Recent Topics

Ads

Blast' pots making the game drop frames

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

In this section you can give feedback and share your opinions on what should be changed for the Return of Reckoning Project. Before posting please make sure you read the Rules and Posting Guidelines to increase the efficiency of this forum.
Deadkiller

Re: Blast' pots making the game drop frames

Post#11 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:31 pm

well im a destro only player but i like seventh guild, they do well and never cries except one **** part, and this part is you bombling, everytime you write a huge textwall to describe whats going wrong etc, you say that we need balance between realms, but sadly everytime you cry you just wona order buff what dosnt seems balanced tbh. you said aoe cap patch favours destro, well true in some point. But you still forget order need few classes to get all what they need. and destro have to choose what they took cuz an other utlility is lost then, thats no problem for order cuz they get all with few classes! So where is the balance now? we all know aoe cap test favours order bomb wbs and its a buff for your realm cuz our bomb is far away from orders balance wise, and thats no mimimi its just fact! Sure now aoe hits 24 targets so order dont need the pots anymore cuz of the HUGE potential from bw. In my opinion last patch goes to right direction but it really needs finetuning specially for morals, cc and bws huge potentiall, and thats fact in my opinion. On the other hand in my eyes rvr is just boring after patch cuz fights are just to fast over, its just 1 or 2 button smashing ,wow lot of skill is needed for it. For me its just brain afking and not enoyable tbh but thats other story.
i guess your guild want balance between factions and proper fights. i guess bombling is the exception, a lot of cry for nothing...

greetz deadkiller

Art of War best destro guild ( Toxic wise xD )

Ads
wonshot

Post#12 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:14 pm

This topic has nothing to do with me as a person, if you like or dislike me, and this is not a change that honestly will effect one realm more than the other.

Its simply a matter of some little potions that seem harmless when you look at them isolated, but when 24+ people on both sides throw them around you get massive framedrops. Could the players then just stop useing them, sure but look at the anti zerg agreement topic. all it takes it one person from one side to throw a pot, and its all back to coordinated blast potion throwing.

As for them not stacking. I tested it and got proved wrong! I am standing by this, but there seem to be more to this and we will try to test it further, because at no point have i ever heard someone call out "hey my blast potions on the assisted target is not dealing damage" when we throw ours out.

As for if people throw them out for damage or for lag, we have heard from SEVERAL ex organized warband members that these are thrown out for the lag. so yeah
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Acidic

Post#13 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:14 pm This topic has nothing to do with me as a person, if you like or dislike me, and this is not a change that honestly will effect one realm more than the other.

Its simply a matter of some little potions that seem harmless when you look at them isolated, but when 24+ people on both sides throw them around you get massive framedrops. Could the players then just stop useing them, sure but look at the anti zerg agreement topic. all it takes it one person from one side to throw a pot, and its all back to coordinated blast potion throwing.

As for them not stacking. I tested it and got proved wrong! I am standing by this, but there seem to be more to this and we will try to test it further, because at no point have i ever heard someone call out "hey my blast potions on the assisted target is not dealing damage" when we throw ours out.

As for if people throw them out for damage or for lag, we have heard from SEVERAL ex organized warband members that these are thrown out for the lag. so yeah
This is defiantly you and your perspective. If it’s not why post!
And you standard perspective is what was questioned

wonshot

Post#14 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:41 pm

Acidic wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 pm
Why post? Because people are getting their game experience ruined due to cheesy pots, and not just me but also the people I fight against. And that is terrible.

Saw the clip i linked of Claustro? That was me throwing the danm potion on him, I recognized the exact timing and saw his stream performance go to ****.

So had I asked a guildie to post the exact same, you would had had an easier time understanding that this is an issue that kills performance, and it should be adressed? :roll:
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Acidic

Post#15 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:40 pm

wonshot wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:41 pm
Acidic wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:18 pm
Why post? Because people are getting their game experience ruined due to cheesy pots, and not just me but also the people I fight against. And that is terrible.

Saw the clip i linked of Claustro? That was me throwing the danm potion on him, I recognized the exact timing and saw his stream performance go to ****.

So had I asked a guildie to post the exact same, you would had had an easier time understanding that this is an issue that kills performance, and it should be adressed? :roll:
Lots of cheese about and main issue causing problems is hit cap going to 24, this is probably you base problem . Blast pots have absolutely no effect on my game experience and so ..
But base point was to say this is your opinion that it negatively affect your game experience and from your standard post history this is probably because u died to the pots rather than anything else.
Your post history is very directed to getting benefits for bomb warbands of which blast pots are a bigger problem for as you blob and move relatively slowly

wonshot

Post#16 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:51 pm

madrocks wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:04 am Blast potions don’t go through walls.
Blast potions are good.
https://clips.twitch.tv/TenaciousFaintP ... BloodTrail

I accept I was wrong on blast potions stacking, however the lag might still persist from the mass effect when 10+ people throw them at you. and this is my main concirn.

wonshot

Post#17 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:58 pm

Acidic wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:40 pm
Lots of cheese about and main issue causing problems is hit cap going to 24, this is probably you base problem . Blast pots have absolutely no effect on my game experience and so ..
But base point was to say this is your opinion that it negatively affect your game experience and from your standard post history this is probably because u died to the pots rather than anything else.
Your post history is very directed to getting benefits for bomb warbands of which blast pots are a bigger problem for as you blob and move relatively slowly
Hello mr derail, are we speaking about having an agenda and taking it into severy topic we are getting involved in. How about checking your own post-history not just currently but a year back when you where whining over BW m2 in EVERY topic you got involved in.

Just like now, when you are taking the AoEcap increase into this conversation, simply because you are against it. :roll:

You assusing us of blobbing is cute, when PnP swapped their raid-night to directly match FMJ. But then again cant really talk about PnP because ive never seen a guild with such split personality, When Grunbe is leading its all about alliance and zones, and when Claustro is leading its for the fights. And you wonder why Order struggle to figure out your identity, when you are more confused than a teenager in his prime.

If I should had died to blast potions so be it, its cheesy, I accept nothing will ever be in perfect balance in an unmirrored game, and thats the charm to this MMO. But when people cant actually play their games (on both realms, mind you!) then I think something is wrong and we should atleast have a debate about it. But grats on being able to run on full settings all addons and record, I've always been jelly of that, but even your guildmates struggle when the blast-lag kicks in, and that... is a shame imo

Acidic

Post#18 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:29 pm

once again you identify a problem and chose solution that fits your goals.
My pc is not great, certainly I am a cheap git and so mostly it’s not top notch.
Suggest that you follow to the letter the performance thread, it’s super good and effective.
If we remove things due to “loud” people complaining then we would lose every skill’s graphic
Simple thing is ppl use addons that are not great for the game performance , don’t do what they can to fix it and typically try to adversely remove thing in thier interest.

(Edited remembered more)
As far as M2 on BW , yes main damage class having damage M2 means order wb diversity suffers this is the problem when too manny tools are stacked on one class.
But the truth is I trying my hardest to remove all damage morals from game, this would help remove cheese from the game

You also might be interested that the blast pot though wall is on bugtracker and including a video I posted of it, using it though walls is an exploit and not a wise thing to do even as a vid
Last edited by Acidic on Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
oaliaen

Post#19 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:44 pm

that wallhacking...lol

btw, now i know how did i die so many times inside keep..

Flavorburst

Post#20 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:19 am

Huh, I was wondering why my FPS was taking an absolute **** during big fights.

If that's the cause, then it seems to me that the aoe cap is really the problem. People have been using blasting pots in fights forever, it's only after the cap was raised that there is an issue.

If the aoe cap gets reverted, then this problem will solve itself, right?