Recent Topics

Ads

Suggestion Accountwide Experience increaser

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wonshot

Suggestion Accountwide Experience increaser

Post#1 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:25 pm

Issue this idea would tacle:
Alt-oholics being more tempted to level new chars
Bring more action to lower tiers
and in general add replay-ability to the game
less reason to play on several accounts

The core of the idea:
Based on how many Rank 40toons you have already leveled up. You will get acces to "X" ammount of accountwide exp bonus.
Example, if you have 2 x R40 toons on an account you can choose to activate your "X" bonus experience on new characters.
The bonus needs to be used on activation and not be automatically applied, to allow for grouping between players with different values to keep them in same leveling speed when grouping. But also to allow for veterans to group with newcomers.
Example: VeteranA wants to group with NewcomerA. The veteran has many rank 40s and could get more than double the experience bonus the Newcomer could get. So he will not activate his bonuses. However if a returning player wants to group with a veteran they could level at a faster phase since they both have ventured through their first-time experience on the server.

Sideeffect: The scrolls could be set at a Goldcost, to function as a gold-sink if the devs value too much gold is available in the echonomy atm.

Assumption of why experience rates are "slow" atm. and why the dev-team wants it like this:
I assume you want new players to explore the full game, and not just oRvR and maxlevel content. This idea is not touching the first-time experience from new players, and will still allow for grouping between veterans and newcomers.

With the time it takes for new content to come out, and how we are looking to run out of Age of Reckoning content to be shiped on here, there will eventually be content-stops and this will allow for replay-ability for the players who want to play new toons. Right now the slow grind from 1-40 is putting many players off from rerolling or trying other classes.

I assume the devs to some extend dont want new chars to be leveled up and progressed too fast, so players dont learn the core mechanics of their classes. (Detaunt, taunt, time to try and explore different Tactics/Morales etc.) This is a valid point. But I also think if the accountwide-experience boost values are not set too high, this will not be an issue. oRvR/ scs are still great playgrounds to learn.

Overall I think this suggestion counters most of the exploitation useages I could initially come up with, and I adjusted it accordingly to not be exploitable. I took into account grouping, and dev-intentions + intented limmitations + assumed reasoning, and I would say this will not speedup but instead help burnout of players.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads