Recent Topics

Ads

Can Transfer Essence not require a shield like it was on Live?

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Kyouaku

Can Transfer Essence not require a shield like it was on Live?

Post#1 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:40 am

Hello!

First and foremost, I would like to thank you guys for putting together this game, it's somply incredible!

I played a DoK on Live, and I liked to melee heal, and have been doing that on RoR and it's been a lot of fun. Ive just reached level 30 and unlocked Transfer essence, and for some reason it requires a shield. It wanst that way on live, and I like to duel wield, is it possible to remove that requirement so we have some more variety in melee heals for those of us who like to duel wield?

Ads
adamthelc

Re: Can Transfer Essence not require a shield like it was on Live?

Post#2 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:16 am

There were no DoK shields on live, so you are right. They added shields specifically to break up the specs. Considering that it seems unlikely that they will let you use Transfer Essence while dual wielding. If you like to melee heal, a shield is the equipment for that. If you like to dps, two swords is the equipment for that.

On live they did remove consume essence though and they brought that back here. So if you want to melee heal while dual wielding that is your only option for a spammable lifetap.

You are going to be a much better melee healer with the new shield spec. If you just want to actually be a dps DoK but have good healing, that is kind of what the requirement is trying to prevent.

Kyouaku

Post#3 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 5:52 pm

That's true, I forgot they removed Consume Essence towards the end of the game there, I was bummed about that =/

Zxul

Post#4 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:06 pm

Lifetap based dps dok is broken for good, which is why you don't see any dps doks around anymore.

Can try this spec which I worked out, though have to admit even with it when comparing my dok to my chosen, chosen just performs much better.

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=33084
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh