Recent Topics

Ads

[Sc] Replace domination with the following.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tankbeardz

Re: [Sc] Replace domination with the following.

Post#21 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:17 am

dansari wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:04 am I have been involved in several scenarios where there were no premades and one side was simply much worse or less balanced than the other side and domination ended it early. Just saying
This is usually the case, honestly. IMHO, PUG SC queues are much more lopsided most of the time.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#22 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:09 am

It's not about premades, it's about bad (random) setups and bad players in general.
1-2 players can totally win a sc, when the rest of their team and the enemy is equally bad. In this case, add another group to the enemy team? What a non-sense.
Dying is no option.

Ashoris

Post#23 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:23 am

Zxul wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:31 am
Anyway, devs said no to stomping undergeared pug with premades, since lets face it this is pretty much where domination really kicks in. And there is really no way of making any sort of balanced fight between 2/2/2 premade, likely in an at least a decent gear, and say 3 dps doks in ruin/3 unguarded and unhealed choppas, besides pumping the numbers on the pug side.
dont fight the symptoms !
I cant stress it enough .... too much Powercreep through Items and Gear Tiers brought this .....

The actual Gear progression in this game makes a huge difference. In the past you had the same Item lvl on nearly everyone and as a casual Player there was only a possible difference in skill (and there are casual players out who play way better than some hardcore Players on this server).
But nowadays the Gear Tier makes sure the casual is in a disadvantage and nothing but More Time investing can stop that.

The Problem is not the premade, the Problem is the huge Gearscore difference!! and this is by design ... I would still like a more "Guild Wars" like implementation (stats are easy to get, Optics need to be worked for) because it helps the casuals and give something to farm for the ppl who want to have "progress" while ppl who actually like to PvP have no disadvantages at all.

(edit: and No, i dont need the "easy to get equipment" - because i am fine - but i feel sorry for the Casual Players and the new beginners)
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Sulorie

Post#24 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:40 am

Ashoris wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:23 am
Anyway, devs said no to stomping undergeared pug with premades, since lets face it this is pretty much where domination really kicks in. And there is really no way of making any sort of balanced fight between 2/2/2 premade, likely in an at least a decent gear, and say 3 dps doks in ruin/3 unguarded and unhealed choppas, besides pumping the numbers on the pug side.
I cant stress it enough .... too much Powercreep through Items and Gear Tiers brought this .....

The actual Gear progression in this game makes a huge difference. In the past you had the same Item lvl on nearly everyone and as a casual Player there was only a possible difference in skill (and there are casual players out who play way better than some hardcore Players on this server).
But nowadays the Gear Tier makes sure the casual is in a disadvantage and nothing but More Time investing can stop that.

The Problem is not the premade, the Problem is the huge Gearscore difference!! and this is by design ... I would still like a more "Guild Wars" like implementation (stats are easy to get, Optics need to be worked for) because it helps the casuals and give something to farm for the ppl who want to have "progress" while ppl who actually like to PvP have no disadvantages at all.

(edit: and No, i dont need the "easy to get equipment" - because i am fine - but i feel sorry for the Casual Players and the new beginners)
I have to disagree. :)
I don't find it hard to get into conq tier gear together with subj weapons. With multiple loot in rvr bags, getting genesis is easier than ever as well.
It really isn't gear disparity, it's lacking knowledge of position, target choice and reading flow of battle, which leads to death.

Someone else menitoned rr80 Invader premades, wtf, it's not even BiS for most classes.
Dying is no option.

Ysaran

Post#25 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:49 am

Ashoris wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:23 am

Just rolled an IB and duoing with a dps-WP friend. We are both r20/20+ and we can easily beat many full vanq+ not-enough-careful player. I don't think that gear is really a problem, the problem is that ppl don't want to improve
Zputadenti

bradbury111

Post#26 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:09 am

Gear disparity is a thing, t2-3 even more than in t1: as soon as I hit 29 the performance drastically changes, with tanks is obvious and as soon as you enter t4 you're still competitive even before reaching the lvl 35 milestone.
With dps no, at 29, the performance jumps as with tanks, but when you hit 31, is the same feeling to be a lvl 16 entering t2, you notice doing sensible more damage at lvl 35.
With healers is different, unlocked skills goes pair to pair with your gear, healing numbers go steadily up while putting points in the healing tree. It's surely the most linear progression of the three.

Thickfreak

Post#27 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:16 pm

I mean OP, why are you even playing a hardcore PVP game where you think the best answer to win is just to overrun your enemy? Take your L with dignity. Or you know go and talk to some people and get to know them and make a stable premade. Work on your skills and find success. I can't believe you would even offer an idea like this as a solution. You want all the rewards without having to do anything at all. Completely entitled thinking. You are not entitled to anything just because you are here, playing the game. Play well and organize or get stomped.

Edit: Also most people that have any sort of merit in their character don't call their friends to handle "their issue" by the way. It's a very childish thought process to get killed by someone and then "call for friends to help you out". It's different if you're already roaming with friends. But to specifically call for friends to kill someone who has beat you is just beyond childishly vindictive. You, your thought process, and whoever "your friends" are, will be what kills this server one day.

smirnofun

Post#28 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:52 pm

I see right destro loosing scenario and from the east comes Gendalf ( or Brogun) with whole 100ppl blob.

Ads
Zxul

Post#29 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 pm

DokB wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:54 am Alright, so putting aside that cherry picked group setup and the fact a full 6man premade can’t be put against 6 random pugs (since that would then be the pug scenario which premades larger than 2 cannot get into).
What do you suppose happens when your reinforcements arrive and its your own realms full 6 man in voice comms and in full invader? 6v12 is suddenly okay now that you’re winning right? Using this sort of anecdotal evidence as an argument is ridiculous by the way, so I’m not sure what you are trying to accomplish here.
6man + 6 randoms vs 12 randoms, the usual.

And did you see me suggesting domination only working for one side?
Sulorie wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:40 am Someone else menitoned rr80 Invader premades, wtf, it's not even BiS for most classes.
Sulorie to this day Annihilator is bis for specific setups in specific slots, but do you really want me to go over bis for every class just to make a post?
Thickfreak wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:16 pm I mean OP, why are you even playing a hardcore PVP game
Assuming RoR to be a hardcore pvp game (no player loot, lvls boost in rvr, most of the world isn't open pvp, unlike say AoC Rage server which I played back in the day) is highly amusing...
Thickfreak wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:16 pmwhere you think the best answer to win is just to overrun your enemy? Take your L with dignity. Or you know go and talk to some people and get to know them and make a stable premade. Work on your skills and find success. I can't believe you would even offer an idea like this as a solution. You want all the rewards without having to do anything at all. Completely entitled thinking. You are not entitled to anything just because you are here, playing the game. Play well and organize or get stomped.

Edit: Also most people that have any sort of merit in their character don't call their friends to handle "their issue" by the way. It's a very childish thought process to get killed by someone and then "call for friends to help you out". It's different if you're already roaming with friends. But to specifically call for friends to kill someone who has beat you is just beyond childishly vindictive. You, your thought process, and whoever "your friends" are, will be what kills this server one day.
...but not as amusing as this one. I especially loved the "merit" part, keep going you are doing great, personally I would suggest going next about "honor", and lets say also "adults". But anyway, you got yourself a new fan!
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sulorie

Post#30 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Zxul wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Sulorie wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:40 am Someone else menitoned rr80 Invader premades, wtf, it's not even BiS for most classes.
Sulorie to this day Annihilator is bis for specific setups in specific slots, but do you really want me to go over bis for every class just to make a post?
Not needed, but mentioning high rr groups with good gear is no argument here. Those can be on both sides and having good people on pug side is enough to have a good fight with a 6man.
Dying is no option.