Recent Topics

Ads

Healing RR gains

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Healing RR gains

Post#31 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Ghostwalker wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:50 pm
Wait one moment here because this game is not designed around the use of microphones or even a headset.. it should not be a requirement to be competitive, but here if you want to actually compete it is right? Doesn't make any sense and just exiles tons of people some of the best players I know in games do not use microphones of course some of them do and thrive using one but again it shouldn't be mandatory to be competitive in RvR/PvP.

I think this server needs way more community votes happening, there's literally hundreds of things that could be changed based on the players views/experiences.

Also I'm really happy someone else mentioned the 'elitists' here because there are quite a few and it creates a toxic environment, I cant even mention names cause of the rules.. if that isn't telling of whats wrong here then.. dunno what to say.
This game is grouped based and require that different archetypes coordinate and work together to achieve their goals. How you can coordinate? With communication. While this game doesn't require super fast reactions, typing stuff in chat is usually still not fast enough.
So it's not mandatory I would say, but you need more "skill" to be competitive without voice com (Same as with add-ons basically)
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:06 pm

Wait one moment here because this game is not designed around the use of microphones or even a headset.. it should not be a requirement to be competitive, but here if you want to actually compete it is right? Doesn't make any sense and just exiles tons of people some of the best players I know in games do not use microphones of course some of them do and thrive using one but again it shouldn't be mandatory to be competitive in RvR/PvP.

I think this server needs way more community votes happening, there's literally hundreds of things that could be changed based on the players views/experiences.

Also I'm really happy someone else mentioned the 'elitists' here because there are quite a few and it creates a toxic environment, I cant even mention names cause of the rules.. if that isn't telling of whats wrong here then.. dunno what to say.
Not sure where you are coming from but ANY pvp game, whether it's a shooter or mmo, is centered around communication, when it comes to high tier play.
When all people in group know what to do and know each other well enough to be able to play well together without even talking, then perfect. But some things like calling moral drops can only be made efficient with voice chat, as typing complex or timed commands and tactics takes too long.
A team with voice chat will always be faster to react as team to certain situations.
I am lucky to know a dude from live servers and we don't need voice chat, because it's like mind-reading and I can trust in him 100% for doing his job as tank. This is rare.

To compete here, you first need individual skill with your class. When all in group know to play their class, you can beat already almost all enemies. You need more to beat a group, which has same individual skill level and have practise to play as a team, because they are familiar with each other. Being able to communicate quickly due to voice chat improves this even further.

As long as there are no groups involved, this all doesn't matter and actually premades are rarely seen. I wish there were more but not every stomp is caused by a premade.
Last edited by Sulorie on Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dying is no option.

Vayra

Post#33 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:47 pm

This game is grouped based and require that different archetypes coordinate and work together to achieve their goals. How you can coordinate? With communication. While this game doesn't require super fast reactions, typing stuff in chat is usually still not fast enough.
So it's not mandatory I would say, but you need more "skill" to be competitive without voice com (Same as with add-ons basically)
Yeah, communication isn't technically mandatory, but it's such a huge advantage that if you want to play at a high level it is effectively mandatory. Now, as a regular member of the WB you don't need a mic, you just need to be in the channel and listen to the leader(s).

As for typing not being fast enough, for rvr definitely. I do remember doing ToVL on live and typing out quick instructions for certain things mid-fight, though that's not a recommended strategy.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ghostwalker

Post#34 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:31 pm

@Vayra @Sulorie @Arbich - I disagree still, the games are made for multiplayer sure but there is no voice communication specifics within the game take a look, show me them if yu find them, you wont though.

Yes I get that being competitive requires communications, I personally prefer the use of a microphone and use one when I want to, but others are less fortunate or have other reasons/issues that they cannot use comms and are penalized for it really, its like having a shooting competition where one guy uses a Potato Gun and the other uses a L115A3 Long Range Sniper Rifle.. technology wins that fight every time.

If I don't want to use comms in-game I have lots of macros I can use no problem, again its each to their own, some people love this idea others hate it, but you simply cannot say this game is designed around voice communication cause its not true.

Regardless of this fact, this is off-topic and we should halt this part of the topic now, Healing RR gains still need addressing ^^
Last edited by Ghostwalker on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostwalker

Post#35 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:48 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:47 pm (Same as with add-ons basically)
This is not the same thing dude, voice communication requires a headset+microphone whereas addons don't.

When was the last time you paid money for an addon in an mmorpg? Never? thought so.

When was the last time you paid money for a headset+microphone for mmorpg gaming? ££££££ You see the difference?

Arbich
Suspended

Post#36 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 pm

Sorry, but calling others toxic, while you actually agree with us ("like have a shooting competition where one guy uses a potato gun...") is kind of strange. Actually i would call it toxic.

To the topic: voice com is the least required on heals and renown gain is fine on heals.

And please read whole arguments. my argument was voice com/addons aren´t required, but give an advantage.
Last edited by Arbich on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ghostwalker

Post#37 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 pm Sorry, but calling others toxic, while you actually agree with us ("like have a shooting competition where one guy uses a potato gun...") is kind of strange. Actually i would call it toxic.

To the topic: voice com is the least required on heals and renown gain is fine on heals.
Wait what? I do not agree with you... my analogy proves you wrong... if you had a potato gun and i had a sniper rifle you would die, end of story.

The analogy being, someone without a headset in 6v6(potato gun) versus someone with a headset+microphone in 6v6(sniper rifle)... almost every time the headset+microphone(sniper rifle) wins that fight.

NOTE: Remember we are talking about comms being basically MANDATORY here on this server if you want to compete.
Last edited by Ghostwalker on Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#38 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 pm

Ghostwalker wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:54 pm
Arbich wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:51 pm Sorry, but calling others toxic, while you actually agree with us ("like have a shooting competition where one guy uses a potato gun...") is kind of strange. Actually i would call it toxic.

Wait what? I do not agree with you... my analogy proves you wrong... if you had a potato gun and i had a sniper rifle you would die, end of story.
mhm... english is not my native language, but I would say a native english speaker can understand my point. You can´t. So you either lack the language skills, trolling or be just dumb. I each case its not worth to discussing further with you. I am out :D

Ads
Ghostwalker

Post#39 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:01 pm

Arbich wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 pm

mhm... english is not my native language, but I would say a native english speaker can understand my point. You can´t. So you either lack the language skills, trolling or be just dumb. I each case its not worth to discussing further with you. I am out :D
wow now you're actually abusing me... interesting tactic.

I am English, born here raised here, whats your point exactly?

Tolerance

Post#40 » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:15 pm

Ghostwalker wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:01 pm
Arbich wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:58 pm

wow now you're actually abusing me... interesting tactic.

I am English, born here raised here, whats your point exactly?
His point is that you are completely missing his point.

He did not say comms were required, but he (rightfully) said that those who use them have a (usually significant) advantage over those who dont.

I'm not quite sure how you didn't grasp that, I'm inclined to agree with you trolling here.