Recent Topics

Ads

New Icons based on spec(For tanks and healers)

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Azerreth

New Icons based on spec(For tanks and healers)

Post#1 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:08 pm

This is a small one but I feel like it could help and would allow for people to be more aware of whats going on. The idea is finding a way to make it so we could have a different Icon based on what tanks and healers spec into; If they are running dps they could have something that is a huge tell when the join a group so warbands are aware of what is going on.

This would then mean that say a DPS shaman, zealot or DoK could be seen as such and we could form groups respectively around that where as now when we are mid fight we have someone join and assume they are playing their "Intended" role. This leads to miscommunication and becomes a cluster for everyone involved, So what I propose is that we make it fair for everyone. Im not sure how this would work; Or if it's even possible hell I wouldn't mind if we have spec based Icons rather than just class icons. (Maybe they could sit beside our characters Icon?)

The only reason I bring this up is because I feel it is entirely wrong that we penalize someone for playing X character the way they wana play. But this also comes down to the icons themselves not show-casing that these characters are not playing said role (It's not hard to tell when you notice someone wielding dps on a tank/healer.) It is however difficult for leads to tell when we are holding an objective and are primarily focused on incoming information/group comps. I primarily play melee dps or sword/board tanks but I think this could be hugely helpful for the community and could help relay information that perhaps would be un-noticed until frustrations flair.

Sorry in advance, I was unsure of where to put this as Im unsure if it really would effect balance. It was more a QoL improvement as I sat her thinking about the game. Not trying to clog this forum just wanted to pitch it out there as something to think about, thanks for reading.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: New Icons based on spec(For tanks and healers)

Post#2 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:00 am

Why don't you check their potions or selfbuffs, you can usually see, how they specced.
E.g. shaman/am resist buffs: 157/214 = dps spec, 239/252 heal spec.
Dying is no option.

flintboth

Post#3 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:33 am

Have an addon to see with a special icon what "spe" have a tank or a healer can help WB leader to manage groups as fast as possible, will be really great.
Many characters can't be inspected and it's one more task for WB leader, when you have to fix every 10 minutes WB groups to optimize the chance for a good outcome battle because of hidden dead (not "rezzable") or players chasing away or charaters who release too fast... It's really better to have the most tools as possible to show you what characters is the best for a group.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#4 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 am

Baking this into the base game could be a problematic thing indeed. But Its something that I would consider beneficial so Ill look around if its a possibility at all right now

Azerreth

Post#5 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Natherul wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 am Baking this into the base game could be a problematic thing indeed. But Its something that I would consider beneficial so Ill look around if its a possibility at all right now
I have a picture for the chosen that might be able to be worked into an Icon if you're interested, if indeed you find it is possible at all.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/war ... 1006052102

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/ca/ed ... d6e321.jpg

Just food for thought; Thank you for looking into it and I hope that it is indeed a possibility so our wb leads can have visuals rather than having to take the time to whisper people trying to get them to answer what spec prior to an engagement.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Looking at it with the tools we have right now it does not seem like a possibility right now.

The idea is good however.

Tesq

Post#7 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:41 pm

Bad idea if it show the spec both sides, good if it work only your realm wise

Ramasee

Post#8 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:25 pm

You could mod a unit frame mod to allow for a player to pick their trinity role and disseminate that to the community.

So for example add to enemy a check box. The choice of that checkbox could be communicated by the addon to all other members of the party/warband and it would show up on their unit frame.

Ads