Recent Topics

Ads

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adamthelc

Re: [Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#71 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:33 pm

Scenarios dont have to be fair, RvR doesnt have to be fair and even if their were some type of rating system (which this game couldnt support) it wouldnt always be fair.

Truly even fight have always been less frequent than fights that are not close. That's just the way it is. You enjoy even matches when they happen, dont try to manufacture them. It doesn't work and just ends up with unfun side effects.

How that specifically relates to this topic. Scenarios were never meant to be a guaranteed even match. What they have always aimed to do it put you in an instance with even numbers.

In the current state of the game, where zerging is widespread, scenarios are the one reprieve from that type of gameplay. If scenarios didnt exist I would not play this game. So if you think about that for a second maybe you can understand why people are so vehemently opposed to this idea. You are basically asking for the corruption that has ruined one part of the game to spread to and ruin the last good part.

Scenarios dont have to be fair. If you dont want to try and form a good group and are unable to cope with sometimes having bad losses, then maybe scenarios arent for you.

You either have to try and win or be ok with losing. Its ridiculous to expect to not try as hard as other people, but still have as good a shot at winning as them.

Just to clarify my perspective, 98% of the time I pug. When I lost I am ok with it. I dont expect to compete with people who are doing all the things you SHOULD be doing, if you really want to win, when I am not.

Ads
DokB

Post#72 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:55 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:47 pm
DokB wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am Just stop dude, I am genuinely embarrassed for you.

It is your prerogative to be a pug not queue up in a group and there is nothing stopping you from grouping up. Therefore, the consequences are back on you. Why should a premade group have to fight versus imbalanced team numbers in a scenario just because you don’t like how they are grouped up and you aren’t? It’s a team game and to suggest that having the bare semblance of a group with a guard/healer is getting carried and to go even further by saying even numbers in a scenario is somehow a way to protect premades is beyond a joke. Seems like you are the one who needs to L2P here.

I refer you to my previous advice of never posting again to save yourself further embarrassment.
Reading comprehension, it is good, lets get over it again.

Needing a premade and equal numbers to be able to fight= bad.

Being able to fight without premade, and deal with superior numbers instead of whining about for 7 pages= good.

Whining about "premade group have to fight versus imbalanced team numbers", when back in a day the good premades were specifically fighting in lakes vs superior numbers, since it is where the actual challenge is= very bad, the kind of the thing personally I would be ashamed to post over public forums. But I guess we are back at "the absolute state of RoR 2019".

Simple enough this time? If not, plz tell me, I will make an effort to simplify it for you even more.

I don’t think you could miss the point more even if you tried. It is honestly becoming tiresome to refute the bullshit you are coming up with. Get help m8.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#73 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:47 am

right, lets stop with the attacks on eachother. If you dont like the idea suggested then please say why its a bad idea. Comments about the person in question or their intellect will (and should not) not be tolerated.

Zxul

Post#74 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:59 pm

Anyway while it was amusing so far (DokB honestly specially thanks for a great fun, forums hadn't been this entertaining for a long while), to get back to original point- there are two possible reasons why to join scenarios- for an interesting fight, or to farm emblems/renown.

Now the devs specifically said no to the farming (because being chain killed with no real ability to fight back really doesn't helps the server population- the server is made mostly of pug players, not too mention that it also leads to good premades lvling likely much faster than intended), which leaves the interesting fight part.

The average pug player, with quite likely an unoptimized build, and no real cooperation, isn't going to offer any sort of interesting fight for any semi decent premade when speaking equal numbers (and from other hand being stomped doesn't tends to make scenarios interesting for pug). So personally, I see no way to make the fights interesting for all involved, besides balancing equipment/skills with numbers. Think of it this way, if a premade (+6 pug) is fighting vs 24 pug, without any side triggering domination, than it is likely that the sides are actually balanced practically speaking.

For that matter, keep this out of 6v6 scenarios- if you want an equal numbers fight vs other premade, just join those.

People, from personal experience solo roaming- running into solo whoever, and doting him to death without him being able to do anything back, was amusing but never really entertaining. From other hand, running into several random order, resulting in a long 1vs several fight, was always fun.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

kuj0jotar0

Post#75 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:50 am

Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 am
GpuSW wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:40 am
Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:58 am

Not really, I'll be clearer:

Right now we have one premade, one pug, everything else is unregulated. I'm suggesting one premade, everything else pug.
The issues come from pug vs premade on the unregulated scenarios.
and what if there are no prems queuing on opposite side? no pops at all? xD

amazing suggestion! such wow
Then that means it's not premade time. You deal with it, just like everybody else.

What a stupid way of thinking, what about ppl playing in 3/4/5 men party? No scs for them at all?