Recent Topics

Ads

AoE damage

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Ysaran

AoE damage

Post#1 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:09 pm

I would like to suggest to remove damage penality from the right mastery tree tactic of SH/SW/Slayer/Choppa.
They already have lower targets cap on the skill (SH/SW 1, Slayer/Choppa 3) compared to Sorc/BW (9 by default).
They do phisical damage, and thus their attacks are mitigated by armor (which is capped at 75%), while Sorc/BW do magical damage, and thus their attacks are mitigated by resist (which are capped at 40%).
They have lower base damage compared to Sorc/BW.
Last edited by Ysaran on Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zputadenti

Ads
Panodil

Re: AoE damage

Post#2 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:18 pm

But melee have armor penetration from WS and gear/tactics. Magic casters dont have resist penetration.
Just want to add it :)
Panodil WP
Panodill DoK
Panodilz Zealot
Panodilr Runepriest
Run Shaman
Panage Archmage

Ysaran

Post#3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:43 pm

This is true, but caster have higher base damage to compensate
Zputadenti

Jastojan

Post#4 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:43 pm This is true, but caster have higher base damage to compensate
Higher base dmg but for a big price. Sorc has a HUGE backlash. Even if the spell is disrupted. I get backlash for -750 dmg for 1 disrupted Chillwind! The chillwind does NOT hit so hard to get so big backlash. Does it sound fair to you? Not to me. I think devs should consider the amount of backlash too. It si not fair especially if you want to compare melee or spell dmg of classes. For example WL is melee and has realy BIG burst but WL does not pay for it. Sorc has a big burst but Sorc pays much for it. And I wrote nothing about disrupts... did u ever try to make full rotation on a healer without a disrupt? Almost impossible. But I get almost every dot even from low lvl AMs everytime (without disrupt). So it is not so simple as it looks to dmg as a caster.

Tesq

Post#5 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:06 pm

probably on squig/sw yes, on choppa/slayer on the other side.....

Ramasee

Post#6 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:09 pm snip
To back this claim, you should post the damage formulae for the abilities in question

Ysaran

Post#7 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 pm

Ramasee wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 pm
To back this claim, you should post the damage formulae for the abilities in question
sadly i dont know how to find them but you can look in game or on builder to see the base tooltip damage and compare it.
Jastojan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm
Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:43 pm This is true, but caster have higher base damage to compensate
Higher base dmg but for a big price. Sorc has a HUGE backlash. Even if the spell is disrupted. I get backlash for -750 dmg for 1 disrupted Chillwind! The chillwind does NOT hit so hard to get so big backlash. Does it sound fair to you? Not to me. I think devs should consider the amount of backlash too. It si not fair especially if you want to compare melee or spell dmg of classes. For example WL is melee and has realy BIG burst but WL does not pay for it. Sorc has a big burst but Sorc pays much for it. And I wrote nothing about disrupts... did u ever try to make full rotation on a healer without a disrupt? Almost impossible. But I get almost every dot even from low lvl AMs everytime (without disrupt). So it is not so simple as it looks to dmg as a caster.
what you say is true, but Sorc/BW have planty of AoE ability while SH/SW need to slot a tactic to get one and if they do so the ability will suffer a -30% damage malus. Considering that squig do less base damage and this damage is decreased by 30% why should i get a ranged squig in my wb instead of a sorc? no reason at all!
Tesq wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:06 pm probably on squig/sw yes, on choppa/slayer on the other side.....
yes, for choppa/slayer is a minor problem, they can do well anyway. but both suffer from tactic starvation, at least this would useful to slot "Extra choppin' " without "Wot Rulez?"
Zputadenti

peterthepan3

Post#8 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Jastojan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm For example WL is melee and has realy BIG burst but WL does not pay for it. Sorc has a big burst but Sorc pays much for it. And I wrote nothing about disrupts... did u ever try to make full rotation on a healer without a disrupt? Almost impossible. But I get almost every dot even from low lvl AMs everytime (without disrupt). So it is not so simple as it looks to dmg as a caster.
WL does 'pay for it' in the form of a pet that can be killed within a few GCDs, lol.

Sorcerer backlash is really nothing too potent outside of solo pug environments; good healers can keep you afloat with ease and alleviate the backlash with some HoTs for the majority of the time.

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#9 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Panodil wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:18 pm But melee have armor penetration from WS and gear/tactics. Magic casters dont have resist penetration.
Just want to add it :)
Yes they do

They have access to resist debuffs from various sources

Jastojan

Post#10 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:32 pm

Ysaran wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:25 pm
Ramasee wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:09 pm
sadly i dont know how to find them but you can look in game or on builder to see the base tooltip damage and compare it.
Jastojan wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:04 pm
what you say is true, but Sorc/BW have planty of AoE ability while SH/SW need to slot a tactic to get one and if they do so the ability will suffer a -30% damage malus. Considering that squig do less base damage and this damage is decreased by 30% why should i get a ranged squig in my wb instead of a sorc? no reason at all!
I understand you. To be honest I start play this game because of ranged SW. I though it will be fun. But I was very wrong. Even 50+ RR my burst sucks. The same is SH. It is hard to meet ranged SH if it is not 70+ RR. I realy dont understand why these ranged are so low. Their dmg realy sucks. This is true.