Recent Topics

Ads

New Forts System

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ysaran

New Forts System

Post#1 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:20 pm

i think that to let everyone to enter fort is a step in the right direction, in fact help ppl to obtain exp/rr/gear faster and get rid of dead time. i think that everyone remember when there was just one zone open and if fort was going on then you were cut out from the fun. but as all the change even this change have some downside and in this case the problem is one: overpopulation. let's see the consequences of this phenomenon:

1) space
the map isn't designed to contain all those ppl. if one side outnumber the other one then the one in the minority just doesn't have enough space to move around without beeing zerged.

2) contribution
if the attackers outumber the defenders for more than 20% then defenders just cant get enough flag to stop doors from decaying and are pushed immediatly to stage 3 where defenders get completelly annhiliated by the huge amount of attacker. this mean no contribution for most of defenders, which means that the fort was a waste of time, which means that ppl arent happy.
the situation is worsened by the fact that kills in 2nd stage doesnt gives contribution. many time attackers are so many that defenders can even funnel in 3rd stage, this have no sense at all. why someone should defend a fort 40 against 100 if know that wont get any rewards? no exp, no rr, gear, no meds. i get that if you lose you shouldn't get as much rewards as the winners but you still have to give ppl a reason to fight at least.
conversely if defenders are the same number of attackers then attacker cant even end 2nd stage.

3) win condition
i seen many times happen that attackers couldn't finish 2nd stage. there should be a win condition for defenders that make end fort on 2nd stage. if attackers give up fort should end. if doors are 100% and forts is going to end in 10 minuts just stop it immediatly, attackers have no chances at this point. if defenders possess all the flag for 20 minutes let them win, attacker will not have enough time to get flag back, break doors and kill the lord.

4) lord hp
if attackers largelly outnumbers defenders lord die too quickly. today in Stonewatch lord died as soon we respawned in jail. respawn lasted 20 seconds, we couldent even try to get lord room back becuase as soon we respawned we were teleported to altdorf.

i think that a solution may be to open many different instanced forts and in everyone put a cap on the player. so everyone can stil join but pop are always balanced as was before the no cap change
Zputadenti

Ads
normanis

Re: New Forts System

Post#2 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:33 pm

i can only agree with this thread.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

navis

Post#3 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:02 pm

Letting everyone in seems like the right way to go. Yep there are things to tweak or rethink as we move forward.
One thing to note that is that fortresses have been active even during low population times. Last night population was less than 250 but we had a great fortress (stonewatch).

I like how the flags are arranged inside the walls it allows for a decent fight area.

navis

Post#4 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:33 am

Please shorten the first phase to 7 min (half) might be better. Waiting too long is too boring, any players that are serious to play rvr and a campaign would should be ready to go in 7 min. Time enough for quick break. No need to split up into instance warbands anymore.
cheers

madmalky2014
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:36 am

I like how also the destro think its fantastic its bloody dreadful if youre order. Won 2 forts in almosts 20 runs not because we are rubbish but outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 which make fort a joke. Dont sing its praises when the zerg is in control i want this system tested with equal stupid blobbing destro and massively outnumbered alll the time. We need a lockout to prevent the constant xrealming destruction of the game if you are on the wrong side. I dont blame destro for this but order players who were mainstays some really big names have turned there back on thier own to get a quick invader toon on destro. Shame on you.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:02 am

madmalky2014 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:36 am I like how also the destro think its fantastic its bloody dreadful if youre order. Won 2 forts in almosts 20 runs not because we are rubbish but outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 which make fort a joke. Dont sing its praises when the zerg is in control i want this system tested with equal stupid blobbing destro and massively outnumbered alll the time. We need a lockout to prevent the constant xrealming destruction of the game if you are on the wrong side. I dont blame destro for this but order players who were mainstays some really big names have turned there back on thier own to get a quick invader toon on destro. Shame on you.
Two months ago order was zerging forts. We got ours, now it is destro's turn.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

normanis

Post#7 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 am

drmordread wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:02 am
madmalky2014 wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:36 am I like how also the destro think its fantastic its bloody dreadful if youre order. Won 2 forts in almosts 20 runs not because we are rubbish but outnumbered 2 or 3 to 1 which make fort a joke. Dont sing its praises when the zerg is in control i want this system tested with equal stupid blobbing destro and massively outnumbered alll the time. We need a lockout to prevent the constant xrealming destruction of the game if you are on the wrong side. I dont blame destro for this but order players who were mainstays some really big names have turned there back on thier own to get a quick invader toon on destro. Shame on you.
two month ago defenders atleast got 4 medals. now defenders got nothing = 0 . now only attacking side got endgame gear. ppl xrealm to attacking side.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Alfa1986

Post#8 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:40 am

normanis wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 am
two month ago defenders atleast got 4 medals. now defenders got nothing = 0 . now only attacking side got endgame gear. ppl xrealm to attacking side.
Why that? at the last fort, as defenders, we received 4 meds, and it happened already on an open fort.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Ads
wachlarz

Post#9 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:19 am

normanis wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:59 am
Two time def keep. In small party. Order cant take bo. All time 4 medalions. Check inv for medalions not the roll. And if order push to fort i tkink they are more/ better org so stop talk about zerg. Xrealming its myth. Just if one side push in time when most Eu ppl log in to play, U have a telling of xrealming

Miszczu5647

Post#10 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:28 am

Yesterday Caledor shows new trend. I was on destro. Monitoring numbers very closely. Order had ~170 players all the times. Destro had AAO between 80% to 20%.
Im fortress order still had ~ 170 players. But destro over 200. And they win by share numbers.

People want theirs stuff in easiest way. For now easiest means afk on capitol and jump when fortress begin to collect 4 medals.
Srul - Shaman
Sruula - Witch Elf
Jurwulf Srulson - Chosen