Recent Topics

Ads

Ward system is boring

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Aurandilaz

Re: Ward system is boring

Post#41 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:29 pm

week 1
day 1 - run GB, 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 2
day 1 - run GB 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 3
day 1 - run GB 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 4
you have GB wards already now from 3/3 quest
day 2 - run city 1-2h - 4/4 quest done, you have ward now
day 3 - run BS 1-3h - 4/4 quest done, you have full ward

obviously if you get lucky, you might be done without the quest and have full ward with just 2-6h investment.
With ~9h GB, 4-8h city, 4-12h BS, you have now best PVE gear available in game, with stats that equal top tier RvR gear.
Such suffering though, having to do 20-40h of pve... Vanq gear is behind 100-200h of RvR grind, Oppressor behind 200-500h of scenario grind. Invader depends on your luck of being able to be online before fort starts, and then adding together hours spend getting fort reservation and actual fort battle, and you might need anywhere between 200-1000h to finish the gear set. Which is kinda fine, considering it is the hardest to obtain RvR gearset in game as of now (and highest stats).

Obviously finding dungeon groups is maybe not instant, but that's why guild exists, you can preplan a dungeon run in discord weeks in advance etc. And if you have too many dps, and never enough tanks, then maybe rotate around so everyone can get their dps geared, and occasionally help others gear up by playing tanks/heals instead of bitching about "why won't anyone carry MY pughero solo dps in pve".

Ads
Sulorie

Post#42 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:35 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:29 pm week 1
day 1 - run GB, 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 2
day 1 - run GB 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 3
day 1 - run GB 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 4

obviously if you get lucky, you might be done without the quest and have full ward with just 2-6h investment.
With ~9h GB, 4-8h city, 4-12h BS, you have now best PVE gear available in game, with stats that equal top tier RvR gear.
Such suffering though, having to do 20-40h of pve... Vanq gear is behind 100-200h of RvR grind, Oppressor behind 200-500h of scenario grind. Invader depends on your luck of being able to be online before fort starts, and then adding together hours spend getting fort reservation and actual fort battle, and you might need anywhere between 200-1000h to finish the gear set. Which is kinda fine, considering it is the hardest to obtain RvR gearset in game as of now (and highest stats).

Obviously finding dungeon groups is maybe not instant, but that's why guild exists, you can preplan a dungeon run in discord weeks in advance etc. And if you have too many dps, and never enough tanks, then maybe rotate around so everyone can get their dps geared, and occasionally help others gear up by playing tanks/heals instead of bitching about "why won't anyone carry MY pughero solo dps in pve".
Your post, filled with common sense, offends me. Go away!
Dying is no option.

CountTalabecland

Post#43 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:57 pm

All I am saying is Gunbad takes too many runs and RNG drops. I should have everything I need per character from running each wing three times and be done with the starter dungeon. Its not difficulty keeping me from progressing, just RNG bullshit.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

adamthelc

Post#44 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:20 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:29 pm week 1
day 1 - run GB, 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 2
day 1 - run GB 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 3
day 1 - run GB 2-3h
day 2 - run city 1-2h
day 3 - run BS 1-3h

week 4

You arent really counting the extra times you have to run GB to help guildies or friends out. Had full redeye on lots of characters now and I still seem to keep running it. But you do have some decent points if the thread was about the current situation with wards.

You didnt really outline what the grind would look like after LV or even ToVL if it were added.

It's like someone previously posted, how long does content have to stay relevant. I have no problem with GB, I just think at some point it should stop being a mandatory part of progression.

Also 1 hour of grinding PvP is not the same as 1 hour of grinding PvE. PvE is fine at first, but gets old much faster since it is less dynamic.

However, I am perfectly fine with never allowing wards to be gained through PvP or other ways like you used to be able to in live. I just think they should look at making some of the oldest PvE content less mandatory as newer content continues to come out.

Martok

Post#45 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Alfinnete wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 pmGuys, Ward's system doesn't seem to be very pleasant and it ends up becoming quite boring.

You got that right.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

rafnir

Post#46 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:56 pm

Okay i am back after about a year and now i am naked on all my rank 40 characters. Do i have to do all this Ward **** on all my characters to get dressed again?
Guess i remove the game then because i am not doing that.

agemennon675

Post#47 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:08 pm

rafnir wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:56 pm Okay i am back after about a year and now i am naked on all my rank 40 characters. Do i have to do all this Ward **** on all my characters to get dressed again?
Guess i remove the game then because i am not doing that.
If you have any complete sets in your inventory or bank just equip that and you will get the wards up until to that gear level, if not, well...
Destruction: 40-BG / 40-DoK / 40-Chosen / 37-Mara / 37/Sorc / 36-SH / 36-Choppa / 24-Shaman / 16-WE
Order: 40-SW / 40-SM / 40-WP / 40-WL / 39-Kotbs / 38-BW / 33-AM / 22-WH / 16-RP / 12-Slayer

Lilim
Community Management

Post#48 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:00 pm

Hey,

welcome back. Please open a new thread if you have further questions about the ward system. To necro an over 2 years old thread that doesn't belong to the topic isn't really helpfull.

Ads