Recent Topics

Ads

lesser wards

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adamthelc

Re: lesser wards

Post#11 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:30 pm

drmordread wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:13 pm
toffikx wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 pm I hate to brake it to you, but pve is designed in that way, just as the long grinds for scenario gear. Why? To keep you playing.
I play to PvP, not PvE. At least the devs on live figured out that for a PvP game the wards should be on PvP gear.

And YES!!! WAR is a PvP game only. When your main stats rely on Renown, and Renown is only rewarded through PvP ... then it is a PvP game.
How is this relevant? Why do you care about wards if PvE doesnt exist to you?

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:19 am

Herthin wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:19 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:52 pm Idk at 9 hours of gunbad spread out over 3-9 days doesn’t seem that bad (and that’s if you don’t get a single piece dropped and only from quests). Join a guild and gunbad is a joke.
I dont agree with Op and i dont agree with you either. You count PERFECT runs.
You dont count in the time that it actually takes to build a grp. I usally drop after 1h shouting for ppl on PRIMETIME. Longest time i ever took to assemble a grp was EIGHT hours - will do this never ever again.
Even with announcing it DAYS before on dedicated discord servers.
If you are in a guild that is just not into PvE u fecked again.
If the ppl (from the guild) dont get the difference between RvR and PvE you are fecked again and might be even better off with Pugs.
And Pug PvE is just pure nightmare.

I got 5 toons geared in gunbad to this point, i have been through everthing including 5h stuck in left wing.
And NOT killing the Boss in the end.
Now i just leave grps after a few wipes or even one when i see it wont work, i dont bother anymore to talk to walls of ignorance.

Best results i had was when i was forcing ppl into comms.
And i was ridiculed for it by ppl that was carried through it over ingame chats. *slowclap*

@OP Out of my view its very damn generous to get your stuff guaranteed after 3 successful runs, havent seen that on any other game that ive played so far. Gunbad was nerfed to bits compared to launch.
EVEN THE MOBCOUNT ON PQs WAS REDUCED!!!111!!eleven

You have always the chance 1/6 to get your stuff in the run, 2/6 if you convince the same class to run with you while having the stuff already. Even the dang boots and gloves you can now get from quests.
This stands in no relation to the ammount of grind you need in oRvR where u can wait months for your stuff because you pull out 5 times in a row the boots out of the GBag.
A shame one cant get killquest full with lockout anymore tho.

The problem with Gunbad or any PvE content for that matter is (mostly) not the design, its the lack of commitment by the community.
Get proper setups, proper specs, get in comms, do good and stop wasting your own and 5 other ppl time
= profit but i guess thats too much asked.
Asking for a 116,6% dropchance is the absoulute high point.

NO NO NO NO NO NO
Stop playing with trash, play with a Guild that values Guild-wide progression, stop playing in bad compositions, and Gunbad is **** easy.

While I despise having to do Gunbad on each character, it is a pisseasy dungeon, it has been nerfed 100 times to facilitate to incessant whiners (such as yourself, I'd wager), and people whining about it (despite the fact that you can amass your entire set within 2 weeks) are - 9 times out of 10 - lazy, self-righteous blobbers who are used to having free gear given to them for merely existing in the game.

I guess such a reaction is inevitable, given the transition from being given out RvR stuff like candy, to actually having to put in a modicum of work for your gear.

I got my DPS DOK from no Redeye whatsoever to Bloodlord + Bloodlord Weapons within 2 months. Stop being lazy and self-deprecating; you're fooling noone.

mubbl

Post#13 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:37 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 pm
mubbl wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:54 pm Pve takes even less time compared to pvp
To be fair

PvP dosnt have ~2 day lockouts of lakes/keeps/forts and warbands are far more and open that dungeon parties who only want specific roles or classes at a certain time
Yes, thats right. But for wb only pug have no restrictions for classes. Its quite rare to get more then on goldbag a day, atleast for me, but i also stop cheesing rvr system for quite some time.
You also can do pve with half or 4/6 peeps with lookout and you still get your drops if not affected by lockout

Manatikik

Post#14 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:58 am

Manatikik wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:52 pm Idk at 9 hours of gunbad spread out over 3-9 days doesn’t seem that bad (and that’s if you don’t get a single piece dropped and only from quests). Join a guild and gunbad is a joke.
You dont count in the time that it actually takes to build a grp. I usally drop after 1h shouting for ppl on PRIMETIME. Longest time i ever took to assemble a grp was EIGHT hours - will do this never ever again.
If the ppl (from the guild) dont get the difference between RvR and PvE you are fecked again and might be even better off with Pugs.

I got 5 toons geared in gunbad to this point, i have been through everthing including 5h stuck in left wing.
Now i just leave grps after a few wipes or even one when i see it wont work, i dont bother anymore to talk to walls of ignorance.

And i was ridiculed for it by ppl that was carried through it over ingame chats. *slowclap*

@OP Out of my view its very damn generous to get your stuff guaranteed after 3 successful runs, havent seen that on any other game that ive played so far. Gunbad was nerfed to bits compared to launch.

You have always the chance 1/6 to get your stuff in the run, 2/6 if you convince the same class to run with you while having the stuff already. Even the dang boots and gloves you can now get from quests.
This stands in no relation to the ammount of grind you need in oRvR where u can wait months for your stuff because you pull out 5 times in a row the boots out of the GBag.

The problem with Gunbad or any PvE content for that matter is (mostly) not the design, its the lack of commitment by the community.
Get proper setups, proper specs, get in comms, do good and stop wasting your own and 5 other ppl time

NO NO NO NO NO NO
Idk. I don’t do Gunbad at Eu prime but it never takes me more than 15-20 minutes to fill a group. With all the nerfs every wing is easily doable in less than an hour ( that’s far from a perfect run, it’s an easy dungeon at this point if you’re wiping you’re doing stuff wrong). If you’re guild isn’t doing the content that you are interested in or playing at a level you desire - leave your guild and find one that aligns with what you’re looking at. Saying people don’t have proper specs as an argument is weak as **** - mastery respecs are free, rr needs are the same in both applications with the only difference being block vs 2h (but if you are a WB tank player it’s literally the same), and you can be in low quality gear and do gunbad flawlessly.

People act like any form of effort is the enemy as opposed to just logging in and mindless joining a Pug WB. It’s an MMO, it should take organization and commitment to get stuff done.
<Montague><Capulet>

Herthin

Post#15 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:28 am

Manatikik wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:58 am
Spoiler:

NO NO NO NO NO NO
Saying people don’t have proper specs as an argument is weak as **** - mastery respecs are free, rr needs are the same in both applications with the only difference being block vs 2h (but if you are a WB tank player it’s literally the same), and you can be in low quality gear and do gunbad flawlessly.

People act like any form of effort is the enemy as opposed to just logging in and mindless joining a Pug WB. It’s an MMO, it should take organization and commitment to get stuff done.
How is the argument weak when i have observed it multible times, including ppl that think its a valid excuse that they play "just an alt".
Seen the same Shaman join 2 groups with the same gear - no talismans equipped in some pieces completely patchworked equip for BB. Needless to say how it went.
May be an extreme example but if someone runs around like a bum i dont expect to see the specs any better.
Aside from that one can see what they have and what they dont have for the most parts.
When they dont have what they should have on certain encounters like e.g. groupcleanses its very obvious the particular persons have no clue what they are doing.

Sure its free and the trainers stand even in the lobbies doesnt even need huge brains... and here your second point kicks in what i can totally agree with.

peterthepan3 wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:19 am incessant whiners (such as yourself, I'd wager)
What else are you betting on mate? Since i want to eat 3x Kobe a day not just once, seems safe to bet on the opposite stuff than you do... :twisted:

Maybe i should take more english classes.

Your fast building groups with decent people do not exist for me in the most times i play - and i play more that it is good for me.
But since its my personal xp as a casual and not semi or full hc... *shrug*

im outta here have fun

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:34 am

I will send you my guild Discord if you want to do some PvE on either side. We'll help gear you up.

Not unsympathetic to your plight, and I do know that it can be a bit challenging (initially) to form PvE groups if you don't have a lot of people within your vicinity eager to help you.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#17 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:28 pm

adamthelc wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:30 pm
toffikx wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:47 pm I hate to brake it to you, but pve is designed in that way, just as the long grinds for scenario gear. Why? To keep you playing.
I play to PvP, not PvE. At least the devs on live figured out that for a PvP game the wards should be on PvP gear.

And YES!!! WAR is a PvP game only. When your main stats rely on Renown, and Renown is only rewarded through PvP ... then it is a PvP game.
Because at the moment for many classes PvE gear is BiS for PvP. Does this seem logical? NOPE!!!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

peterthepan3

Post#18 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:07 pm

drmordread wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:28 pm

Because at the moment for many classes PvE gear is BiS for PvP. Does this seem logical? NOPE!!!!!
1) While the focus of the game has always been PvP, there have always been PvE elements - and this includes Dungeons.

2) What would be the point in doing PvE if the gear you got from it was only useful in PvE? Why would you go through Gunbad, get the gear, go through Sentinel dungeons, get the gear, go through BS, get the gear...just to use it in the same Dungeons you just did?

Ads
adamthelc

Post#19 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:55 am

drmordread wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:28 pm

So you dont think PvE should be worth doing? You shouldnt be able to get anything useful from it?

I understood that from your first post. The fact that you dont think PvE should exist isn't doesnt contribute much to a discussion about PvE.

People have been complaining about PvE gear since ToVL. When new gear is brought into the game, it's usually better than older gear, at least for someone. It's been that way for a long time.

You can stomp your feet and say the game should only be the part that you like, but that doesnt seem to be the reallity.

grendel1892

Post#20 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:03 am

For what it's worth I Sympathize with the OP. Doing With Pugs can be frustrating, Even if you get your gear in 2 months, if you did forts for 2 months you would have full invader so why Bother with PvE gear? I enjoy some of the dungeons, but tbh the grind to get my Character through all three is Frustrating. I have done GB and cleared the a wing in 38 Minutes, and the next time it took 3 hours. Seeing the diff Really strikes home some players capabilities. Like PtP said find a guild that will support you in your mission, or make friends with people who have similar goals. if you happen to play order during NA times Train Wreck has been running Regular PvE runs in the evenings.
I wonder if it would be possible to Pay gold to Bypass Lockout timers someday. That would allow people to gear up a little faster, and make a good group even more valuable. but probably not since that would just entail the rich getting gear faster n easier than poorer new players. sigh..
I smash things on Bolimor (WP) :shock:
I heal Peoplez on Mewanna Party (RP) :o
I guard the slayer on Igurd (SM) :D
I shootz arrows on Frigi Dare (SW) :(