Recent Topics

Ads

Malus

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tom

Malus

Post#1 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:44 am

Hi, I suggest that Malus is only applied to rank 40s and anyone in a warband. Ranking up a melee dps on destro side atm and for the past week I haven't seen any zone where there are order players in the zone (plenty of completely desolete zones) without Malus affecting destro side. So, playing small scale and solo, winning vs multiple rank 40s on a character that is barely beyond rank 20 I oftentimes get no xp, no renown, alternatively get hit with a big XP gain but 0 renown, and in one case 1 vs 2 fight against two rank 40 I got 2 renown, it doesnt exactly inspire to play anything beyond scenarios. Moving zones, as I already pointed to, is nowadays rarely an option. I/we go have a look but even at prime time there is little activity in anything but one tier 4 zone at any time.

Playing sub-40s OUTSIDE OF warbands (ie party should be ok) I suggest should be unaffected by Malus. Just because there may be warbands duking it out somewhere else in the zone shouldnt penalize the progression of non-blobbing lower levels trying to rank up. Atm only real renown or influence is carrying supplies, which especially in the larger t4 zones isnt exactly making renown fly in. And yes, I understand the intent with malus but my suggestion is keep it for the warbands where I think it 'might' serve as a discouragement against blobbing up against vastly outnubmered enemies, and any rank 40s also outside of warband I think is fair, but make it easier for below rank 40s who dont blob up to actually rank up with some renown and influence gains and not only xp.

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Malus

Post#2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 am

After few patches back playing Tier2-3 are much better because scenario's pop now. But T2-4 Playing solo or duo rvr is in sad state, i get that's not the main focus but there used to be alot of us that play solo, rarely trio. Maybe keep scs like this but dont allow rank 40 players in lower tiers, only 16-39 in Tier2-3. Keep current bo system but adding maybe 2 objects that you take as realm and you need to defend it for 2 minutes and if you do it locks for 5-7 minutes and affects the orvr in some way and you get small bonus from defending or retaking it, and those times are just random but small parties would be more useful and have great rvr. Lvl 33+ can go to t4 orvr if they want but keeping lvl 40 people out of t2-3 makes everything better. I dont even know what Malus is and i just started writing and didnt remember why: D Sorry for using your thread.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

orfeask

Post#3 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 am I dont even know what Malus is and i just started writing and didnt remember why: D Sorry for using your thread.
Malus basically reduces your xp an renown gains from kills to 1 in a zone if your faction is overpopulated in that zone.

Celyt

Post#4 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:04 pm

Instead of punishing people for being on the overpopulated winning side they should just reward the people who are fighting them more. That way there is a power shift to balance it and/or a huge reward for defending against overwhelming odds.

normanis

Post#5 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:47 pm

orfeask wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:49 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:26 am I dont even know what Malus is and i just started writing and didnt remember why: D Sorry for using your thread.
Malus basically reduces your xp an renown gains from kills to 1 in a zone if your faction is overpopulated in that zone.
its from kills not zone lock or lord kill. if malus give from zone lock/kill lord 1 rr. its will be better. (or completly dead because noone will push zones while enemy has 100+ aao)
p.s Malus Darkblade agree with this masohism
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"