Recent Topics

Ads

How is development progressing?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ley
Former Staff

Re: How is development progressing?

Post#31 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:47 pm

nalgol wrote: my little daughter just got born 3 days ago :-)
d'aaaaaw Congratz! May she be healthy and happy!

Ads
Aurilian

Post#32 » Sun May 03, 2015 5:12 am

I would suggest that due to current and future server populations it might be a good idea to at least lower item pricing with crests or increasing drop rates from what they were on the Mythic servers. It was bad enough having to farm for so long to get an upgrade when their servers were higher populated. But then this wont be needed for a good while yet since t2 is still yet to be released.

tiapheres

Post#33 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:38 am

nalgol wrote:

thx for all the kind wishes :-) guess this will be my epic quest to turn her into my personal healer might take some years though ^^

on boe bop i think its an important feature that helps the longelivity sure we could place vendors there where you could buy everything but you would get bored in no time i seen this on swgemu with the blue frogs on the server everyone got max gear in a matter of seconds did some pvp and well logged off you need gear progression and something to strive for to make your toon better or it doesn't work thats what keeps players online and the server alive

i know the lootsystem is shitty right now but rewriting that takes alot of time
I totally agree with you Nalgol you are spot on. As much as alot of repliers say and think, any game that has easy mode or welfared gear too readily have caused massive declines or even the deaths of their game. Item progression is a excellent way to help motivate players. I have over 15 yrs experience in MMO's and one of the best progression experiences (excluding the punishing level grind) has been Everquest. Everquest has held gamers for over a decade not due to just item progression but actual diverse and widespread itemization. I think a big thing that hurts this game is the restriction of weapons by class/race. Although some restriction is good, having heavy limitation on gear stagnates diversity and creates cookie cutter builds more easily restricting ingenuity and flexibility.

World of warcraft had some of the best leveling grind pacing and gear tiering systems. They only failed on the gear front due to limits on itemization diversity which lead to every endgame character feeling stale and similar to all its peers. Increasing rarity of gear but creating more stat combinations and quantity of unique drops throughout the game world will increase the lifespan and interest as you will have those hardcore types combing the world to find the combination they want most and rewarding the lucky casual with the occasional epic find due to being in the right place at the right time. This kind of gear itemization creates memories and inspiration that few games have captured. WoW hasn't seen it since Vanilla, and EQ hasn't seen it since before the Planes of Power.

Outside of that I want to thank you guys for bring this game back from the dead, we understand its buggy but we hope you continue to work on it and myself and my community will do our best to advertise the return and hopefully find people who will throw donations and or support your way to help this project reach a level Mythic/EA never could.

Eathisword

Post#34 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:28 am

nalgol wrote:
let them hold those items if they wish gold wipe will most certainly only happen with bop boe active afterwards

my dev time is a bit low atm my little daughter just got born 3 days ago :-)
I know this thread is a tad old but I'll chime in anyway.

I do think the BoP/BoE status of gear is a good thing, but only for vendor items such as PvP armor. For gear that drops from monsters or dungeon, I would not go that route. It was implemented to counter duping, mainly of lotd OP items.

Thing is, farming mobs is tedious. It is not a matter of eazymode qq. It is a fact. Make us kill 1000 players in PvP for a jewel that is BoP and i'm all for it. Make me kill 1000 zombies in a PQ for that same jewel and I'll be pissed if it's BoP/BoE.

This is mainly due to WAR mechanic about gear being specific to a class. Thus, your chance of actually getting something you can use (not necessarily something you need...) are 1 out 12. With the actual drop rate (1% or below ?) it means killing thousands of mobs for 1 usable piece. Whereas, without BoP, you can trade. It creates somewhat of an economy in the game, while making the grind less of a hustle.

As for me being against BoE, it's simply for replay value. If you can give away old gear once you outlevel it, its gonna make rerolling alts more appealing, which might create more action in the lower tier when T3-T4 are open.

To sum up, gear grind of BoP/BoE is ok, if it's PvP driven. Otherwise it's shooting the game in the foot.

My 2 cents anyway !
Gratz on the baby :p
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

warhammer1995

Post#35 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:07 am

Antipatra wrote:I started playing a few days ago and it's really empty and boring, though I understand there is a lot of work that still needs to be done. In my opinion, I think the first thing the team should be doing is polishing Tier 1 as much as possible, fixing quests, classes and setting a level cap to let people experience a finished Tier without any risk of leveling out, then add in Tiers like "mini-expansions" when they're completed and ready to roll out. The game would probably be a lot more active with less "niche" players (ie. people that really want to play an unfinished product) if there was some actual substance here. At its' current stage, this game is only going to attract the most hardcore fans.

Just a thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjA7bUtuE8w i don't thing its boring
RP - Pavoss :idea: