Recent Topics

Ads

Another SC suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Celephais

Another SC suggestion

Post#1 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi all awesome people contributing to progress of this game,

To start it somehow, I would like to share my t4 experience (and open it to second opinions). Being 40/43 solo player, Iam being permanently wrecked during most of the t4 scs. You may suggest a lot of mistakes on my side, but to be honest, trying any form of defense like debuffs always leads to failure like being disrupted or others being immune. On the other hand, Iam being highly susceptible to debuffs from others, which leads to simple circle of being killed, ressed and killed again and again. I do not count premade assist attacks, during 1v1 half of my attacks are ignored and suddenly Iam dead and the other player just goes away and I can see remaining tick damage being insanely low or being disrupted. Iam observing this for some time on various low rr chars and I believe many are sad about this too. (I play this game casually for 2+ years with some gaps, so Iam not newbie in carrerbuilding gear effects, talismans, potions etc)
As a form of ragequit, I tend to start a new char and this problem is not present in t1 and t2 scenarios. I believe it is because of the rr difference, being lvl5/rr8 and standing against lvl15/rr19 isnt fair fight, but neither is lvl40/rr40 and lvl40/rr80. And you wont lower this rr difference that easy than on lower levels.
Therefore I would like to propose my idea to you all, would it be possible to somehow divide t4 scenarios to give the fight experience more "fair" feeling? For example, t4 scenarios A are accesible to players with lvl30-40/rr>60 and t4 scenarios B accesible for players lvl40/rr<60.
This is just plain suggestion far from functional model, but I believe you get what I mean. Thank you all for at least thinking about this and keep up great work! :D

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Another SC suggestion

Post#2 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:06 pm

Why ragequit instead of meticulously trying to figure out how to alleviate/fix the issues you're having? If your attacks aren't landing a lot, then you may have low main stat values, or perhaps you're hitting tanks or classes using defensive morales.

Re your suggestion: nice in theory, but a) wouldn't work with such a small SC pop, and b) wouldn't be able to help gear up (or simply play with) lowbies in your guild groups.

Alfa1986

Post#3 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:29 am

maybe it really makes sense. taking this fakt which none of the speakers thought and mentioned in their Wishlist, the problem with the scenarios may not be because the population is too small, but because it is too big. the server is not rubber, and cannot takes all who wants playing sc. and as priority is primarily given to those who clicked the 'join group' button, Chinesehero and other solo players sit and wait for hours and think that there are no scenes.
although in reality the system simply ignores us. if the players are divided into up to 60 rr and more than 60 rr, it is possible that the level of skills the sc's population will be more balanced, and the battles more fair.

This is just plain suggestion far from functional model, but I believe you get what I mean. Thank you all for reading this and keep up great work! :D
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Akalukz

Post#4 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:35 pm

Celephais, do you use any addons? Buffhead can be extremely helpful, especially if you are seeing immunity pop up often. It will help show you when / how to use your cc more effectively. Unfortunately right now Scenarios are a mess. I think they are working on it though.
-= Agony =-