Recent Topics

Ads

[Suggestion:] Increase character slots by 4

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Fransens

[Suggestion:] Increase character slots by 4

Post#1 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi all!

I think I know why there 20 character slot restriction per server is a thing... because WAR used to have 20 classes before the Blackguard, Slayer, Chopper and Knight of the Blazing Sun were added, so I get why it is likely there.
Now though we have 4 more classes and since the RoR has one server only (atm?) it would be a real quality of life improvement to once again be able to have a char of every class since we can't go to another server to make one there.

Question is though... is it even do-able with the way the game is coded etc.
I have no idea, not even remotely an expert. Just wondering if we can look forward to that eventually in the future or if it is nothing to get my hopes up.

Apart from tiny hiccups so far RoR has been a blast for me and I am really happy I get to revisit one of my favorite games of all time, so thanks for that as a sidenote. :mrgreen:

Ads
Flavorburst

Re: [Suggestion:] Increase character slots by 4

Post#2 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:17 pm

I think most people just create a second account when they reach the character cap.

GoreFist

Post#3 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:41 pm

I feel like it would just go to a second page for said realm no?
Always had you on farm :lol:
Infidelous/WH RR7x
Lordcorruptous/Chosen RR6x
Dadakaboy/Choppa RR5x
Drsicko/Slayer RR5x
Whiplash/Mara RR5x
Freedumb/Kotbs RR5x
Whiteclaw/WL RR5x

Sulorie

Post#4 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:34 pm

GoreFist wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:41 pm I feel like it would just go to a second page for said realm no?
You get a 2nd page, if you have more than 10(?) chars per realm but you can't have more than 20 total.
Dying is no option.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#5 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:37 pm

after a certain limit things starts to get wonky.

Schmissgesicht

Post#6 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:37 am

is it ok to create a 2nd account to be able to experience the other classes in the game? i checked the rules, guidelines and terms of use, but couldnt find specifics about account limitations