Recent Topics

Ads

lesser wards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
drmordread
Suspended

Re: lesser wards

Post#21 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:32 pm

adamthelc wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:55 am
drmordread wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:28 pm
adamthelc wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:30 pm

How is this relevant? Why do you care about wards if PvE doesnt exist to you?
Because at the moment for many classes PvE gear is BiS for PvP. Does this seem logical? NOPE!!!!!
So you dont think PvE should be worth doing? You shouldnt be able to get anything useful from it?

I understood that from your first post. The fact that you dont think PvE should exist isn't doesnt contribute much to a discussion about PvE.

People have been complaining about PvE gear since ToVL. When new gear is brought into the game, it's usually better than older gear, at least for someone. It's been that way for a long time.

You can stomp your feet and say the game should only be the part that you like, but that doesnt seem to be the reallity.
Since you are completely making up what I said and did not, I think the problem is that you are one of those people that think that because you and or others already had to do it, everyone has to do it. Have fun with that. That is how games die, when they cant grow and change to adapt.

What I and others are saying is this;
The Devs on live saw and understood that having the lesser wards on pve gear was not conducive to the spirit of the game, the flow of the game, and the balance of the game. They WISELY duplicated the wards onto PvP gear as well. This way if you do not want or need Gunbad gear .... YOU DONT HAVE TO DO GUNBAD to use Bastion Stair or Lost Vale gear, or later on ToVL.

As for me, I love dungeons, Lost Vale and ToVL are my favorite. I HATE gunbad, and city. and BS is too freaking long and full of "BS" (pun intended). But, what is the point of doing the dungerons if you cant use the gear till you do gunbad, then do city ... competely broken system and train of progression for a PvP game.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#22 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:07 pm

You can clear Bastion Stair in just over an hour and ten minutes if you really want to.

Manatikik

Post#23 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:13 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:07 pm You can clear Bastion Stair in just over an hour and ten minutes if you really want to.
What set up are you guys using to do that on des?
<Montague><Capulet>

peterthepan3

Post#24 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:19 pm

Manatikik wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:13 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:07 pm You can clear Bastion Stair in just over an hour and ten minutes if you really want to.
What set up are you guys using to do that on des?
DPS DOK/Mara/2H BO/WAAAGH BO/Zealot with armor debuff/DOK with 2nd Covenant

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#25 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:15 pm

drmordread wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:32 pm

Because at the moment for many classes PvE gear is BiS for PvP. Does this seem logical? NOPE!!!!!
So you dont think PvE should be worth doing? You shouldnt be able to get anything useful from it?

I understood that from your first post. The fact that you dont think PvE should exist isn't doesnt contribute much to a discussion about PvE.

People have been complaining about PvE gear since ToVL. When new gear is brought into the game, it's usually better than older gear, at least for someone. It's been that way for a long time.

You can stomp your feet and say the game should only be the part that you like, but that doesnt seem to be the reallity.
Since you are completely making up what I said and did not, I think the problem is that you are one of those people that think that because you and or others already had to do it, everyone has to do it. Have fun with that. That is how games die, when they cant grow and change to adapt.

The Devs on live saw and understood that having the lesser wards on pve gear was not conducive to the spirit of the game, the flow of the game, and the balance of the game. They WISELY duplicated the wards onto PvP gear as well. This way if you do not want or need Gunbad gear .... YOU DONT HAVE TO DO GUNBAD to use Bastion Stair or Lost Vale gear, or later on ToVL.

As for me, I love dungeons, Lost Vale and ToVL are my favorite. I HATE gunbad, and city. and BS is too freaking long and full of "BS" (pun intended). But, what is the point of doing the dungerons if you cant use the gear till you do gunbad, then do city ... competely broken system and train of progression for a PvP game.
And this killed PvE outside Tovl and LV . You hardly found any group for city dungeons / gunbad / Bastion , those area were ghost town .
Also , it’s nice to remember that you could access all dungeon with renown gear , but you seems to forgot that loot were not guaranteed to class present , and no gear quest neither . I think , even if you have to run all dungeon to keep pve alive for everyone , it’s faster to get full pve set here than on live .
No one is forced to do anything , you can have very good gear in sc , orvr and fortress and soon city siege . I don’t see a reason to complain on PvE .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

adamthelc

Post#26 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:33 pm

drmordread wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:32 pm

I cant stand Gunbad so I haven't done much PvE, but I have accepted the way they made it. I would also like it if wards worked the same way as live, but there is some logic to their reason even if I dont agree with them.

Your argument that PvP should give wards is fine for the topic. You just contradicted yourself when you said that PvP was the point of the game, yet you wanted to get wards to do PvE. I made some extreme deductions that you didnt say, that's true. That was for effect to try and highlight how your argument was flawed.

If you want PvP to give wards, I have no problem with that. You just need a better argument than this game is all about PvP.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#27 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:21 am

Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:15 pm And this killed PvE outside Tovl and LV . You hardly found any group for city dungeons / gunbad / Bastion , those area were ghost town .
You already fixed this "problem" with the op ring+talisman you made available with city dungeons and bastion stairs. This argument is only viable for gunbad as long as you are sensitive with further gear progression.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#28 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:48 am

Arbich wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:21 am
Grunbag wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:15 pm And this killed PvE outside Tovl and LV . You hardly found any group for city dungeons / gunbad / Bastion , those area were ghost town .
You already fixed this "problem" with the op ring+talisman you made available with city dungeons and bastion stairs. This argument is only viable for gunbad as long as you are sensitive with further gear progression.
So now it’s easier to find a group for pve . It seems rewards keep it attractive .

We need you to run dungeons so the community can find easily a group to join if they want to . Similar to oRvR , it’s easy to find a group and join to play.

Being able to jump straight to your level content and ignore previous one would make the zone empty . Same would happen in rvr : let say you don’t be have to run rvr campaign to unlock fortress , but only have to unlock the renown requirement (so you can enter fortress zone at renown 60 and you would be able to only play fortresses) . As you already have done the conqueror set you don’t want to do oRvR anymore and stay all the time in fortress zone because you’re only interested by invader . All rr 60 player will do the same , and at the same time , oRvR areas would be more empty . So any new player or lower renown whiling to do oRvR would have harder time to find a group / take zone cause less player to fight or play with .
This is why we made the campaign start with t2 zone , so we know that no zone are wasted or empty and everyone can join and play . We are following the same logic for pve , and trying to get as much players as possible playing ALL content . So the game is not dead .

Ads
Akilinus

Post#29 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Grunbag wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:48 am
So now it’s easier to find a group for pve . It seems rewards keep it attractive .

We need you to run dungeons so the community can find easily a group to join if they want to . Similar to oRvR , it’s easy to find a group and join to play.

Being able to jump straight to your level content and ignore previous one would make the zone empty . Same would happen in rvr : let say you don’t be have to run rvr campaign to unlock fortress , but only have to unlock the renown requirement (so you can enter fortress zone at renown 60 and you would be able to only play fortresses) . As you already have done the conqueror set you don’t want to do oRvR anymore and stay all the time in fortress zone because you’re only interested by invader . All rr 60 player will do the same , and at the same time , oRvR areas would be more empty . So any new player or lower renown whiling to do oRvR would have harder time to find a group / take zone cause less player to fight or play with .
This is why we made the campaign start with t2 zone , so we know that no zone are wasted or empty and everyone can join and play . We are following the same logic for pve , and trying to get as much players as possible playing ALL content . So the game is not dead .
You still get this problem. When there is a fort going the rest of the server is dead.
Almost no sc pops, no RvR zones, and if you dare to do pve while there is a fort going on you are brave.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#30 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:41 pm

Akilinus wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:29 pm
Grunbag wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:48 am

You still get this problem. When there is a fort going the rest of the server is dead.
Almost no sc pops, no RvR zones, and if you dare to do pve while there is a fort going on you are brave.
That’s why we won’t make pve wards like on live .