Recent Topics

Ads

Fort disconnect/leave exploit

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tesq

Re: Fort disconnect/leave exploit

Post#31 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am
Tesq wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:58 am Play the pvp strategically.to win 2 fort (as the game suppose require for city istance) is an exploit but order zerging chaos which have a bottom door big as a boat it isn't, classic....

//////////////////////////////////////////////

There was 10 min of step 1 before each fortress start, order could book aswell and take easily portal in dorf or def zone.

1-they would had a head up in first fortress with flags

2-start fairly the second potentialy winnig it too

3- to note destru doing this loose reservation

This metod is a bold move which only show how much badly order reacted to this.
It's clearly advantageus for orders more than destru. It work only if there are total unware of game stuff ppl onto the other side or we keep push till it was very late and ppl had to log out. All it takes is open social window or use zone pop and keep play till the end.

#clearlyanexploit
#neverfixthemawdoor
#postsuggestioninbalanceforum

Will you ever fix something that "order" take advantage of or keep pretend here we are the only bad guy getting unjustified advantage? and i add with the same speed as you are showing deal with this "exploit".

I think you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. It's not like the guy who work on forts, Natherul, mains destro, right?
must be self faction hate ther is no otehr explaination for alow order push costantly chaos becausr they can have an unfair advantage; PROVE ME WRONG!!

even today order midnless zerging cw before we stopped them they jsut all know that chaos bottom si undefeadable so if ppl in fort a bit less skill than attackers the maw is ez mode.

again this is unfair order have easiet fortress to attack (chaos) and easiest fortress to def (dwarf)

Ads
jasonX
Suspended

Post#32 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am

Kaowiec wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 am I guess its gona work same way if order attack forts and it will be unfair for destros in same way as it was for us. This is why its expoloit because only one side can benefit from the situation.
Sorry to break it to you but the attackers dont get loots on the second fort due to having left it previously even if in the end they re-enter and win it. So actually the attackers dont benefit from the situation. Its the usual 30k RPs and the 4 invader medals. The only reason we enter back in is for fun. Yesterday almost none of the attackers got loots or bags on the second fort since only 3-4 people were inside since the beginning got loots.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#33 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 pm

jasonX wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am
Kaowiec wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:03 am I guess its gona work same way if order attack forts and it will be unfair for destros in same way as it was for us. This is why its expoloit because only one side can benefit from the situation.
Sorry to break it to you but the attackers dont get loots on the second fort due to having left it previously even if in the end they re-enter and win it. So actually the attackers dont benefit from the situation. Its the usual 30k RPs and the 4 invader medals. The only reason we enter back in is for fun. Yesterday almost none of the attackers got loots or bags on the second fort since only 3-4 people were inside since the beginning got loots.
This is factually incorrect with what the code does, however it does not matter since in the next patch you will not be able to enter a second fort.
Tesq wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 am
Tesq wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:58 am Play the pvp strategically.to win 2 fort (as the game suppose require for city istance) is an exploit but order zerging chaos which have a bottom door big as a boat it isn't, classic....

//////////////////////////////////////////////

There was 10 min of step 1 before each fortress start, order could book aswell and take easily portal in dorf or def zone.

1-they would had a head up in first fortress with flags

2-start fairly the second potentialy winnig it too

3- to note destru doing this loose reservation

This metod is a bold move which only show how much badly order reacted to this.
It's clearly advantageus for orders more than destru. It work only if there are total unware of game stuff ppl onto the other side or we keep push till it was very late and ppl had to log out. All it takes is open social window or use zone pop and keep play till the end.

#clearlyanexploit
#neverfixthemawdoor
#postsuggestioninbalanceforum

Will you ever fix something that "order" take advantage of or keep pretend here we are the only bad guy getting unjustified advantage? and i add with the same speed as you are showing deal with this "exploit".

I think you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. It's not like the guy who work on forts, Natherul, mains destro, right?
must be self faction hate ther is no otehr explaination for alow order push costantly chaos becausr they can have an unfair advantage; PROVE ME WRONG!!

even today order midnless zerging cw before we stopped them they jsut all know that chaos bottom si undefeadable so if ppl in fort a bit less skill than attackers the maw is ez mode.

again this is unfair order have easiet fortress to attack (chaos) and easiest fortress to def (dwarf)
Prove you wrong when its mythic assets? I dont make changes to benefit either realm

jasonX
Suspended

Post#34 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:07 pm

There is one simple solution to all this.

-Make contribution in forts work like in any other normal RvR lake.
Get the RP, crests and bonus on roll reward to work towards kills, flag capping and healing as it is happening in the main RvR lake.
This means: If i enter a fort and leave it I wont get any loot and RP. If I enter a fort fight for 10 mins kill 10 peeps and leave then I shouldnt take 30k RP rather than like 1.5K RP and have a +50 low contribution. This is fair and square.

-Then fix the bug that does not allow defenders to enter the second fort. They should be allowed to jump to whichever fort they will and the IC/Aldorf portals would give them an advantage due to being next to eachother against the attackers.

In my opinion you should not limit the dynamics of split pushing. it makes the game much more competitive and rewards the most disciplined, resilient and organized warbands. Plus it favors people joining organized guilds and gets the RvR experience to a whole new level.
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer

Tesq

Post#35 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:19 pm

Natherul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:02 pm
This is factually incorrect with what the code does, however it does not matter since in the next patch you will not be able to enter a second fort.

Prove you wrong when its mythic assets? I dont make changes to benefit either realm

man....exatly, doors sich was alredy like this before any postern change; so that mean anyone who would had made any change would had perfeclty know/clear that ppl would had resolt to bottom funnels.......

hence why anyone check before push a change like that if the sich was fair? idk ..... rvr is not about pet a puppet, it's about positionin and such.....it's the first thing it should be check....sigh......

the 2x push is a way to deal with this problem destru have, for order it's just a surplus......tell me how we should push inside bottom at dwarf in prime time where ther is a bit of organized defense (pure madness) or how we should def the maw when full blob wb can just pass trough the door with out even bodyblock eachother..... problem has been created

even today order pushed till cw ignoring all other pairing, it's crystal clear that they have an easy way to get into fortress and they are using it but i dont think any dev ( in what 2 weeks of fortress with out postern) have done anything till now...
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#36 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:23 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:19 pm

man....exatly, doors sich was alredy like this before any postern change; so that mean anyone who would had made any change would had perfeclty know/clear that ppl would had resolt to bottom funnels.......

hence why anyone check before push a change like that if the sich was fair? idk ..... rvr is not about pet a puppet, it's about positionin and such.....it's the first thing it should be check....sigh......

the 2x push is a way to deal with this problem destru have, for order it's just a surplus......

even today order pushed till cw ignoring all other pairing, it's crystal clear that they have an easy way to get into fortress and they are using it but i dont think any dev ( in what 2 month of fortress ) have done anything till now...
I have seriously 0 clue on what your trying to say with that message. But the only thing I get out of this is that you see bottom floor defence as something bad which I dont.

Tesq

Post#37 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Spoiler:
Natherul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:23 pm

the 2x push is a way to deal with this problem destru have, for order it's just a surplus......

even today order pushed till cw ignoring all other pairing, it's crystal clear that they have an easy way to get into fortress and they are using it but i dont think any dev ( in what 2 month of fortress ) have done anything till now...
I have seriously 0 clue on what your trying to say with that message. But the only thing I get out of this is that you see bottom floor defence as something bad which I dont.
man IM NOT AGAINST BOTTOM

I AM AGAINST ORDER HAVEING BETTER DEFENDABLE / ATTACKEBLE DOOR THEN US

GO INTO MY FEEDBACK THREAD ABOUT GREENSKIN/DWARF FORTRESS THERE ARE ALL IMAGES WHICH PROVE EVERYTHING

SICH IS NOT FAIR , SOLVE IT SINCE IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY AFTER POSTERN LOCK
Last edited by Tesq on Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

oaliaen

Post#38 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:26 pm

Wait...Destro take two forts and order cant join the second because locked in first ? Seems a unintended exploit.. But do as Gitbane said above, maybe it can be resolved.

Ads
Tesq

Post#39 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 pm

repetitia iuvant....
Spoiler:

Butchers Pass vs Stonewatch (pretty same in terms of "funnel lenght", but compare the door width)

Fell landing vs Shine (actually this is ONLY similar entrance between order and destro)

Maw vs Reik (no comments, just a joke)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#40 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:35 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:26 pm
Spoiler:

man IM NOT AGAINST BOTTOM

I AM AGAINST ORDER HAVEING BETTER DEFENDABLE / ATTACKEBLE DOOR THEN US

GO INTO MY FEEDBACK THREAD ABOUT GREENSKIN/DWARF FORTRESS THERE ARE ALL IMAGES WHICH PROVE EVERYTHING

SICH IS NOT FAIR , SOLVE IT SINCE IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY AFTER POSTERN LOCK
Writing in caps does NOT make it easier to understand you. Also posterns have always been locked on RoR for forts. And may I remind you that we are precious few devs working on the game so changes can take time to implement. Forts are not something I would consider fully done with whats laid out yet either.

As for the size of doors its something that we are looking into.