Recent Topics

Ads

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Thickfreak

Re: [Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#31 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:42 pm

ANNI BIS for some classes. AHAHAHAHAHA jesus christ. No wonder you rely on superior numbers and not your own skill to win anything in this game. Thanks for the laugh my dude.

Ads
Zxul

Post#32 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:04 pm

Thickfreak wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:42 pm ANNI BIS for some classes. AHAHAHAHAHA jesus christ. No wonder you rely on superior numbers and not your own skill to win anything in this game. Thanks for the laugh my dude.
Ahh well, amuse me again. After playing tank spec magus for quite a bit on live in t4, as well as here, currently as far as I'm aware there is nothing with a better mods for the spec then annih for head+chest slots, for toughness set bonus+less % to be disrupted on head + regen on body, making annih bis on tank magus for those slots.

But of cause, since you are obviously know much more about the spec and the game than me, amuse me, explain which set you would replace those with, and why those would be better. Including exact mods and numbers which make those better for the spec than 53 toughness set mod + 2% less to be disrupted + 60 regen. I'm waiting, I want to learn new things about the game today.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Thickfreak

Post#33 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Neutrino and Laroiia are laughing their asses off right now.

Zxul

Post#34 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Thickfreak wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:39 pm Neutrino and Laroiia are laughing their asses off right now.
Of cause of cause, now plz explain why. In details, I'm interested.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Chimmny
Suspended

Post#35 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Thickfreak wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:39 pm Neutrino and Laroiia are laughing their asses off right now.
imagining citing 2 dogshit magus players in an effort to discredit someone
RIP RoR.

Chimmny
Suspended

Post#36 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:56 pm

QuestionsIntensify wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:45 pm
Chimmny wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:34 pm
imagining citing 2 dogshit magus players in an effort to discredit someone
My fellow forum-ban-evading c*nt ~ try to be a productive and constructive c*nt, instead of just a regular c*nt.

You are very passionate about the server - judging by your spree of posting grief fueled oneliners -, but the people you are lashing out against are passionate about it aswell.

Try and use the couple of posts you'll get in before Papa Wargrimnir cleans up, to actually get a point across.
If the case you make is convincing enough, you might set in motion change in spite of the case's disappearance, as some people borrow and others simply echo ~ some even adjust their opinion and do away with triabalism alltogether.

Rather be inquistive than confrontational; (reasonable) questions linger almost indefinitely... oneliners, memes and jabs incite a chuckle at best and heartfelt animosity at worst, but are easily discarded regardless.

In short: You want people to think about the problem and possible solutions (e.g.: whatever you came up with, but refused to post), not you the c*nt that's pointing it out.
That was an amazing read - one of the best books I have read in years. My favourite character was the c*nt, in particular I liked the part about the chuckling!

All in all I would give your book a solid 8/10 (lack of pictures makes it hard for me to visualise what the c*nt looks like).

I look forward to reading the next instalment in your 'The Triggering' franchise; truthfully, I've needed something to do while wiping my ass on the toilet.
RIP RoR.

Flavorburst

Post#37 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Zxul wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:04 pm
Thickfreak wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:42 pm ANNI BIS for some classes. AHAHAHAHAHA jesus christ. No wonder you rely on superior numbers and not your own skill to win anything in this game. Thanks for the laugh my dude.
Ahh well, amuse me again. After playing tank spec magus for quite a bit on live in t4, as well as here, currently as far as I'm aware there is nothing with a better mods for the spec then annih for head+chest slots, for toughness set bonus+less % to be disrupted on head + regen on body, making annih bis on tank magus for those slots.

But of cause, since you are obviously know much more about the spec and the game than me, amuse me, explain which set you would replace those with, and why those would be better. Including exact mods and numbers which make those better for the spec than 53 toughness set mod + 2% less to be disrupted + 60 regen. I'm waiting, I want to learn new things about the game today.
I've played "tank" magus for 70 rr and anni is garbage. I would rank Dom or even redeye better than anni.

You get more toughness overall in addition to a better set bonus toughness with Dom, more armor (both inherently and through the set bonus), you don't need the 2% strikethrough (since the raw int bonus from Dom makes up for it), and on it's own 60hp per 4 seconds is trash. You would need to stack it for there to be a noticeable difference, and you more or less can't with the innate stat loss you are undertaking by using a level 35 set (meaning you can't stack fleshrender rings since you need to recoup those losses).

Additionally, the sets 7% reduction to be crit allows you way more leeway on how you spend your RR, and an autodetaunt is far more useful than 1 point in demo (at 70 you have all the points you need).

I don't know if you are bad at magus or just bad at math, but please don't advise people to use anni. It's one of the dumbest pieces of advice I have ever heard.

Ysaran

Post#38 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:47 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 pm

I've played "tank" magus for 70 rr and anni is garbage. I would rank Dom or even redeye better than anni.

You get more toughness overall in addition to a better set bonus toughness with Dom, more armor (both inherently and through the set bonus), you don't need the 2% strikethrough (since the raw int bonus from Dom makes up for it), and on it's own 60hp per 4 seconds is trash. You would need to stack it for there to be a noticeable difference, and you more or less can't with the innate stat loss you are undertaking by using a level 35 set (meaning you can't stack fleshrender rings since you need to recoup those losses).

Additionally, the sets 7% reduction to be crit allows you way more leeway on how you spend your RR, and an autodetaunt is far more useful than 1 point in demo (at 70 you have all the points you need).

I don't know if you are bad at magus or just bad at math, but please don't advise people to use anni. It's one of the dumbest pieces of advice I have ever heard.
I'm not a Magus and I dont doubt your skill as player but I know how int/str scale with strikethrough and I can't get how an increase in int can give you more than +2% strikethrough. I mean: how much is the difference between the two sets? Can you mathematically prove what you says?
Zputadenti

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#39 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:42 pm

Ysaran wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:47 pm
Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 pm

I'm not a Magus and I dont doubt your skill as player but I know how int/str scale with strikethrough and I can't get how an increase in int can give you more than +2% strikethrough. I mean: how much is the difference between the two sets? Can you mathematically prove what you says?
It's only 14 or so extra int (32 if you count the belt, which you should because while you can wear the belt with anni, if you were to wear it with Dom, it would add a set bonus, which has a very high value). Perhaps I phrased that poorly, but I wasn't trying to imply ~14 int = 2% strikethrough.

What I meant was that the raw int (in addition to other stats) the set gives you allows you to free up more points to allocate elsewhere, which are all more important than 2% strikethrough since:

a) 2% strikethrough on it's own is fairly meaningless compared to the boosts you could be giving yourself with other stats/sets

b) strikethrough isn't that valuable on it's own on a "tank" magus since a majority of your damage is going to be coming from BoC and AOF, both of which are undefendable.

Austherus

Post#40 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 pm

Instead of having a single pug scenario, make it a single premade scenario that rotates every week.

Pugs are by far the majority, and premades are not really fighting other premades nor looking for skilled rivals, they are "farm mode" and we all know it. Calling out pugs to organize is a big old MMO joke that lost it's punchline a long time ago.