Recent Topics

Ads

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Zxul

Re: [Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#41 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:17 pm

Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 pm
I've played "tank" magus for 70 rr and anni is garbage. I would rank Dom or even redeye better than anni.

You get more toughness overall in addition to a better set bonus toughness with Dom, more armor (both inherently and through the set bonus), you don't need the 2% strikethrough (since the raw int bonus from Dom makes up for it), and on it's own 60hp per 4 seconds is trash. You would need to stack it for there to be a noticeable difference, and you more or less can't with the innate stat loss you are undertaking by using a level 35 set (meaning you can't stack fleshrender rings since you need to recoup those losses).

Additionally, the sets 7% reduction to be crit allows you way more leeway on how you spend your RR, and an autodetaunt is far more useful than 1 point in demo (at 70 you have all the points you need).

I don't know if you are bad at magus or just bad at math, but please don't advise people to use anni. It's one of the dumbest pieces of advice I have ever heard.
Reading skills, those help.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... name=Llell

How exactly did you got from "use 2 parts of annihilator mixed with other sets for the best overall bonuses" which I posted, to "use enough annihilator to get to 1 point in demo", I honestly have no idea.

On the side note, using fleshrender means you need to get AP from somewhere else- and I would rather keep tactic slots for a more useful stuff, and you are loosing quite a lot of spirit resistance which you need, compared to other options.
Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:42 pm b) strikethrough isn't that valuable on it's own on a "tank" magus since a majority of your damage is going to be coming from BoC and AOF, both of which are undefendable.
And on the side note, going Change as second tree instead of Havoc, and using flamer for 35% faster Daemonology/Change dot ticks (with dots scaling from points in Change), gives more overall dmg + better aoe options when needed + more dmg on Rend Winds which is your spammable ranged nuke. Havoc+CQ was only worth it on live, before RoR pet buffs.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#42 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:26 pm

Zxul wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:17 pm
Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:31 pm
I've played "tank" magus for 70 rr and anni is garbage. I would rank Dom or even redeye better than anni.

You get more toughness overall in addition to a better set bonus toughness with Dom, more armor (both inherently and through the set bonus), you don't need the 2% strikethrough (since the raw int bonus from Dom makes up for it), and on it's own 60hp per 4 seconds is trash. You would need to stack it for there to be a noticeable difference, and you more or less can't with the innate stat loss you are undertaking by using a level 35 set (meaning you can't stack fleshrender rings since you need to recoup those losses).

Additionally, the sets 7% reduction to be crit allows you way more leeway on how you spend your RR, and an autodetaunt is far more useful than 1 point in demo (at 70 you have all the points you need).

I don't know if you are bad at magus or just bad at math, but please don't advise people to use anni. It's one of the dumbest pieces of advice I have ever heard.
Reading skills, those help.

https://www.returnofreckoning.com/armor ... name=Llell

How exactly did you got from "use 2 parts of annihilator mixed with other sets for the best overall bonuses" which I posted, to "use enough annihilator to get to 1 point in demo", I honestly have no idea.

On the side note, using fleshrender means you need to get AP from somewhere else- and I would rather keep tactic slots for a more useful stuff, and you are loosing quite a lot of spirit resistance which you need, compared to other options.
Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:42 pm b) strikethrough isn't that valuable on it's own on a "tank" magus since a majority of your damage is going to be coming from BoC and AOF, both of which are undefendable.
And on the side note, going Change as second tree instead of Havoc, and using flamer for 35% faster Daemonology/Change dot ticks (with dots scaling from points in Change), gives more overall dmg + better aoe options when needed + more dmg on Rend Winds which is your spammable ranged nuke. Havoc+CQ was only worth it on live, before RoR pet buffs.
You are treating the 2 pieces of anni as if they exist in a vacuum and it's a really dumb premise, so I looked past it in order to be generous. What you "gain" from them doesn't justify breaking 5 or 6 piece bonuses (as I already went over).

You also you wouldn't use fleshrender if you are going up against a DPS AM (which is when you would need spirit resists), or an SM, so I don't see your point, as that is the only time you need to worry about AP. That said, personally I feel it's better to gear for survivability (or damage), then swap tactics according to your needs in almost every instance.

As for your side note: I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish with what you are talking about outside of something very specific like leaching during 3rd floor funnel, but even in that case, it's better to go change/demo.

Zxul

Post#43 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:35 am

Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:26 pm You are treating the 2 pieces of anni as if they exist in a vacuum and it's a really dumb premise, so I looked past it in order to be generous. What you "gain" from them doesn't justify breaking 5 or 6 piece bonuses (as I already went over).
Total set bonuses- 110 toughness, 123 intel, 225 armor, 7% less chance to be disrupted, and annih chest has 60 regen- like I posted on Chaos forum 6 months ago. Nothing which you posted (5% less to be crit, since I'm using domi boots, or the autodetaunt), comes close.
Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:26 pmYou also you wouldn't use fleshrender if you are going up against a DPS AM (which is when you would need spirit resists), or an SM, so I don't see your point, as that is the only time you need to worry about AP. That said, personally I feel it's better to gear for survivability (or damage), then swap tactics according to your needs in almost every instance.
You forgot dps WP (there were a few good ones back in a day before the nerfs), and wh (which does quite a bit spirit as well). And tactics are intel/toughness/absorb/insta pet, no need to swap them. As for survivability and dmg- see above set mods. Back in a day, I killed every single wl which tried to 1v1 me, while still doing fine when I run across AMs- in same setup.
Flavorburst wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:26 pmAs for your side note: I have no idea what you are trying to accomplish with what you are talking about outside of something very specific like leaching during 3rd floor funnel, but even in that case, it's better to go change/demo.
The lost art of solo roaming, and being able to deal with any class which you run across. While still being able to rift or put aoe pressure when needed.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ysaran

Post#44 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:07 am

Austherus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 pm Instead of having a single pug scenario, make it a single premade scenario that rotates every week.
You means as it is now?
Zputadenti

Austherus

Post#45 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:58 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:07 am
Austherus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:53 pm Instead of having a single pug scenario, make it a single premade scenario that rotates every week.
You means as it is now?
Not really, I'll be clearer:

Right now we have one premade, one pug, everything else is unregulated. I'm suggesting one premade, everything else pug.
The issues come from pug vs premade on the unregulated scenarios.

GpuSW

Post#46 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:40 am

Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:58 am
You means as it is now?

Right now we have one premade, one pug, everything else is unregulated. I'm suggesting one premade, everything else pug.
and what if there are no prems queuing on opposite side? no pops at all? xD

amazing suggestion! such wow

Austherus

Post#47 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 am

GpuSW wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:40 am
You means as it is now?

Then that means it's not premade time. You deal with it, just like everybody else.

Ysaran

Post#48 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:12 am

Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:58 am

Then that means it's not premade time. You deal with it, just like everybody else.
So if pug get steamrolled by premades and stop queing is bad, but if pramedes get no SC pop and log out is ok?
Zputadenti

Ads
Austherus

Post#49 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 am

Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:12 am

So if pug get steamrolled by premades and stop queing is bad, but if pramedes get no SC pop and log out is ok?
Yes, and I'm pretty sure you can find out all the reasons for that without me having to explain them.

Ysaran

Post#50 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:47 am

Austherus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:34 am
Ysaran wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:12 am

Yes, and I'm pretty sure you can find out all the reasons for that without me having to explain them.
When I read this BS I really think that non-pug SC should be only for party. This is a game and everyone willing to play should be able to do so. To propose to implement a solution that will stop ppl to play is just crazy. If you get tired of SC you can always go RvR but if you play only for SC to log out shouldn't be the solution.
Zputadenti