Recent Topics

Ads

I love hybrids, please make Shaman and AM great again!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Amaranth

I love hybrids, please make Shaman and AM great again!

Post#1 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:50 am

As the title says im a hybrid player to the core when i thought about going back to play daoc server again. Instead i was like what about WAR. Came here, just dripping my toes in atm, but was rather enjoying the WP and well most of the time in orvr i just heal. But thats not what i am looking for so much and i remembered that Shamans (and AM) have a hybrid line (Da Green and Vaul). As always research builds and changes (great job RoR) i learned that sometime last year these were nerfed to where everyone but one person (who said there is always a time and place for any spec) stated that these lines are entirely unusable to hybrid heal... Makes me sad. I probably will give it a spin anyways, even if people hate me. Its this or grace/dps healing (and tbh i feel bad doing this as i largely just spam heals anyway.)

Maybe i can play like a RP and use a lot of dps abilities or AM healer while utilizing a lot of LT DoTs?

I am sure plenty of people ask for tons of more important stuff, just felt kinda sad at this and last seen most of these post around spring of last year. Thanks for all your effort RoR staff.

Ads
dshdf

Re: I love hybrids, please make Shaman and AM great again!

Post#2 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:54 am

imo, sham/am in full dd gear 3+2 build is what you are looking for. But you need a lot of gear to be effective. Zealot/rp stance is bugged again, their overall dps is mediocre (zealot due to lack of ap, rp due to high reliance on dots), atm their role is warband debuff bot and nothing more.

Barracudax

Re: I love hybrids, please make Shaman and AM great again!

Post#3 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:05 am

Woke up :lol: :lol: :lol: , shamans always played in hybrid builds, AMs now a little turned on the brain and also begin to play.