Recent Topics

Ads

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Re: [Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#61 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 am

DokB wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:09 am
Zxul wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 pm
DokB wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:54 am Alright, so putting aside that cherry picked group setup and the fact a full 6man premade can’t be put against 6 random pugs (since that would then be the pug scenario which premades larger than 2 cannot get into).
What do you suppose happens when your reinforcements arrive and its your own realms full 6 man in voice comms and in full invader? 6v12 is suddenly okay now that you’re winning right? Using this sort of anecdotal evidence as an argument is ridiculous by the way, so I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.
6man + 6 randoms vs 12 randoms, the usual.

And did you see me suggesting domination only working for one side?

It doesn’t matter if domination works for both sides. Your premise falls flat when it comes down to the fact that one side will be punished for dominating by getting outnumbered. How would the numbers then be evened out between the teams? You surely can’t be suggesting one side has to fight a realm that outnumbers them until they themselves get dominated and get their own reinforcements?
You surely can’t be suggesting one side has to fight rr85's premades in bis equip as rr40 in ruin, while being artificially limited to equal numbers? See, it works both ways.

Realistically though- if the fight is anywhere close to equal, domination won't kick anyway. If you got enough of advantage for the domination kicking in, yet your premade keeps on quoting- you ain't looking for an equal fight, you are looking to farm pug which can't fight back. "One side will be punished for dominating"- why exactly do you assume you deserve to farm pug while being protected by artificial numbers limitation, and call that being removed a punishment?

More importantly though, most of this server is pug, and devs were pretty specific about pugfarming- to quote Wargrimnir "Pugstomping is bad", posted by him several times. So how exactly do you propose to have an equal fight between rr85 in bis, and rr40 in ruin, besides giving the pug side numbers advantage?

"You surely can’t be suggesting one side has to fight a realm that outnumbers them until they themselves get dominated and get their own reinforcements?"- exactly what I'm suggesting. If there is no domination, than the fight is equal (instead of premade pugstomping)- than what exactly is the problem? If there is a domination for whatever side, than whoever is dominated will get reinforcements till things balance out.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
GpuSW

Post#62 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:57 am

Austherus wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:36 am
GpuSW wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:26 am
so u see nothing wrong with killing off group play in a group mmo just to appease salty manlets like yourself who can't even figure out how to turn on their monitors let alone play their class properly?

lelz. never go full cuck, señor!
Other than a collection of insults and fallacies, you delivered nothing. Please refrain from having an opinion if you can't brain.

And people wonder why so many get banned in this.

aww u ok hon? answer me: why is it ok to kill off group play even more just to appease pug like yourself?

answer: you dont have one. you just want it to work for u

Tankbeardz

Post#63 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:45 pm

This dogshit thread is still going?

DokB

Post#64 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:10 pm

You surely can’t be suggesting one side has to fight rr85's premades in bis equip as rr40 in ruin, while being artificially limited to equal numbers? See, it works both ways.

Again, you seem to think that domination only ever happens when a fight is between high renown players versus lowbies. You need to get over this very specific, cherry picked scenario you are building for yourself here. Domination itself is not restricted to high renown rank players dominating pugs in ruin, nor is it defined by players being in BiS gear or in voice comms. It happens at all levels and I can guarantee you any decent premade will still kick the **** out of pugs with similar renown/gear. It already happens every day.

Realistically though- if the fight is anywhere close to equal, domination won't kick anyway. If you got enough of advantage for the domination kicking in, yet your premade keeps on quoting- you ain't looking for an equal fight, you are looking to farm pug which can't fight back. "One side will be punished for dominating"- why exactly do you assume you deserve to farm pug while being protected by artificial numbers limitation, and call that being removed a punishment?

I am not saying I deserve to farm pugs, you and whoever else shares your delusions are under some insane misconception that premades are hiding behind an artificial number limitation. You have already admitted to being a trashcan player by wanting to invite the zerg into your scenario because you can’t fight with equal numbers. Literally no one else wants your stupid idea to **** up scenarios even more than they already are.

More importantly though, most of this server is pug, and devs were pretty specific about pugfarming- to quote Wargrimnir "Pugstomping is bad", posted by him several times. So how exactly do you propose to have an equal fight between rr85 in bis, and rr40 in ruin, besides giving the pug side numbers advantage?

It’s the pugs fault if they refuse to utilise a basis **** game function available to everyone which is grouping up. If they don’t want to continue being farmed, they should really start to use their brains and stop running solo and stop blaming their dogshit state of play on this fantasy which is rr85 premades in BiS.
All your idea does is bloat and prolong a scenario which should be wrapping up with domination. It should be about ending one sided scenario quickly, not making them take even longer and making them not fun at the same time by being outnumbered.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Zxul

Post#65 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:48 am

DokB wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:10 pm Again, you seem to think that domination only ever happens when a fight is between high renown players versus lowbies. You need to get over this very specific, cherry picked scenario you are building for yourself here. Domination itself is not restricted to high renown rank players dominating pugs in ruin, nor is it defined by players being in BiS gear or in voice comms. It happens at all levels and I can guarantee you any decent premade will still kick the **** out of pugs with similar renown/gear. It already happens every day.
Since I personally remember winning as a part of pug vs Csi's premade, which I'm pretty sure was back then considered top on server (by me and 2 more avoiding them and running objectives while they were farming kills), haha no. But a nice try, keep going.
DokB wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:10 pm I am not saying I deserve to farm pugs, you and whoever else shares your delusions are under some insane misconception that premades are hiding behind an artificial number limitation. You have already admitted to being a trashcan player by wanting to invite the zerg into your scenario because you can’t fight with equal numbers. Literally no one else wants your stupid idea to **** up scenarios even more than they already are.
More whining. And if you are not hiding, why do you even do scenarios and not open rvr? No domination there.
DokB wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:10 pm It’s the pugs fault if they refuse to utilise a basis **** game function available to everyone which is grouping up. If they don’t want to continue being farmed, they should really start to use their brains and stop running solo and stop blaming their dogshit state of play on this fantasy which is rr85 premades in BiS.
All your idea does is bloat and prolong a scenario which should be wrapping up with domination. It should be about ending one sided scenario quickly, not making them take even longer and making them not fun at the same time by being outnumbered.
Actually, as someone with years of experience of solo roaming in lakes, if you can't deal with unequal numbers it is really a L2P issue. Just a clue, though lets face it, I don't expect someone who is used to hiding behind a team and artificial numbers limitations to actually get it.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

DokB

Post#66 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:48 am

The absolute state of RoR 2019:

Where avoiding PvP entirely and running objectives is considered beating someone, especially when the current topic is talking about equally geared players fighting each other and not avoiding each other. The irony here is that anyone can run objectives and avoid fighting, so what does it matter if you are outmatched in skill or gear? Why would you need reinforcements if you can just avoid fighting and do objectives and win? Damn I’ve been playing this RoR wrong, if only I had found the light that is holy blessed PVE in scenarios! Actually fighting people is for losers.

When grouping up to play scenarios is considered “hiding in a team” while in the same breath saying it’s a L2P issue if you aren’t able to fight against imbalanced numbers in a thread advocating imbalanced numbers as a solution to getting dominated in scenarios.

Good luck with your idea m8.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Zxul

Post#67 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:23 am

The absolute state of RoR 2019:

When using tactics, specifically intended in scenario, while facing probably best premade on server, is considered pve.

"When grouping up to play scenarios is considered “hiding in a team” while in the same breath saying it’s a L2P issue if you aren’t able to fight against imbalanced numbers in a thread advocating imbalanced numbers as a solution to getting dominated in scenarios."- see, you can figure it out. If you can't play without a team, and if your team can't deal with numbers unbalance, than its a L2P issue. If you like to farm pug in scenarios, than thats what you like, but no reason to help you by limiting their numbers only to those you can easily deal with.

Personally I prefer to roam in lakes, without having guard+healer to carry me and numbers limit to protect me so that the bad pug won't tough me, but that takes actual skill. Which is where we get back to "The absolute state of RoR 2019".

DokB

Post#68 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am

Zxul wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:23 am The absolute state of RoR 2019:

When using tactics, specifically intended in scenario, while facing probably best premade on server, is considered pve.

"When grouping up to play scenarios is considered “hiding in a team” while in the same breath saying it’s a L2P issue if you aren’t able to fight against imbalanced numbers in a thread advocating imbalanced numbers as a solution to getting dominated in scenarios."- see, you can figure it out. If you can't play without a team, and if your team can't deal with numbers unbalance, than its a L2P issue. If you like to farm pug in scenarios, than thats what you like, but no reason to help you by limiting their numbers only to those you can easily deal with.

Personally I prefer to roam in lakes, without having guard+healer to carry me and numbers limit to protect me so that the bad pug won't tough me, but that takes actual skill. Which is where we get back to "The absolute state of RoR 2019".
Just stop dude, I am genuinely embarrassed for you.

It is your prerogative to be a pug not queue up in a group and there is nothing stopping you from grouping up. Therefore, the consequences are back on you. Why should a premade group have to fight versus imbalanced team numbers in a scenario just because you don’t like how they are grouped up and you aren’t? It’s a team game and to suggest that having the bare semblance of a group with a guard/healer is getting carried and to go even further by saying even numbers in a scenario is somehow a way to protect premades is beyond a joke. Seems like you are the one who needs to L2P here.

I refer you to my previous advice of never posting again to save yourself further embarrassment.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
Zxul

Post#69 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:47 pm

DokB wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am Just stop dude, I am genuinely embarrassed for you.

It is your prerogative to be a pug not queue up in a group and there is nothing stopping you from grouping up. Therefore, the consequences are back on you. Why should a premade group have to fight versus imbalanced team numbers in a scenario just because you don’t like how they are grouped up and you aren’t? It’s a team game and to suggest that having the bare semblance of a group with a guard/healer is getting carried and to go even further by saying even numbers in a scenario is somehow a way to protect premades is beyond a joke. Seems like you are the one who needs to L2P here.

I refer you to my previous advice of never posting again to save yourself further embarrassment.
Reading comprehension, it is good, lets get over it again.

Needing a premade and equal numbers to be able to fight= bad.

Being able to fight without premade, and deal with superior numbers instead of whining about for 7 pages= good.

Whining about "premade group have to fight versus imbalanced team numbers", when back in a day the good premades were specifically fighting in lakes vs superior numbers, since it is where the actual challenge is= very bad, the kind of the thing personally I would be ashamed to post over public forums. But I guess we are back at "the absolute state of RoR 2019".

Simple enough this time? If not, plz tell me, I will make an effort to simplify it for you even more.

Jabba

Post#70 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Zxul wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:47 pm
DokB wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:00 am Just stop dude, I am genuinely embarrassed for you.

Reading comprehension, it is good, lets get over it again.

Needing a premade and equal numbers to be able to fight= bad.

Being able to fight without premade, and deal with superior numbers instead of whining about for 7 pages= good.

Whining about "premade group have to fight versus imbalanced team numbers", when back in a day the good premades were specifically fighting in lakes vs superior numbers, since it is where the actual challenge is= very bad, the kind of the thing personally I would be ashamed to post over public forums. But I guess we are back at "the absolute state of RoR 2019".

Simple enough this time? If not, plz tell me, I will make an effort to simplify it for you even more.
You are possibly the most stupid person I've seen post on these forums, and that is quite the accomplishment (almost up there with that famous flag victory over a premade that you had that one time. Was it your tank sorc build that enabled you to win that famous victory?)
Tushi Splats Tush Emoalbino Podge