Recent Topics

Ads

Ward system is boring

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfinnete
Banned

Ward system is boring

Post#1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 pm

Guys, Ward's system doesn't seem to be very pleasant and it ends up becoming quite boring. In the live if I'm not mistaken, both pvp and pve went up the same Ward. With a new PvE and PvP set coming soon, I imagine it would be time to rethink the current Ward system.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Ward system is boring

Post#2 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:30 pm

At least reduce the effort it takes to get through Gunbad gear. Taking the time effort to run all my characters through there and get the gear is ridiculous. Most casual players just aren’t going to bother.

Its ok if the additional dungeons take more time but Gunbad seems like an immense buzzkill to more of the population running sentinel and bloodlord.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Ototo

Post#3 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:33 pm

Alfinnete wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 pm Guys, Ward's system doesn't seem to be very pleasant and it ends up becoming quite boring. In the live if I'm not mistaken, both pvp and pve went up the same Ward. With a new PvE and PvP set coming soon, I imagine it would be time to rethink the current Ward system.
You obviously forgot to say that every dungeon was completely empty except the last one released and that forming groups for dungeons in live, with a lot more population than here, was a lit harder than here is to form, and also that you could pass, literally, months hoping for that drop of the only last piece that you needed for a set and could still drop items for classes that not even were part of the party, while here you are guaranteed to get the set if you complete the dungeon a certain amount of times by turning a quest to reward you that missing piece.

It was A LOT more grindy in live than it is here.
Spoiler:

marisco

Post#4 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Removing wards means that people would just run the lastest dungeon released and the rest would be forgotten. Devs worked hard to script stuff back from scratch, to make it all for nothing would be dumb as hell.

Forced progression makes the whole content relevant.

adamthelc

Post#5 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:42 pm

The way wards worked on live made it so they were kind of irrelevant. They serve their purpose pretty well here.

I wouldn't be opposed to them removing lesser ward requirements when a new instance is released though. I doubt that would be something they would do, but I would be for it.

I dont know any people running Gunbad for the gear or because they enjoy it. It's just a chore you have to complete.

Akilinus

Post#6 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Ototo wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:33 pm
Alfinnete wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:16 pm Guys, Ward's system doesn't seem to be very pleasant and it ends up becoming quite boring. In the live if I'm not mistaken, both pvp and pve went up the same Ward. With a new PvE and PvP set coming soon, I imagine it would be time to rethink the current Ward system.
You obviously forgot to say that every dungeon was completely empty except the last one released and that forming groups for dungeons in live, with a lot more population than here, was a lit harder than here is to form, and also that you could pass, literally, months hoping for that drop of the only last piece that you needed for a set and could still drop items for classes that not even were part of the party, while here you are guaranteed to get the set if you complete the dungeon a certain amount of times by turning a quest to reward you that missing piece.

PVP gear counted towards wards on live?
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Drozen

Post#7 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 pm

Akilinus wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Yes, you had one pve and pvp ward on the same lvl. so ex: Anni pvp (lesser ward) Sentinel pve (lesser ward), both would gett you thrue to proggress up on more lvl.
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

Lithenir

Post#8 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Drozen wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:22 pm
Akilinus wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Yes, you had one pve and pvp ward on the same lvl. so ex: Anni pvp (lesser ward) Sentinel pve (lesser ward), both would gett you thrue to proggress up on more lvl.
Don't forget you could get wards also through achievements like "kill 100 guild leaders" or something

Ads
Alfinnete
Banned

Post#9 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:10 pm

The idea is not to remove but to update to reality.

Tanski

Post#10 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:54 pm

If you removed lesser ward, then noone would do gunbad outside of jewelry lol.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am