Recent Topics

Ads

RoR Chosen auggestions and Feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ototo

Re: RoR Chosen auggestions and Feedback

Post#11 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 am

AngryVaran wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:04 pm 2. Discordant Winds for a very powerful solo build. Loled, almost all dmg abilities is spiritual damage, chosen dont need this tactic. Read my first post please.
3. Discordant Fluctuation. Kotbs have On your Guard. But when DF strike back only from magical attacks, OYG! strike back from any damage.
4. 25% parry on demand + 25% extra parry on block. Shield rush with tactic provide 10% block and 15% parry. Block>parry. But ok, this is chosen strong side, untill he dont fight with slayer or bw.
5. Daemonclav/Runefang. Yos, 250 from runefang on parry & 150 from daemonclav on crit.
And what we got? Another nobrain Vigilance kotbs that play only from tanksdetaunt and didnt see what they actualy got. In all build besiede Solar kotb take Vigilance and thas all. No one see that 15% heal+ from Kotbs and 20% heal+ from WP makes all antiheal useless. Playing on sc/wb for 8 month and didnt see any kotbs without it. Super strong build, and you can build it on 40/40.
2. Cleave spirit and undefendeable, Relentless spirit, etc... even snares are spirit. Not my trouble if you can see the possibilities. It's impossible to do the same solo build in KotBS.

3. No, OYG! only reflect mele attacks. Unless that the tooltip is incredibly bad worded, cause it says exactly that.

4. Trying to compare? Was never the point of the question I was answering.

5. Again, unless that the tactic is incredibly bad worded, works on parry, for which the chosen has an on-demand 50% increase. I would take the Chosen mirror any day in my KotBS.

And the rest is making up from you. Where did I even mention that x is better than y? Or anything about heal? Or whatever the sh*t that you continue for a full paragraph about KotBS players? Idk nor I don't care, dude, but next time stick to what people says instead of making it up.
Spoiler:

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:01 am

To add to what Ototo said.

Things which chosen has, which I would really wish on my bg:

1. Cleave, spammable undefendable dmg. Synergies great with Discordant Winds (LOOOL useless), and with Inevitable Changing m1 (since with DW chosen doesn't needs armor debuff anymore)- not running out of AP does more for chosen dmg than any dmg tactic. And obviously synergies great with resists aura resists debuff.
2. Backlash- works vs all types of attacks, unlike kotb aura, does actually a good dmg (its a 2 sec tick, not 3 like most dots), and doesn't takes aura slot.
3. ToP- single ability which turns a full turtle tank into semi decent dps.
4. Flawless armor- 10% less dmg from any mdps with a crit tactic, and even better vs bw.

And just to press the point more, since calling Discordant Winds useless impressed me that much- Cleave is physical, aa is physical, Suppression which chosen is likely to use on CD is physical, Tooth of Tzeench first attack is physical, melee snare which again used a lot is physical, Withering Blow which is likely to be used on CD vs lot of targets is physical. LOOOL useless.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Detangler

Post#13 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:54 am

1. The big damage abilities that chosen use are either already spirit damage (ravage, touch of palsy), or already have a tactic that turns relentless into spirit damage. Discordant winds won't help out with these abilities and still has a pretty significant drawbacks.
2. Backlash does not do good damage. It's great for aoe solo scavenging/butchering, but there are much much better tactic slots in pvp.

You're all listing things that are unique to the class, but not one of those abilities are things that are over performing in any way to the point of tipping the balance of 6v6 or 24v24 battles. Every class has things that others dont.

Where are all the threads calling for chosen nerfs? Where are the videos of solo chosen players easily dropping similar high ranked players?
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ototo

Post#14 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 am

Detangler wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:54 am 1. The big damage abilities that chosen use are either already spirit damage (ravage, touch of palsy), or already have a tactic that turns relentless into spirit damage. Discordant winds won't help out with these abilities and still has a pretty significant drawbacks.
2. Backlash does not do good damage. It's great for aoe solo scavenging/butchering, but there are much much better tactic slots in pvp.

You're all listing things that are unique to the class, but not one of those abilities are things that are over performing in any way to the point of tipping the balance of 6v6 or 24v24 battles. Every class has things that others dont.

Where are all the threads calling for chosen nerfs? Where are the videos of solo chosen players easily dropping similar high ranked players?
1. How does it has drawbacks if you are running solo? It makes not even sense that all you try to suggest that this tactic is anything but laughably overpowered to run solo. And if you are not spamming the phys skills and call the spirit "big hits" is cause you have no damn idea. They hit hard cause they are spirit....like seriously, didn't you make the connection of why all good dmg comes from the spirit ones? Omg.....

2. I'm gonna directly presume here that you don't play the class, cause is hard to say something so ignorant about this.

You asked specifically for that and got answers. Way to turn around twisting the question and the answers so it only sounds like you want, that Chosen underperforms. If you think that, probably you are the one underperforming, cause the class is 100% healthy and fine.

And in the name of God, stop your stupid destro bias. Chosen nerf? Where in hell do you read that? Nobody has asked for it, neither for a buff, but you. For me this thread is over. Last answer here cause you only want to misrepresent the class to get buff that it doesn't need.
Spoiler:

Detangler

Post#15 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 am

Ototo wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:23 am
Detangler wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:54 am 1. The big damage abilities that chosen use are either already spirit damage (ravage, touch of palsy), or already have a tactic that turns relentless into spirit damage. Discordant winds won't help out with these abilities and still has a pretty significant drawbacks.

1. How does it has drawbacks if you are running solo? It makes not even sense that all you try to suggest that this tactic is anything but laughably overpowered to run solo. And if you are not spamming the phys skills and call the spirit "big hits" is cause you have no damn idea. They hit hard cause they are spirit....like seriously, didn't you make the connection of why all good dmg comes from the spirit ones? Omg.....

2. I'm gonna directly presume here that you don't play the class, cause is hard to say something so ignorant about this.

You asked specifically for that and got answers. Way to turn around twisting the question and the answers so it only sounds like you want, that Chosen underperforms. If you think that, probably you are the one underperforming, cause the class is 100% healthy and fine.

And in the name of God, stop your stupid destro bias. Chosen nerf? Where in hell do you read that? Nobody has asked for it, neither for a buff, but you. For me this thread is over. Last answer here cause you only want to misrepresent the class to get buff that it doesn't need.
Ototo, dude. i dont think you realized that the last couple of sentences were rhetorical questions - meaning no one is stating that the chosen class is overpowered or overperforming in any way right now.

1. no dev cares about the solo game (stated many times on many posts), and i have yet to see any thread of anyone complaining about solo chosens tearing up the lakes. please prove me wrong if you see something. have you or anyone you know fought a chosen and lost horribly because they were using this tactic? yes, the chosen does spirit damage, but most of the abilities have less base value damage than their counterparts. the chosen class is not some big offensive damage juggernaut.

2. 50 damage tick reaction dots are not strong. don't kid yourself here. you can see my signature, you know i play the class. why would i take this tactic when there are so many better tactics available. i guess you can do fluff damage in forts for more contribution, but you're not killing anything with backlash slotted.

was my first post in this thread a bit snarky with a touch of jest? yeah, i'll admit it. but this class is not the top dog of the tank world. not by a long shot.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Zxul

Post#16 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:41 pm

Detangler wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:33 am 2. 50 damage tick reaction dots are not strong. don't kid yourself here. you can see my signature, you know i play the class. why would i take this tactic when there are so many better tactics available. i guess you can do fluff damage in forts for more contribution, but you're not killing anything with backlash slotted.
Make it 140 sh before mitigation, so 90-110 per tick after, undefendable dmg, which doesn't costs GCDs. And compare it with kotb's Shield of the Sun, which does 100-130, and has a CD even with Sun's Blessing tactic.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh