Recent Topics

Ads

RR61 weapons requiring RR45 weapons

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
rmpl

RR61 weapons requiring RR45 weapons

Post#1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:47 am

Why not just increase the cost of RR61 instead? I don't want to lose the RR45 weapons because I use them for appearance.

Ads
HongTen

Re: RR61 weapons requiring RR45 weapons

Post#2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:05 am

well. get the 2nd one :)
Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati

rmpl

Post#3 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:08 am

i know but it still seems like an unnecessary hassle

Sulorie

Post#4 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:28 am

rmpl wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:47 am Why not just increase the cost of RR61 instead? I don't want to lose the RR45 weapons because I use them for appearance.
The price is actually increased to 1800 opp emblems for both weapons together.
Dying is no option.

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:43 am

After the RR45 weps were made worse for DPS than Subjugator weapons (which you can get by simply walking into an active zone and derping around for 10 minutes), as well as random purple Harbinger weapons, the costs should have been gutted right after. I don't understand why the RR45 weapons were the ones being gutted when you factor in the time needed to get one vs other alternatives, but hey-ho.

If RR45 is to be kept as a prerequisite, then perhaps we should reduce the cost of its acquisition when you factor in how (comparatively) meh it is when compared to the alternatives.

Josewales

Post#6 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:27 pm

There are other MMOs that offer the same instance PvP game experience and better pve. I play RoR to ORvR. Devs need to match the weaps. I don’t care how long it takes to grind ORvR to achieve weapons that are equivalent in stats. I refuse to support a distraction from ORvR by chasing such carrots.

Even the healer classes are forced to get side tracked if they want dps gear.

No thank you. If I feel gimped due to this, then I will stop playing.

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:49 pm

Josewales wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:27 pm There are other MMOs that offer the same instance PvP game experience and better pve. I play RoR to ORvR. Devs need to match the weaps. I don’t care how long it takes to grind ORvR to achieve weapons that are equivalent in stats. I refuse to support a distraction from ORvR by chasing such carrots.

Even the healer classes are forced to get side tracked if they want dps gear.

No thank you. If I feel gimped due to this, then I will stop playing.
While I'm not a fan of forced, incessant grinds (regardless of whether or not it's PvP or PvE), your false sense of entitlement is unwarranted: the game has a plethora of different things to do, and is not solely an RvR game, so your 'ultimatum' is flawed, and you should probably seek out new pastures.

PvE and SC should offer great alternatives to RvR to incentivise people coming out of their comfort zones; believe it or not, not everyone likes mindless zerging, too.

Tesq

Post#8 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:25 pm

ye kinda sad see you're require to trade 1 specific of 2 weapons to progress; considering any set have diff stats what if i need shield A instead shield B for next gear progression? i need to re do 2 shields for buy a 3rd one? why this trade condition as even ever be put in game?? There was no need since sc are alredy played few or you wanna even more destroy whats left. ?_? .. ???

you know what this is called?

pay to be able to pay again and it's something there was in chaos space marine codex in 6th/7th ed.

hated it, and gw in fact cutted it out from all codex in 8th. Some units were basically useless like that. dont make the same ideolocial mistake remove those absurd pay to be able to pay conditions and just put an higher cost.....
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:37 pm

The weapons are worse than the PvE equivalents, so there's no justification for having them as grindy as they are.

Maybe attach the 5% dmg/-armor/tough debuff to the rr61s, and people wouldn't mind the grind so much. I can't think of a reason why not, given that both PvE and SC are minigames. :D