Recent Topics

Ads

New Forts System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
OndeTv

Re: New Forts System

Post#41 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:12 am

Vdalin wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:04 pm[...]Numbers aside, I see the key issue is that 2 wbs can hold a fort gate against an infinite number of attackers, so with 5-6 wbs defending, there is no contest. It does seem to be a tough problem to solve. There is no team composition, strategy, or numbers that will allow a successful fort attack against 120 defenders[...]
Herein lies the real issue once again: Chokepoints.

Population scales, but chokepoints do not (and once again this issue is not specific to forts). Once "critical mass" is achieved in a chokepoint, there is currently next to no way to get past it regardless of faction. And as such it makes the campaign stale whenever population is high (meaning mostly during EU playtimes), as no faction really wants to push a fort and risk wasting their time.
~~~~~~~~ OndeTv, Sorceress, <The Art of War> ~~~~~~~~
~~ Onds, choppa ~~ Ondarm, marauder ~~ Helligonden, zealot ~~
~~~~~~~~~~ and many more destro characters ~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~ Proud member of Nagarythe Corps in the old days ~~~~~

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#42 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:29 am

Miszczu5647 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 am Yesterday Caledor shows new trend. I was on destro. Monitoring numbers very closely. Order had ~170 players all the times. Destro had AAO between 80% to 20%.
Im fortress order still had ~ 170 players. But destro over 200. And they win by share numbers.

People want theirs stuff in easiest way. For now easiest means afk on capitol and jump when fortress begin to collect 4 medals.
More like doing sc's and waiting for fort.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Yaliskah
Former Staff

Post#43 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 am

drmordread wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:29 am
Miszczu5647 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 am Yesterday Caledor shows new trend. I was on destro. Monitoring numbers very closely. Order had ~170 players all the times. Destro had AAO between 80% to 20%.
Im fortress order still had ~ 170 players. But destro over 200. And they win by share numbers.

People want theirs stuff in easiest way. For now easiest means afk on capitol and jump when fortress begin to collect 4 medals.
Yaliskah wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am ...I got this feeling sometime, that some players would prefer to have a free shop, with insta max character max gear instead of really playing (remember BO ticks?).
Yaliskah wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am Gear. I'm surprised no one pointed that. In the end it goes faster to complete a full invader set than a Vanquisher one or a Conqueror. Probably no one noticed. Mmm. I don't even speak about lowbies starting to collect this set even they are still in devastator. Point is, this part of the process has not been addressed yet....
Yaliskah wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am ...i have the feeling [...], there is a very hypocritical behavior about the way the game is played...[/u][/b].
What a surprise.

normanis

Post#44 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:36 am

Yaliskah wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:40 am
drmordread wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:29 am

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am ...I got this feeling sometime, that some players would prefer to have a free shop, with insta max character max gear instead of really playing (remember BO ticks?).
Yaliskah wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am Gear. I'm surprised no one pointed that. In the end it goes faster to complete a full invader set than a Vanquisher one or a Conqueror. Probably no one noticed. Mmm. I don't even speak about lowbies starting to collect this set even they are still in devastator. Point is, this part of the process has not been addressed yet....
Yaliskah wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:52 am ...i have the feeling [...], there is a very hypocritical behavior about the way the game is played...[/u][/b].
What a surprise.
i didnt understand what lowbies farm invader gear? if gold back give gear based on your level 40/41 is for conq , anni is 34/34 , devcas is 26/26 and so on. is fort bags diferent? no mater what level of rr i have i farm from fort invader gear? brilliant.
p.s anni shoud be 26/26/27/28/29/30 rr level and debastator shoud be 35, 35/36/37/38/39 rr level(because of gear strenght devastator procs is stronger than anni flat stats) . and u should get gear based on your rr level not pve level. than i believe gms care about lowbies.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

normanis

Post#45 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:37 am

from gold bags
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#46 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:03 am

kauyon1 wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:45 pm
Natherul wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:15 pm
heybaws wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:30 pm

Instead of punish people for zerging, you want to encourage underdogs to afk in warcamp/lordroom?
How about blocking goldbags drop in situation like yesterday fort? Or setting wounds debuff for outnumbering faction? Or both? People that defending fort in 220 versus 70 dont deserve a single invader token, yet currently they just farm atleast 3 forts every day like that.
I can look at it from another angle as well. It was clear at the moment that particular fort happened that order would have no chance. Destro was occupied trying to push KV into stonewatch and order went and took CW into Maw. IF I punish anyone at all should it not be order then for doing this when it was clear what the outcome would be? And to answer that question if anyone wonders no, I do not intend to punish anyone. This is a fact thats going to happen as long as forts are open for all and dont have caps. If you push a fort because the other realm is trying to push elsewhere then expect to get stomped when they come for defense if they outnumber you.

EDIT: also note that we have a goal of wanting most fort defenses to be successful as the idea for when city sieges are eventually added that they will NOT be a daily occurrence.
What happened to using contribution? That was at least something to stop the cross-realming.

If it was outnumbered from the start as you say, fine. But I don't think that's happening. The population go way out of wack as soon as that fort opens.
You mean what we are doing? there is contrib for forts.... Only thing thats happening is that if a total domination happens then the base contrib needed to get anything gets lifted as to not totally negate someone who got stomped.

wonshot

Post#47 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:10 am

As with any RoR system I mainly have an issue with them, when PvP is the victum. People logging onto a winning side, either attackers or defenders, to make an uneven ballance in terms of AAO and not being able to fight.

Wether or not if its because the defenders got enough critical mass to hold 3 outer doors, or the attackers being so many that the defenders cant cap a single flag. PvP is the victum, so **** the rewards, gear and renown.

if we cant fight, then what is the point of playing.
Solution: 30min lockout timer on swapping realm so you are locked to playing that realm for 30mins. and reduse fort stage1 timer to 7minut of preparation time. That would be a step in the right direction atleast for population, then funnels are maybe easier to grasp how to tacle either as players or developers.

But right now forts give a good fight in like 1/15 active fortszones.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Direbloodykiller

Post#48 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:15 pm

wonshot wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:10 am As with any RoR system I mainly have an issue with them, when PvP is the victum. People logging onto a winning side, either attackers or defenders, to make an uneven ballance in terms of AAO and not being able to fight.

Wether or not if its because the defenders got enough critical mass to hold 3 outer doors, or the attackers being so many that the defenders cant cap a single flag. PvP is the victum, so **** the rewards, gear and renown.

if we cant fight, then what is the point of playing.
Solution: 30min lockout timer on swapping realm so you are locked to playing that realm for 30mins. and reduse fort stage1 timer to 7minut of preparation time. That would be a step in the right direction atleast for population, then funnels are maybe easier to grasp how to tacle either as players or developers.

But right now forts give a good fight in like 1/15 active fortszones.
And the double account users? Despite Mordreads illusions and fake news about that there is no xrealms and absolutly no double account users, the truth is the totaly opposite - all xrealmers probably got double accounts.

Ads
Alfa1986

Post#49 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:06 am

as for x realming. one of the possible reasons why people change side on more populated is that some people publish the number of people in this zone on each side in general chat. people see that they are in the minority and are rerolling to a more populated side. suggestion :
to make impossible to see the real number of people in this zone on each side, and you can see only total number of players.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

carlos

Post#50 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:07 am

Alfa1986 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:06 am as for x realming. one of the possible reasons why people change side on more populated is that some people publish the number of people in this zone on each side in general chat. people see that they are in the minority and are rerolling to a more populated side. suggestion :
to make impossible to see the real number of people in this zone on each side, and you can see only total number of players.
So your suggestion is to remove one of the major tools the underdog have to fight/dodge the big zerg blob?
Starfkr