Recent Topics

Ads

Healing RR gains

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Vayra

Re: Healing RR gains

Post#11 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:47 am

Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:33 am
Vayra wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 am
Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:54 am

You answered your own question with the adjectives that you used to describe how farming renown was, and how you don't heal but just HoT people.
Which is why I said it shouldn't be as generous as on live, not that it should be absent entirely. If you participate in the kill, you should get renown, simple as that. Otherwise as a healer it would be better for me to let a solo dps die then kill the weakened order player myself (or have one of the dps in my group do it), which I think we can both agree is not something we want to encourage.
And it is not cause you gain zone contribution. By healing out of party people you will get better bags.
What is it not? Completely absent? It is since I get no renown from the act of healing. And tbh, when I play DoK I tend to do quite a lot of out of group healing during keep sieges to keep sorcs and other ranged dps alive, and I don't see much difference in my contribution if I only heal my group or if I help the faction by keeping others alive as well, so if the renown isn't going to come back the contribution should go up.

Now compare that to the DPS I helped get the kill: He got zone contribution, renown and quite possibly a medallion/gear drop. Should solo dps also not get any renown for kills and only get zone contribution? If you think they should, why is that different for healers?
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ads
Ototo

Post#12 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Vayra wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:47 am
Vayra wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:56 am

Which is why I said it shouldn't be as generous as on live, not that it should be absent entirely. If you participate in the kill, you should get renown, simple as that. Otherwise as a healer it would be better for me to let a solo dps die then kill the weakened order player myself (or have one of the dps in my group do it), which I think we can both agree is not something we want to encourage.
And it is not cause you gain zone contribution. By healing out of party people you will get better bags.
What is it not? Completely absent? It is since I get no renown from the act of healing. And tbh, when I play DoK I tend to do quite a lot of out of group healing during keep sieges to keep sorcs and other ranged dps alive, and I don't see much difference in my contribution if I only heal my group or if I help the faction by keeping others alive as well, so if the renown isn't going to come back the contribution should go up.

Now compare that to the DPS I helped get the kill: He got zone contribution, renown and quite possibly a medallion/gear drop. Should solo dps also not get any renown for kills and only get zone contribution? If you think they should, why is that different for healers?
Cause, as said in Natherul post, the goal is to encourage healers going into parties. You still get renown for the heal that you do, just don't for the kills. You don't have to convince me. I'm not a dev. I'm a tank player that enjoys having guaranteed heals instead of being at the mercy of being deemed renown-farm-worthy. I have it way worse than healers. Do you see me complaining?
Spoiler:

Vayra

Post#13 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:20 pm

Ototo wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:11 pm

Cause, as said in Natherul post, the goal is to encourage healers going into parties. You still get renown for the heal that you do, just don't for the kills. You don't have to convince me. I'm not a dev. I'm a tank player that enjoys having guaranteed heals instead of being at the mercy of being deemed renown-farm-worthy. I have it way worse than healers. Do you see me complaining?
Good for you that you're happy with the current implementation. However it could be better for you as well as the healers. If the healing pool of renown was reimplemented you too would gain more renown from your healers taking a second to heal up someone outside their party. And it could be restricted so that solo healers only gained 1/6th of the normal renown so that it would be no different for them if they were in a group or not (or even less to incentivize grouping).

For those who are unfamiliar with how it worked on live I'll give a quick rundown of how healers gained renown out of group: Every time someone got a kill a percentage of the renown earned was added to a pool, and when that player was healed (by any other player) a portion of that pool would be shared within the group of that healer. If it was your own group's healer that healed you, great, the pool was shared within the group. If it was a different group's healer (because your healer was busy/dead/low on AP/SE) a part of that pool would be shared with their group instead.

Now, the way this was abusable was that if you were in a group you would gain X renown split evenly among group members, but if you were solo you would gain X renown all for yourself. This allowed solo healers to hot up everyone around them and roll in renown as long as people were getting kills. now, there's a very easy fix for this, give solo players X/6 renown instead, or X/12. That would make it less beneficial to run solo, but still allow for groups to crossheal and benefit from it.

And as a final point, others having it worse is not an argument against improving an unequal system.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Ghostwalker

Post#14 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:34 pm

I started here just over a week ago(maybe longer im 24/7 stoned)

I started aSW.. realized quickly they're not what they were on live, I re-rolled healing WP cause I have always been a healer type in most games and I played WP a little before, my WP currently suffers 7 levels of renown loss compared to my friend who plays a BW he only survives and gets kills and damage cause I am pocket healing.. both of us are level 32 and his renown rank is 35 mine is only 28... I have carried plenty of SC so far and received little to no rewards for the effort, the experience is good if you win the sc sure, but if you lose you wasted your time.

I even had a scenario lastnight where we dominated destro and they received SAME AMOUNT of renown and exp as us... I felt robbed my fingers worked hard for that win

This entire server is dedicated to destro, even the website has a destro feel to it lets be honest.

So many people here with a dumb way of thinking, fml.

@Ototo you clearly are a fanboi of the devs and wouldnt mind them all laying down some pipe for you to milk, but be honest about whats happening here, healers are being screwed.

Wiede

Post#15 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:37 pm

Didn't someone made the analysis and figured out healers getting their RR the fastest overall? At the times max RR got increased?

Groning1

Post#16 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 pm

Wiede wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:37 pm Didn't someone made the analysis and figured out healers getting their RR the fastest overall? At the times max RR got increased?
lol really ,where did u find this misleading information?? :lol:

Sulorie

Post#17 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:11 pm

Groning1 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:06 pm
Wiede wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:37 pm Didn't someone made the analysis and figured out healers getting their RR the fastest overall? At the times max RR got increased?
lol really ,where did u find this misleading information?? :lol:
Yeah, I am wondering the same. Within group rp is shared, so no advantage for anyone and out of group they can't compete with DD being able to solo kill.
Dying is no option.

adamthelc

Post#18 » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:41 pm

A lack of a punishment is not a good way to encourage. You are defending this stance too much to separate yourself from it. I doubt anyone is trying convince a dev to change it. They are pretty stubborn on certain things and I doubt they change this, so people are complaining.

A solo tank doesnt really have it worse than a solo healer, but they probably contribute less.

The bottom line is the system doesnt really make sense. The idea is that healers should not get good rewards unless they play optimally, by being in a group. Yet if a healer is playing solo they get better rewards for doing crappy damage and tagging as much of they can while throwing out crappy heals. Instead of just playing optimally out of group and actually trying to keep people alive.

I understand they dont rewards to be great on a solo healer for a lot of reasons. That would be fine as long as everyone had worse rewards for being solo. Not only is that not the case, but some classes even get much better rewards for being solo.

It's a broken system and it's one they get to take credit for. It was broken before with oog healing, but they broke it in a different way and own it.

I dont really care that much, but that's my opinion.

Ads
Ghostwalker

Post#19 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:22 pm

SOOOO to all the peoples talking rubbish in this topic... Last night, I was in Praag, there were two warbands of 24 players both 24/24 so could not join anyone, I spammed /yell and /s HEALER LFG SIEGE etc... didn't get any groups, I hung around for the entire keep take and war that ensued, I got nothing for my three hours of online time...

Now tell me how RR for healing isn't **** here? I didn't even make one rank of RR I was healing non-stop for three hours..

If you people think that's 'fair' game then you need to seriously think your lives over.

I want minimum wage for my heals... atleast.

Ototo

Post#20 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:30 pm

Ghostwalker wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:22 pm SOOOO to all the peoples talking rubbish in this topic... Last night, I was in Praag, there were two warbands of 24 players both 24/24 so could not join anyone, I spammed /yell and /s HEALER LFG SIEGE etc... didn't get any groups, I hung around for the entire keep take and war that ensued, I got nothing for my three hours of online time...

Now tell me how RR for healing isn't **** here? I didn't even make one rank of RR I was healing non-stop for three hours..

If you people think that's 'fair' game then you need to seriously think your lives over.

I want minimum wage for my heals... atleast.
As tank, my solution in those situations is to start a WB myself. It may looks more complicated, but in the long run is way easier. Not trying to paternalize or blame, but trying to be seriously constructive cause it works for me.
Spoiler: