Recent Topics

Ads

Healing RR gains

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
niikuu

Healing RR gains

Post#1 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:10 pm

Having made a couple healer alts, I couldn't help but notice that, compared to live, renown gains have been somewhat changed for healing and I'd like to know what the logic is behind this.

There's currently a severe lack of dedicated healers on the Order side, and I had to make one myself to finally realize that the contribution and rewards from healing are an overall bad experience for A LOT of work.

Some examples,
1. Literally carrying an SC with heals gets you less XP than a random, ineffective aoe spammer gets (as a BW main I know a bit about this)
2. RvR contribution for healing seems to be tiny compared to mindless damage
3. Solo healing RP in RvR is nonexistent (a playstyle many players ENJOY)

So, what's the point in nerfing healers' rewards system and removing the RP shower mechanics? They're literally playing for others, while all they usually get for it is moronic complaints in the SC chat.

Ads
sioding
Game Master

Re: Healing RR gains

Post#2 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:46 pm

I can help with the search function here ... seems not to work fine for you.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26157#p296115
OCRANA ...deal with it!
Jolinor
Siolor

sioding[at]returnofreckoning.com

niikuu

Post#3 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Thank you.
Search indeed doesn't work.

deathy

Post#4 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:21 pm

basically heal only group members, not much reward for heal out of party or ressing. if solo go dps from what devs posted

Ototo

Post#5 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:40 pm

deathy wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:21 pm basically heal only group members, not much reward for heal out of party or ressing. if solo go dps from what devs posted
Nope, i read it as that you get rewards for the heal and zone contribution, what you don't get is part of the renown of the killing out of party. Which is honestly fine.
Spoiler:

Groning1

Post#6 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:54 am

its not fine! the reason i stopped playing the game ,your DPS and tanks live and continue to fight because u are getting heals ,why should healers not recieve RR and be forced to Dps , months of playtime to recieve nothing for it , just to watch dps and tank fly past u in RR because u heal them pfft poor healers goodluck out there your just wasting your time

Vayra

Post#7 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:24 am

Ototo wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:40 pm
deathy wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:21 pm basically heal only group members, not much reward for heal out of party or ressing. if solo go dps from what devs posted
Nope, i read it as that you get rewards for the heal and zone contribution, what you don't get is part of the renown of the killing out of party. Which is honestly fine.
Why is that fine? If your healing is what allowed the kill to happen why shouldn't you get part of the renown? It doesn't have to be quite as generous as live for out of party healing (could farm ridiculous amounts of renown during sieges by hotting everyone as a solo healer), but there should be some incentive to heal your teammates even if they're not in your party.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ototo

Post#8 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:54 am

Vayra wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:24 am
Why is that fine? If your healing is what allowed the kill to happen why shouldn't you get part of the renown? It doesn't have to be quite as generous as live for out of party healing (could farm ridiculous amounts of renown during sieges by hotting everyone as a solo healer), but there should be some incentive to heal your teammates even if they're not in your party.
You answered your own question with the adjectives that you used to describe how farming renown was, and how you don't heal but just HoT people.
Spoiler:

Ads
Vayra

Post#9 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 am

Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:54 am

You answered your own question with the adjectives that you used to describe how farming renown was, and how you don't heal but just HoT people.
Which is why I said it shouldn't be as generous as on live, not that it should be absent entirely. If you participate in the kill, you should get renown, simple as that. Otherwise as a healer it would be better for me to let a solo dps die then kill the weakened order player myself (or have one of the dps in my group do it), which I think we can both agree is not something we want to encourage.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ototo

Post#10 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:33 am

Vayra wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 am
Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:54 am

Which is why I said it shouldn't be as generous as on live, not that it should be absent entirely. If you participate in the kill, you should get renown, simple as that. Otherwise as a healer it would be better for me to let a solo dps die then kill the weakened order player myself (or have one of the dps in my group do it), which I think we can both agree is not something we want to encourage.
And it is not cause you gain zone contribution. By healing out of party people you will get better bags.
Spoiler: