Recent Topics

Ads

New Forts System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Alfa1986

Re: New Forts System

Post#21 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:11 pm

I think with this system the Stage 1 is not too long and not too short, people mainly after a long game to block the previous zone, need to smoke or make a cap of tea/coffee, or bio, etc. there should be a break.

PS
one else a crazy idea, and why should you give, if there are more defenders than attackers, to the attackers using the aoe cannons in fort? let it be very expensive, cost like an example of a 50 vanq meds or 500 golds. if there are 15% more defenders, then attackers can have only 1 such cannon, if 30% more defenders, then two, etc. dosent matter ,can be discussed.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#22 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:16 pm

Rubius wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:36 pm

The numbers are just a normal part of the game. If you're outnumbered, recruit friends. Lead groups. Organize warbands. Rally guilds together. At no point in history did any attacking army stop invading a country because the defenders cried about it not being even numbers. WAR is the same. We either fight hard to rally more people, come up with a strategy to defeat greater numbers, or we die trying. Victory isn't free in these cases, but it's always possible with enough effort.

:roll:

It's a game, dude. Not WW2. It's more like playing a sport and the other team randomly has 2x+ more players on the field.

That said, the games mechanics are supposed to be fun and engaging. They currently are not.

courtsdad1

Post#23 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:50 pm

Say what you like about the changes but last nights ( almost exactly 24 hours ago) Destro defended fort was a thing of absolute, coordinated beauty. Order was out coordinated plane and simple. Numbers were pretty even the whole time but Destro simply communicated, WB members stuck together and LISTENED. It brought a tear to this old grunts eye.

My WB leader ( a Chosen of course) "moved to the sound of the guns" and when he said "jump from the wall in 5 and flank them, well, frankly it was epic.

My heart may be order but give me good communication, coordination and tactical sense any day of the week.

Working together > fort mechanics.

wpc56
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:44 am

Just give it time. When city comes out people will treat fort like they currently treat last zone before fort. Let the otherside win so you can get next tier of medals.

Fort design discussion is as bi-polar as B-exit or Dem vs Republican... you ain't gonna win anybody over. You can only work with what motivates the players...

Having said that it's healthier to have other games you can play when you are not enjoying yourself...

normanis

Post#25 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:08 am

courtsdad1 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:50 pm Say what you like about the changes but last nights ( almost exactly 24 hours ago) Destro defended fort was a thing of absolute, coordinated beauty. Order was out coordinated plane and simple. Numbers were pretty even the whole time but Destro simply communicated, WB members stuck together and LISTENED. It brought a tear to this old grunts eye.

My WB leader ( a Chosen of course) "moved to the sound of the guns" and when he said "jump from the wall in 5 and flank them, well, frankly it was epic.

My heart may be order but give me good communication, coordination and tactical sense any day of the week.

yes its absoloutly numbers where equeal 244 destro defenders vs 78 order attackers. i didnt knowed order so op :D
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

rrrutsss

Post#26 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 am

normanis wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:08 am
courtsdad1 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:50 pm Say what you like about the changes but last nights ( almost exactly 24 hours ago) Destro defended fort was a thing of absolute, coordinated beauty. Order was out coordinated plane and simple. Numbers were pretty even the whole time but Destro simply communicated, WB members stuck together and LISTENED. It brought a tear to this old grunts eye.

yes its absoloutly numbers where equeal 244 destro defenders vs 78 order attackers. i didnt knowed order so op :D
You are talking about fort 12 hours ago hes talking about 24.
And what you are talking about at start it was around 200 vs 140. Then at the end it was your numbers. Alot of order gave up and went to KV to attack destro keep

Ravai

Post#27 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:07 am

Have not read the rest of the thread so if there are repetitions here I apologise, few suggestions though, have really enjoyed the new forts since the cap removal but there is always room for improvement!

- Cut stage 1 time by half at least, I understand its there to form groups and give players time to reach the fort, with war report now working it doesn't take 15 mins.

- Don't understand contribution, its either bugged? Or picks names out of a hat every time, have done all aspects and still have done many forts recently receiving 0 medals even when defending/attacking flags and plenty of kills.

- Maybe its now time to introduce invader medals as drops in fort zones exclusively?

- Open up the postern doors,being funneled is probably the most frustrating thing in this game, as an attacker you cannot do anything 9/10 times, fish in a barrel. Add more ways to access the inside so the server can enjoy the huge pvp battles we've experienced as of the cap removal! been great. Its been proven now that 150+ defenders can easily hold 3 gates with funnels (has made stale far too many forts recently) and this goes without saying with how easily it is for 150 people to hold one gate!
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor

normanis

Post#28 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:41 am

rrrutsss wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:41 am
normanis wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:08 am

You are talking about fort 12 hours ago hes talking about 24.
And what you are talking about at start it was around 200 vs 140. Then at the end it was your numbers. Alot of order gave up and went to KV to attack destro keep
i was joking hahaha. :D . order go lock kv atleast got 1 medal of intruder. while stay in maw they mostly was camped in spawnpoint
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Arkilane

Post#29 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:58 am

Hello, yesterday Tuesday, November 19, 2019 I watched helplessly fortress to Chaos waste, a part completely unbalance 200 destruction for 70 order, it's scary especially when we say that the order was attacking, the destruction lets take the area previous to be able to recover the tokens and rename it, the game allows it ok.
After this debacle and its attempt to participate the gain for the order 0 renamed and 0 tokens,
So the balance or the interest of participating when the population gap is so important to do as everyone else and make the fortress of the dominant side.
But the solution can not be that! We are on a game and the principle is to have fun, and so find a way to balance the forces involved (all leaving open access to all).
The idea is to ensure that even in sub numbers it is possible to participate and be rewarded.
The principle would be rather simple, rewarded the participation by the population, example if 70 person attacks the defender will have 70-36 is 34 player rewarded the difference serving favored the attack. What I mean by reward is the gain of renaming and the taking of token at the end of fortress.
If I resume the example of Tuesday, November 19 only 36 destruction would have received the rename and the token, which would force to balance the masses against currently 200 destruction reward against 0 of the order. This idea for me is valid for the fortresses but not for the open areas. It simply allows to regulate the populations by the player themselves. The method of calculation can be different by taking a percentage of difference for example 15% or other.

Ashaele - Sword master

rrrutsss

Post#30 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:04 am

Arkilane wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:58 am Hello, yesterday Tuesday, November 19, 2019 I watched helplessly fortress to Chaos waste, a part completely unbalance 200 destruction for 70 order, it's scary especially when we say that the order was attacking, the destruction lets take the area previous to be able to recover the tokens and rename it, the game allows it ok.
After this debacle and its attempt to participate the gain for the order 0 renamed and 0 tokens,
So the balance or the interest of participating when the population gap is so important to do as everyone else and make the fortress of the dominant side.
But the solution can not be that! We are on a game and the principle is to have fun, and so find a way to balance the forces involved (all leaving open access to all).
The idea is to ensure that even in sub numbers it is possible to participate and be rewarded.
The principle would be rather simple, rewarded the participation by the population, example if 70 person attacks the defender will have 70-36 is 34 player rewarded the difference serving favored the attack. What I mean by reward is the gain of renaming and the taking of token at the end of fortress.
If I resume the example of Tuesday, November 19 only 36 destruction would have received the rename and the token, which would force to balance the masses against currently 200 destruction reward against 0 of the order. This idea for me is valid for the fortresses but not for the open areas. It simply allows to regulate the populations by the player themselves. The method of calculation can be different by taking a percentage of difference for example 15% or other.

Ashaele - Sword master
Well i dont really understand why order went to take chaos waste when there was more destro logged on then order. Destro was in kv and as soon as order started sieging CW all destro players agreed to put KV fort push on hold and let order take CW. So we could all come and kill orders on fort defence.