Recent Topics

Ads

Making tanks into actual dps.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Mystry
Suspended

Re: Making tanks into actual dps.

Post#21 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:22 am

I feel compelled to point out that the whole "they have heavy armor" argument is meaningless when armor talismans and pots exist. Cloth classes can get to the armor cap quite easily (which is utterly insane imo).

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Post#22 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 am

Mind you that as stated in previous patch notes the check for what you are is not on gear anymore its on mastery points spent. Also to add that this topic is teetering on the edge of lock since its a balance proposal topic in a non balance subforum.

Tesq

Post#23 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:50 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 am Mind you that as stated in previous patch notes the check for what you are is not on gear anymore its on mastery points spent. Also to add that this topic is teetering on the edge of lock since its a balance proposal topic in a non balance subforum.

Which dont even matter because you can spec def left mastery. Aka when you gona change sc ctiterias for tank from mastery spec into str/melee crits????

Those 2 only are the relevant stats to look at not mastery spec.

MeanMachine7519

Post#24 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:16 am

Dps tank is viable... get stuff , get a premade or role a dps
Aeizo Mara RR 8x
Aeiza Sorc RR 8x
Aeizos Black Guard RR 8x
Aeizas Dok RR 8x

pompownik666

Post#25 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 am

Mystry wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:22 am I feel compelled to point out that the whole "they have heavy armor" argument is meaningless when armor talismans and pots exist. Cloth classes can get to the armor cap quite easily (which is utterly insane imo).
They can’t

Tesq

Post#26 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am

pompownik666 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 am
Mystry wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:22 am I feel compelled to point out that the whole "they have heavy armor" argument is meaningless when armor talismans and pots exist. Cloth classes can get to the armor cap quite easily (which is utterly insane imo).
They can’t
No one actually can..... If you know how much get stack and how wep skill work...... Tanks sit around 50%

BeautfulToad

Post#27 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:51 am

Natherul wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 am Mind you that as stated in previous patch notes the check for what you are is not on gear anymore its on mastery points spent.
That is the only thing Id liked changed. I do think large parts of the community underrate 2handed tanks, but I just feel that nearly all 2-handed DPS metas (staying alive longer so you can do a bit more damage) is probably still a tank meta.

Also, I think most optimised 6-man groups would not trade a DPS for an off-tank, and would take 1 SnB 1 offtank over 2 SnB tanks.

Tesq

Post#28 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:53 am

BeautfulToad wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:51 am
Natherul wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 am Mind you that as stated in previous patch notes the check for what you are is not on gear anymore its on mastery points spent.
That is the only thing Id liked changed. I do think large parts of the community underrate 2handed tanks, but I just feel that nearly all 2-handed DPS metas (staying alive longer so you can do a bit more damage) is probably still a tank meta.

Also, I think most optimised 6-man groups would not trade a DPS for an off-tank, and would take 1 SnB 1 offtank over 2 SnB tanks.
only if they de nerf the chosen/kobs putn s+b nerf;

oh right what happened to that revert? any dev planning to give dettail to make s+b ch/kobs viable again sc or kobs need to have all eggs in 1 bascket and chosen just need to be keep force into a bad build?

Ads
TanithScout

Post#29 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:08 am

Why?
Qonrad, the knave of Nagarythe, Ghost of the Garior.

Imperial, Myrmidia's Chosen

Live: Karak Azgal Guild: They Took Our Jobs (Explicit Content) Char: Neomir/HCTBoom/Jinnz

Haskr

Post#30 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Natherul wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:24 am since its a balance proposal topic in a non balance subforum.
Though it has to be said that pushing proposals into and unmoderated (?) balance forum that seems to be dead (?) makes not a great difference to locking them straight away in the first place.

In this sense the sentence 'balance proposals go to the balance forum' seems to equal 'trash goes into the trash can', as both are propably never going to be looked at again (?).