Recent Topics

Ads

thunder valley scenario, suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: thunder valley scenario, suggestion

Post#11 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Am I the only one who sees people currently winning this SC with nothing more than going pure flag capture mode, and people want to remove points from kills? xD

Ads
Rockalypse
Former Staff

Post#12 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:27 pm

Natherul wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:54 am Not adding any personal opinion on the topic but Id like to add that if doing this the mechanic of bombing that you can do from middle would be lost. And from your map the BOs seems so close to each other that if middle point is something you can unlock you can effectively shoot from middle BO into another BO.
Bombing mechanic sounded interesting when scenario was just implemented, but right now it does not affect fights at all, you just need to roam flags on periphery to gain big chunks of points just for cap, no need to even hold it, team that runs for flags faster wins.

Removal of points given for cap, adding point ticks based on number of BOs capped (two insentives to cap and stay on BO) and reworking bombing mechanic to actually matter (insentive to cap middle) would be step in right direction, imo.

One of ways to rework bombing mechanic could be this:
Once you cap middle you trigger 100feet aoe damage for like 300dmg/sec around one of enemy flags for 10-20 seconds.

DokB

Post#13 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:13 am

The map itself is too large for anything less than 24 v 24, the concept of a bombing mechanic is not fun to me personally (eg. Fortress Artillery) and I can’t say I’ve seen it work effectively. The scenario usually doesn’t last long enough to even bother strategizing with others to use the bombing mechanic as flags get turned over extremely quick.

Thunder Valley can be won purely by avoiding all fighting and running flags, if that was the goal then well done you’ve accomplished it. What I’ve taken to doing is to run nothing but flags and avoid the any enemy players for ez wins. Why should I bother fighting enemies or contesting areas when I can just take the easy route and win by pressing W?

If I see you have anything higher than 0 damage or deathblows at the end of the SC then it’s a guild/group kick.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

flintboth

Post#14 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:22 am

What about to position a Non Players Characters champion on the four Battles Objectives ?
Champion HP is sized to be killed fastly for a group.
When the champion is dead the BO is directly captured to push the clashes the most fast as possible to the middle area.
To make the scenario more group play.

Or

Battle Objectives can be captured like it is currently for this scenario (just a little more fast) but they generate one supply you have to bring to the middle area.
To be able to capture the middle area you must have three supplies in the middle area; 2 supplies coming easily from the BO nearest your War Camp and the other 1 supply must be taken from supplies runner enemies (drop from enemy when killed).
To avoid any exploit from non running supplies, one supplies runner alive give 5 points to their Realm every 10 seconds or every 20 seconds.
If you have 3 supplies runners in the middle area, middle BO is captured and you win 20 points every 10 or 20 seconds.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)