Recent Topics

Ads

Minimum contribution in forts being realmwide

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Grock

Re: Minimum contribution in forts being realmwide

Post#11 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am

lordnavar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:23 am 14 Forts - i got rewards 2 times. Aint right.
i got one gold and one white bag in 50+ forts, lucky you :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#12 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:11 am

Grock wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am
lordnavar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:23 am 14 Forts - i got rewards 2 times. Aint right.
Depends if he emans truly nothing or just not a bag.

Mathematically and design wise your not expected to get a gold bag, its a nice bonus if you do that speeds up the time, but it was never designed in a way where you should expect a gold bag. Because there is a cap of 24 bags total of which 6 are gold. So unless you have a reliable way to beat everyone in contribution (which is possible if you are really good) you fight versus ALL the players in the fort for those 6 bags.

Lithenir

Post#13 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:16 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:11 am
Grock wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:08 am
Depends if he emans truly nothing or just not a bag.

Mathematically and design wise your not expected to get a gold bag, its a nice bonus if you do that speeds up the time, but it was never designed in a way where you should expect a gold bag. Because there is a cap of 24 bags total of which 6 are gold. So unless you have a reliable way to beat everyone in contribution (which is possible if you are really good) you fight versus ALL the players in the fort for those 6 bags.
Contribution sadly is not everything. We once had a fort where 3 of our 6 man group placed top 6 in contribution. After the roll no one ended up with a bag. Not to whine but just to tell that contribution simply is not everything.

Alsar

Post#14 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:21 am

Maybe make this "contribution" system more clear for players in-game? I mean, addon or board showing the scale of contribution and future rewards for zone lock, enough or not efforts for reward for the fortress, etc.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#15 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:22 am

Alsar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:21 am Maybe make this "contribution" system more clear for players in-game? I mean, addon or board showing the scale of contribution and future rewards for zone lock, enough or not efforts for reward for the fortress, etc.
The contribution weighting is purposefully not disclosed. Otherwise players would attempt to gamify it for sure. The sources are know but exact weighting is not and will not be.

Flavorburst

Post#16 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:23 am

Alsar wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:21 am Maybe make this "contribution" system more clear for players in-game? I mean, addon or board showing the scale of contribution and future rewards for zone lock, enough or not efforts for reward for the fortress, etc.
They don't like giving too many details about it because they feel as though it opens the system up to exploitation.

lordnavar

Post#17 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:34 pm

What i was trying to say in 14 forts i got 8 metals as rewards not talking about bags.
Been saying that i took first gold bag ever in fort today. Didn't do anything different thought

wonshot

Post#18 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:50 pm

@nat

So those forts where the attackers heavily overwhelm and outnumber the defenders. Where stage2 is almost never seeing any flags swapping side, and the drypush just runs over the defenders, and most of the defenders dont get contribution.

is the current system coded to simply just not reward such imballance, im just wondering. Since you commented earlier about the system is just in place to prevent afking? but is afking really that much of an issue still now that people are not taking up limmited fort spots?
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
Grock

Post#19 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:39 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:23 am
They don't like giving too many details about it because they feel as though it opens the system up to exploitation.
Which would expose weaknessess of the system and make it easier to discuss and tweak...
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#20 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:35 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:50 pm @nat

So those forts where the attackers heavily overwhelm and outnumber the defenders. Where stage2 is almost never seeing any flags swapping side, and the drypush just runs over the defenders, and most of the defenders dont get contribution.

is the current system coded to simply just not reward such imballance, im just wondering. Since you commented earlier about the system is just in place to prevent afking? but is afking really that much of an issue still now that people are not taking up limmited fort spots?
I have added a system where if totally dominated the dominated side still get the minimum reward. On top of that with adding kills in stage 2 as a contribution gain the chances for getting too little contrib should be alleviated somewhat. Please note that ofc there seem to be something off still with some not getting any loot but as stated I have yet to be able to replicate this issue, but I have pushed a debug message that if encountered I want reported to confirm or (in lack of reports) deny suspicion