Recent Topics

Ads

Much needed shield DoK changes

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kyouaku

Much needed shield DoK changes

Post#1 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:44 am

I thought about making this post some months ago, and seeing +block on Warlord and Melee Sov, and a +block proc on Healing sov got me motivated to do it now LOL(I saw that the gear is still a WIP, but the sting was real hahaha)

The game would be much better for DoKs if shield DoKs was not a thing. The only thing successful the shield DoK has accomplished with its addition is ruin gear sets. It ruins full sentinel, and that fat block chance on the beastlord piece hurts the set. Less then 1 in 10 DoKs play it, it's rare to see it because the concept of a super low damage output healer that needs to be in combat to heal(And the healing isnt even very good despite the low damage) is weak. Snares, roots and punts are the death of it's viability(And the death of the team that stuck with that shield user LOL)

I think the idea of a tankier lower damage DoK/WP that heals more is a good idea though! The clever way to go about it would be to do something similar to what some of us did on live, and that is just use tankier gear that lowers damage but ups survivability ha. On the games end, I think what would be best would be to just have tankier melee sets that have some + melee healing bonuses. There is also a tactic in Sacrifice that next to noone uses, I think that could also be changed to something that lowers all damage but increases melee heals! Maybe something like -30% damage but plus 125% melee healing?(Lowering the damage lowers melee healing, so the melee healing increase will have to be large to get past the break even enough to be viable). As for the shield DoK specific skills, maybe just make them require this tactic. Failing that, just remove them all except transfer essence and just make that like it was on live IMO

Here are some examples of what a better Sentinel set would look like:

2-56 str(Same)
3-64 Init(Same)
4-70 wounds(Same)
5-500 armor(Or w/e you think is appropriate ofc)
6- 25% more healing off life taps(Or w/e you think is appropriate)
7 - 5% Melee crit

Now that is a good set! It supports a much different playstyle then bloodlord does(Hyper glass cannon), and you wont be tantamount to a dead slot in a SC using a full set of it now. It supports a tankier, lower damage build with a heal buff!

Now when it comes to warlord and 2x Sov, I noticed that warlord has a trivially lower RR requirement and cost, but a lower item level. I think this is a wasted opportunity for all classes, it would be better to move its cost and requirements up to sov, and just have it be different. I know with DPS classes, the 2 Sovs are glass cannon and uber tank. Maybe warlord can be a mix? This turns an obsolete-at-launch set of gear into something that adds to the game IMO

That being said, for the DoK, with the exception of the 8 peace proc bonus, the heal sov looks great. For Warlord and Melee Sov, I suggests that Warlord is something like the Sentinel template I listed, Melee Sov is a pure DPS set with stats like any other DPS(Just use what the other classes get, those looks good! (+str, crit, wounds, 6% armor pen, 8pce crit increase on enemy, ect ect), and the heal set I think is mostly fine as I mentioned. If the devs would like, I could draft up what I think would be a suitable warlord set, using set bonuses similar to other gear to maintain balance :D

Thank you for your time reading my mini Wall-of-Text!

Ads