Recent Topics

Ads

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Austherus

Re: [Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#51 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:47 am
Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 am
Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:12 am
So if pug get steamrolled by premades and stop queing is bad, but if pramedes get no SC pop and log out is ok?
Yes, and I'm pretty sure you can find out all the reasons for that without me having to explain them.
When I read this BS I really think that non-pug SC should be only for party. This is a game and everyone willing to play should be able to do so. To propose to implement a solution that will stop ppl to play is just crazy. If you get tired of SC you can always go RvR but if you play only for SC to log out shouldn't be the solution.
Really? You can't find anything wrong with your reasoning?

Ads
Ysaran

Post#52 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:05 am

Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 am
Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 am

Yes, and I'm pretty sure you can find out all the reasons for that without me having to explain them.
When I read this BS I really think that non-pug SC should be only for party. This is a game and everyone willing to play should be able to do so. To propose to implement a solution that will stop ppl to play is just crazy. If you get tired of SC you can always go RvR but if you play only for SC to log out shouldn't be the solution.
Nope, enlighten me. I may be wrong.
Zputadenti

Austherus

Post#53 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:35 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:05 am
Read what you wrote again, I'm not going to copy every sentence and reply to each one:

- Everyone is able to play this game, they just have to deal with the realities of it, something pugs know very well.

- It will not stop people from playing it, pugs are the proof of it. And if it did make people stop playing, the majority shouldn't be the ones leaving.

- Pugs are the majority, premades are the minority. You want the experience of the majority to keep being ruined so that the minority doesn't have to wait longer on a queue.

- You tell pugs to go do something else while shielding premades from it because "they only play for scenarios". That is a choice you are taking away from pugs just because they are pugs.

There's more, but I'm tired. Don't be so angry and scared, this is just a forum for a dead MMO. Judging by how this server is ran, I'm pretty sure the devs understand the game far better than you and me, so trust them a little. They'll do what is best for everyone.

Ysaran

Post#54 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:02 am

Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:35 am

Read what you wrote again, I'm not going to copy every sentence and reply to each one:

- Everyone is able to play this game, they just have to deal with the realities of it, something pugs know very well.

- It will not stop people from playing it, pugs are the proof of it. And if it did make people stop playing, the majority shouldn't be the ones leaving.

- Pugs are the majority, premades are the minority. You want the experience of the majority to keep being ruined so that the minority doesn't have to wait longer on a queue.

- You tell pugs to go do something else while shielding premades from it because "they only play for scenarios". That is a choice you are taking away from pugs just because they are pugs.

There's more, but I'm tired. Don't be so angry and scared, this is just a forum for a dead MMO. Judging by how this server is ran, I'm pretty sure the devs understand the game far better than you and me, so trust them a little. They'll do what is best for everyone.
Listen, I get your point ok? No one like to be steamrolled. And yes, premades are minority that's also true. But why do you want them to leave the game? Domination and ban already lowered a lot the number and other already left for other reasons, why do you want to kill this niche?

On the final part I agree with you, we should trust the Devs, but I would say that they dont agree with you. If majority of SC are premades hunt territory maybe Devs dont care much about pugs in SC...

Now I need to understand one thing: I always try to form a group with my guildies/friends and some pugs in /5. Am I part of a premades?
If I'm a duo or trio, am I a premades? What's is a premades in your opinion?
Zputadenti

Arbich
Suspended

Post#55 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:08 am

Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:35 am - Pugs are the majority, premades are the minority. You want the experience of the majority to keep being ruined so that the minority doesn't have to wait longer on a queue.
Thats disputable.
What you didn't say: With your proposal you deny every 5men group any scenario at all. Depending on how you handle the premade sc, you may also exclude every 3men and 4men from any scenario.

Do you really hold up your claim, that the majority of people on this server play solo and dont join groups/wbs? What timezone are you playing?
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Sulorie

Post#56 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:13 am

The only thing, what is ruining the experience of you and your teammates, is poor play. Don't blame other players for your failure.
Dying is no option.

DokB

Post#57 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:09 am

Zxul wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 pm
DokB wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:54 am Alright, so putting aside that cherry picked group setup and the fact a full 6man premade can’t be put against 6 random pugs (since that would then be the pug scenario which premades larger than 2 cannot get into).
What do you suppose happens when your reinforcements arrive and its your own realms full 6 man in voice comms and in full invader? 6v12 is suddenly okay now that you’re winning right? Using this sort of anecdotal evidence as an argument is ridiculous by the way, so I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.
6man + 6 randoms vs 12 randoms, the usual.

And did you see me suggesting domination only working for one side?

It doesn’t matter if domination works for both sides. Your premise falls flat when it comes down to the fact that one side will be punished for dominating by getting outnumbered. How would the numbers then be evened out between the teams? You surely can’t be suggesting one side has to fight a realm that outnumbers them until they themselves get dominated and get their own reinforcements?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

GpuSW

Post#58 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 am

so u see nothing wrong with killing off group play in a group mmo just to appease salty manlets like yourself who can't even figure out how to turn on their monitors let alone play their class properly?

lelz. never go full cuck, señor!

Ads
Foltestik

Post#59 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:14 am

this server is changing more and more to pug heaven and for same people it isnt still enough

Austherus

Post#60 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 am

GpuSW wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 am
so u see nothing wrong with killing off group play in a group mmo just to appease salty manlets like yourself who can't even figure out how to turn on their monitors let alone play their class properly?

lelz. never go full cuck, señor!
Other than a collection of insults and fallacies, you delivered nothing. Please refrain from having an opinion if you can't brain.

And people wonder why so many get banned in this.