Recent Topics

Ads

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#1 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:34 pm

An idea which I had. Usually when you run into a problem you can't deal with by yourself you would call buddies- which can't happen in scs with artificial numbers limit. So how about, instead of domination ending the sc, have it open more slots for a loosing side?

Say in 12v12 sc, once the domination counter hits, instead of ending the sc, 6 more slots open for loosing side turning it into 12v18, and domination counter resets. If its not enough and they are still loosing, once the counter hits again more slots open and it turns into 12v24, and so on till it balances out.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Nameless

Re: [Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#2 » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:50 pm

So instead 12 ppl idle around wc and guards wr will have 18 or so. After the 1st wipe half of the ppl goes afk mode, new commers when see the result do the same or go into the bloodbath.
It wont wokrs as u imagine. It will be even more frustrating
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Zxul

Post#3 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:10 am

Nameless wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:50 pm So instead 12 ppl idle around wc and guards wr will have 18 or so. After the 1st wipe half of the ppl goes afk mode, new commers when see the result do the same or go into the bloodbath.
It wont wokrs as u imagine. It will be even more frustrating
People go afk though cause they know that if they got stomped hard enough, since nothing will change in the sc thats how that sc will continue. From other hand, if they know that reinforcements are on the way, and that if those ain't enough more will be on the way till eventually even an unorganized ruin pug will be able to fight a full invader premade on equal footing (and it will eventually happen, even if it takes 12vs48), they have motivation to fight back.

"Ya kill me you ****, 3 more deaths and we are having a full wb in here!"
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

DokB

Post#4 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:51 am

Brilliant idea 10/10.
I especially liked the part where it relies less on the skills of the player involved and more on the zerg aspect. Just what scenarios need to be honest.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

theg4tekeeper
Banned

Post#5 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:45 am

what a stupid suggestion

orillah
Suspended

Post#6 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:57 pm

I like the reasoning: if you cant deal with someone, call your "buddies" and roflstomp him/them with greater numbers. Just what sc's need, who was that dumb jerk thinking 6vs6 or 12vs12 is what people wanted?!!

toffikx

Post#7 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:10 pm

It’s not 1 April yet. Wait for it like the rest of us.

Zxul

Post#8 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:27 pm

DokB wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:51 am Brilliant idea 10/10.
I especially liked the part where it relies less on the skills of the player involved and more on the zerg aspect. Just what scenarios need to be honest.
Thanks, it was the kind of a brilliant idea I knew people will really appreciate the moment they hear it- when it hit me, I simply knew that this is exactly what the scenarios were missing all along.

For whoever replied here, RoR is currently balanced about pug, since it is the majority of players on server. Pug vs pug or premade vs premade this won't be triggered, premade stomping pug for a full duration won't be back- devs were clear about that. This from other hand will give pug a reason to keep playing the sc when facing a premade, and will give premade some actual challenge when facing pug (and if you were in premade for farming pug for renown, see the "devs said no" part).

Just consider it protoss vs zerg sc mod.

Ads
adamthelc

Post#9 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:22 pm

I'm not going to sugarcoat it, it's a bad idea. Bringing more people to an even fight you cant win is a solution for RvR. You could argue Scenarios whole reason for being is to have an environment where that cant happen.

Sometimes we are outmatched and we lose. That is not a problem.

This specific idea is bad, but the idea of giving a losing team help is not. Things like the murder ball in temple of isha is a good way to help. Giving an already winning team a buff like logrins forge is a bad mechanic.

I think there are better things you could do by tweaking things already in game than doing some crazy change like this.

alusnova

Post#10 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:33 pm

I like this idea and one way that will deter people from afking ( usually afk after wipe)
is have the scenario announce that "reinforcements are incoming" this way you know you can try to push and fight after reinforcements have arrived.

At the end this will create more fighting for both sides, I bet that both sides prefer fighting than afk.

Also imagine how many solos are just waiting hours end to get into a sc, well this solution will help with that too , we won't have wasted scenarios ( afk people)