Recent Topics

Ads

Turrets??

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Hardkoar
Suspended

Turrets??

Post#1 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Turrets are able to shot people in stealth.

Turrets are shooting through walls ...

I'm sure everyone understands how broken this is. Would be nice to get a fix.

Ads
Glorian

Re: Turrets??

Post#2 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:57 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:40 pm Turrets are able to shot people in stealth.

Turrets are shooting through walls ...

I'm sure everyone understands how broken this is. Would be nice to get a fix.
It is new to me that Turrets are shooting on Stealthed Targets. If they are in their sequence and the target is cloaking then they end their sequence like maschine gun and shoot on them even if they are stealthed but then don't continue to shoot.
If a stealthed WE approaches they only begin to shoot when the WE is near and is detected by the turret. Near like almost on top.

Do you have a video that shows it?

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#3 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:14 pm

In a scenario, Gates of Ekrund, just walking up the ramp, Engi had turrets sitting around their flag up top, they started shooting at cloaked Witch Elves, I was also one of those.

Multiple turrets shooting on cloaked targets even through walls. The engi had no idea that stealthed classes were there, obviously the turrets gave them away after they started shooting. I had the engi selected to see if he could target me through stealth, thought he could be using some cheats of sort, but he never did.

Only after his turrets took half my hp, without breaking my stealth mind you lmao, and I became seen he targetted me.

Ototo

Post#4 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:47 pm

Hardkoar wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:14 pm In a scenario, Gates of Ekrund, just walking up the ramp, Engi had turrets sitting around their flag up top, they started shooting at cloaked Witch Elves, I was also one of those.

Multiple turrets shooting on cloaked targets even through walls. The engi had no idea that stealthed classes were there, obviously the turrets gave them away after they started shooting. I had the engi selected to see if he could target me through stealth, thought he could be using some cheats of sort, but he never did.

Only after his turrets took half my hp, without breaking my stealth mind you lmao, and I became seen he targetted me.
Never seen something like that happening in my WE, WH with Magus demons, or in my Engi/Magus. I have had instances of getting detected by squigs and lions too far away, but I think that was due to latency, cause I could have been in their detection range in 1 sec later than the moment I was detected. Like both you and the SH running to each other, you stopped or he turned around, yet you got detected like half a sec approximately later. Never with static pets though.
Spoiler:

Hardkoar
Suspended

Post#5 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:14 pm

I never even got to the turret, it was shooting at me the moment i came out of the corner (10/20 meters away).

ultimlich

Post#6 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:15 pm

Engineers do have a tactic called Proximity Alarm which increases chance for you and groupmates to detect stealthed targets by 50% when you are within 20 feet of turret. Although the way that's worded, I don't think it should affect the turrets themselves, but maybe it does. Are turrets and pets affected by abilities that affect groupmates in general?