Recent Topics

Ads

Logrin's Forge feedback

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
NSKaneda

Re: Logrin's Forge feedback

Post#11 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:41 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am Why do you die to the explosion if it's announced?
7 times out of 10 it's because someone puts a dot on you thus making re-capturing the flag impossible. One-two tries to get the flag and whole group dies.

2 times out of 10 it's because it's faster to die and rush mid than avoid explosion or try to outrun it in mid corridors.

1 out of 10 is when someone retakes a BO ninja style but that almost never happens (maybe even 1 out of 20) ;)

-
-

Capturing all three BOs is quite easy in premade vs pug scenarios, seen it happen a lot yesterday when one side dominated.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#12 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:14 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:41 am
adapter wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:52 am My feedback and critic about the Rework, is that the Explosion killed me and other players a lot, which in itself is a fun thing, but I feel it's too much, so my suggestion is to reduce the Radius of Explosion and maybe make it so that the only BO that explodes is the one in the middle. The Rework is really good, i think it just need some tweaking.

Why do you die to the explosion if it's announced?
I died to it because of fighting situations where I got snared, knockdown, punted, rooted, etc, the map is not that big as explosions are, so most of the times i did timed it almost right and unlucky me got killed just by the edge of the explosion, i know i need to get used to time the explosions and be alert to it. It's new, that's why im having a difficult time managing the capping and interrupting of BOs, im sure that by adaptation we will get used to it. Thus my suggestion is to reduce the Damage of Explosion just a little bit to not die but survive with let say a bit of Health Points (5% to 20%) this may result in survivors fighting with that little HP left. So either i choose to fight or run away, it could result in a variety of situations.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Hargrim
Developer

Post#13 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:40 pm

Explosion is supposed to kill you, so it won't be changed for now. The range / timers might get adjusted.

adapter
Suspended

Post#14 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:25 pm

Hargrim wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:40 pm Explosion is supposed to kill you, so it won't be changed for now. The range / timers might get adjusted.
Sounds good to me, thanks!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Sulorie

Post#15 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:54 pm

What I dislike is fighting for a flag, someone caps it and then all fights have to stop in order to run for your life.

Similar to twisted towers, where you cap objective and explosion kills your whole team(you get teleported away). Here you got a bit more time but nevertheless, those interrupts make me want to avoid capping objective at all and curse everyone who does. :^)
Dying is no option.

Ashoris

Post#16 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:01 am

i have several issues with the Scenario, why some of them are related to my personal preferences there are other i would call design flaws.

put aside my personal preferences
(forces your grp to split up, mechanic avoids fights ...)

From a solo/ pug perspective it is just too complicated to rewin after you lost the first time (and probably died). You do not have enough time to prevent the 2nd tap 90% of the time (if you try you will die again and again :) )

The only chance is to wait a 2nd rotation and start over in a very coordinated way (and thats a coordination 90% of the PuG Players not able to). The short timer between taps in regards to the "Respawn timer" is something that i would call a "design flaw", that probably can be fixed easily.
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Eweon

Post#17 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:05 am

Blacklists now. New mechanic is a nice try and for me - it is failed.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#18 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:22 am

Eweon wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:05 am Blacklists now. New mechanic is a nice try and for me - it is failed.

I hope you will enjoy more of our reworks.

Ads
Hargrim
Developer

Post#19 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:24 am

Changes that will be implemented after next patch:

1) Lock happen after 30 seconds instead of 15 seconds
2) Explosion happen 5 seconds after lock instead of 1 second (time to run away)
3) However, capping mid as first flag for your realm will still explode it after 15 seconds and 1 second lock.
4) Speed buff duration is reduced to 10s and will also applied on lock of outer BOs (but not the middle one).

However, feel free to comment on them and suggest other changes.

Jinxypie

Post#20 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:37 am

Interesting design, but very narrow time for pvp if any. Feels like you are just running away from bombs 90% of time.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+