Recent Topics

Ads

Account sharing

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kyouaku

Re: Account sharing

Post#11 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:24 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:18 pm I think it is pretty clear about account sharing :

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13607
What you must ABSOLUTELY keep in mind about this project before you start playing.
By creating an account, staff will assume you have already agreed to the following.
1.2 You are responsible of your account.
It is yours and only yours. Don’t share it unless you can accept the consequences of the other person potentially breaking the rules and having action taken against it (letting your kids play for example). If something bad happens in the hands of someone you trusted, it will be your problem, not ours, and sadly, you will be responsible for it.
1.8 No ban evasion.
Evading a ban (which means you have been sanctioned for not respecting the present rules) by playing on another account will result in the evasion account being permanently banned. The same applies for allowing a banned player to use your account. Helping a banned player in any way will result in a sanction.
Ahhh, thank you for this!!!

Those rules make sense, and make everything I said completely irrelevant hahahahaa.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time with my ignorance LOL

Ads
Zxul

Post#12 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:27 pm

Kyouaku wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:21 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:00 pm Stuff
Our society really messes up people, it conditions us to be incredibly prideful while not teaching us how to critically think at all =/. It aggrandizes our IDs to the point where we can no longer tell the difference between reality and what makes us feel good =/ . The ability to reason is just beyond so many of us now =/

Once we loose our ability to reason and conform to reality(People nowadays tend to make reality conform to them in their own minds, and fall apart when their ideas falter. I think this phenomena is an appropriate definition of Lunacy), I think civilization falters.
Without a doubt, I run into examples thereof all the time, including on those very forums.

Also, "If you break the rules, don't be surprised when you are facing consequences".
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Kyouaku

Post#13 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:27 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:00 pm Stuff
Our society really messes up people, it conditions us to be incredibly prideful while not teaching us how to critically think at all =/. It aggrandizes our IDs to the point where we can no longer tell the difference between reality and what makes us feel good =/ . The ability to reason is just beyond so many of us now =/

Once we loose our ability to reason and conform to reality(People nowadays tend to make reality conform to them in their own minds, and fall apart when their ideas falter. I think this phenomena is an appropriate definition of Lunacy), I think civilization falters.
Without a doubt, I run into examples thereof all the time, including on those very forums.

Also, "If you break the rules, don't be surprised when you are facing consequences".
You are the example =X

Alfa1986

Post#14 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:34 pm

Kyouaku wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:13 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:44 pm purely theoretically, giving your account to another person can be considered as a kind of exploit. a person without spending time in the game process receives certain game benefits in the form of leveling up or upgraded gears. but on the other hand, maybe you gave an account to the game so that he would just play and decide for himself whether he should create his own character to give a idea on hi-lvl of ​​the game . there is nothing wrong or disturbing in this. so here it seems to me that depends on the situation and even more on interpretation.
I think "Exploit" is a word we use far too much nowadays.

exploit verb
ex·​ploit | \ ik-ˈsplȯit
, ˈek-ˌsplȯit
\
exploited; exploiting; exploits

Definition of exploit (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb
1 : to make productive use of : 'utilize exploiting your talents exploit your opponent's weakness'
2 : to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage 'exploiting migrant farm workers'

Every time someone makes good use of something it's an exploit hahahah, which I think is inherently natural(The word has a negative connotation to it, which I think is more due to modern day politics then actually warranted).

There is the second definition though, which im sure is the one you are hitting on: "to make use of meanly or unfairly for one's own advantage ". Would borrowing a trusted friends account fit under the definition? While the term historically been used to describe things like the US has done to South America, it does technically fall under that umbrella because not everyone will have access to a high level account. I know I wont LOL. Nor would I want one now, I like building up my DoK :) Also, it is worth being noted that simply playing a well geared character in t4 SCs at all falls under that definition as well, as those poor sub 40's are useless hahaha. "Exploit" a general turn that I find is often overused.(Not always ofc) When all things are considered, I dont think there will be any meaningful negative effects on people if it's handled responsibly. It takes a lot of time to gear up new toons, and humans love variety every now and then. People did it all the time on OG warhammer and the game was still lots of fun and showed no ill effects because of it :D

I thin you are absolutely correct when you say each situation is unique and must be judged appropriately
that it would be absolutely clear what I meant I will describe two examples:
- if you hire someone for $ 100, and he plays 18/24 for a month to get a character of 80 level for you, it's bad, it's an extpoit.
- if you giving the account to your good friend for an hour / day / week, in which you are sure that he will not sell your account and steal your items or the game currency, then, it is not an exploit.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Zxul

Post#15 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:36 pm

Kyouaku wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:29 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:27 pm

You are the example =X
And it's been nice, now be a good boy and repeat after me, it might help you not just here but IRL as well, "If you break the rules, don't be surprised when you are facing consequences". Really wish they would still teach this at schools.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Kyouaku

Post#16 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:42 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:34 pm that it would be absolutely clear what I meant I will describe two examples:
- if you hire someone for $ 100, and he plays 18/24 for a month to get a character of 80 level for you, it's bad, it's an extpoit.
- if you giving the account to your good friend for an hour / day / week, in which you are sure that he will not sell your account and steal your items or the game currency, then, it is not an exploit.
That makes sense, I think that's something we can all agree on :)

@Zxul: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

Zxul

Post#17 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm

Kyouaku wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:42 pm @Zxul: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
Ahh well, guess we are going for pretty pictures now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_law
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accessory_(legal_term)

Kyouaku

Post#18 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:53 pm

Zxul wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm
Kyouaku wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:42 pm @Zxul: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I dont think you have anything worthwhile to say, please stop talking to me. This thread has also ran it's course

Ads
Zxul

Post#19 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:24 pm

Kyouaku wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:53 pm
Zxul wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:50 pm

I dont think you have anything worthwhile to say, please stop talking to me. This thread has also ran it's course
Ahh well. Are you triggered as well?

Collateral

Post#20 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:09 pm

What the hell are guys on about even..