras), in addition of other team mates abilities and tactics.

Fourth point. Almost no parry% whatsoever. 2% on the belt and that's it. No set bonuses for parry, no parry % on pieces, low WS. Using this set, or it's pieces in a 6v6 scenario will end up with you getting shredded to death by guard damage in a matter of seconds. It's even worse if you're in a pug sc and low on heals, or god forbid you are 2h guarding a Slayer or mSH or a bw/sorc in a largescale fight.

Overall, this set is completely crushed and outclassed by Bloodlord in both the defensive and offensive department.

Now that i've listed the problems with this set, here are my suggested changes.

Depending how much stats things like AP/S "cost" the items stat budget must be increased.

A good chunk of that toughness has to be converted into Str, WS, Ini.

Dump stats should (Especially that 8hp/4s on shoulders) be converted into either more raw stats (especially WS) or Parry%.
my dear! SM dont need WS and pls dont make SM nerf again
Just increase str stats is the truth and I think the set bonus is very normal not much surprise as conq or dominator

Babanim

Post#37 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:25 pm

Every Sovereign set should fit the specific needs of their classes. It will be nearly impossible to make a universal offensive Sovereign set that will fit the needs of all 6 tank classes.

Babanim

Post#38 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:26 pm

Alubert wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:13 pm The offensive set is completely fine.
It's not. For all the reasons that were previously stated in this thread.

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#39 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:50 pm

Tiamath wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:45 am Hello
any ETA on Lost Vale, this seems to be like only alternative upgrade above invader/bloodlord since not all have the opportunity to catch up with city events.
Are you kidding?

Don't ask for ETAs. We're not on the clock. It'll get worked on when we get to it.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

DokB

Post#40 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:26 am

Spoiler:
Angrisius wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:34 pm
DokB wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 pm Ehh not really. SM and BO don't need AP regen thanks to Sudden Shift/Changin Da Plan plus their best abilities costing 0 AP.
Scrolling the balance has a CD, prevents the use of important skills, and actually doesn't save AP. Effectiveness of the ability to restore AP in other tanks - is much higher.
A 5 second CD and doesn't prevent the use of important skills since it can be used outside the GCD time. How is this not saving you AP by shifting into a Perfect Balance 0 AP ability?
If you are running into AP issues on SM I don't know what to tell you, sounds like you aren't using Sudden Shift effectively.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard