Recent Topics

Ads

Fort disconnect/leave exploit

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Fort disconnect/leave exploit

Post#21 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:44 am

same player swapping to another fort while one is already in progress was an oversight when coding and has been addressed in the next patch as well as the issue with joining one and then leaving and reaping rewards.

Ads
Tesq

Post#22 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:58 am

Play the pvp strategically.to win 2 fort (as the game suppose require for city istance) is an exploit but order zerging chaos which have a bottom door big as a boat it isn't, classic....

//////////////////////////////////////////////

There was 10 min of step 1 before each fortress start, order could book aswell and take easily portal in dorf or def zone.

1-they would had a head up in first fortress with flags

2-start fairly the second potentialy winnig it too

3- to note destru doing this loose reservation

This metod is a bold move which only show how much badly order reacted to this.
It's clearly advantageus for orders more than destru. It work only if there are total unware of game stuff ppl onto the other side or we keep push till it was very late and ppl had to log out. All it takes is open social window or use zone pop and keep play till the end.

#clearlyanexploit
#neverfixthemawdoor
#postsuggestioninbalanceforum

Will you ever fix something that "order" take advantage of or keep pretend here we are the only bad guy getting unjustified advantage? and i add with the same speed as you are showing deal with this "exploit".

Manatikik

Post#23 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:42 am

Natherul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:44 am same player swapping to another fort while one is already in progress was an oversight when coding and has been addressed in the next patch as well as the issue with joining one and then leaving and reaping rewards.
This only affects joining a second fortress, correct?
<Montague><Capulet>

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#24 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:42 am
Natherul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:44 am same player swapping to another fort while one is already in progress was an oversight when coding and has been addressed in the next patch as well as the issue with joining one and then leaving and reaping rewards.
two separate issues and solutions.

Manatikik

Post#25 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:45 am

Natherul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 am
Just trying to clarify, let’s say I get a reservation is the system where you just have to zone in to the fort to get 30k RR still there so if you don’t have time to finish the fortress you can still get the base reward?
<Montague><Capulet>

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#26 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:50 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:45 am
Natherul wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:43 am

Just trying to clarify, let’s say I get a reservation is the system where you just have to zone in to the fort to get 30k RR still there so if you don’t have time to finish the fortress you can still get the base reward?
just joining one and not doing anything will give you no rewards.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#27 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:58 am

Manatikik wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 am
Hargrim wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:57 am
Manatikik wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:01 am I think people need to re-evaluate what an ‘exploit’ is...

Let me help you:

In video games, an exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or level design etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit
Was people not participating in two forts not intended? Cause if not that just seems like a poor decision by the staff. If you can manage to take two forts at the same time (especially while it’s end game content) why wouldn’t you want people to be able to benefit from their actions?

How can a person be in two places at the same time to truly participate? Please look at bold parts of quote I provided and Natheruls and mine comments. Yes, it was not intended for players to enter a fort with a character, leave it 60 seconds later, enter another fort, leave it 60 seconds later, log out from game, get currency for your "participation" when the fight is done, in the meantime log another character, rinse, repeat.

Not sure who do you think is the stupid one here, but you asked for a definition of what exploit is, and hey, every day is a school day and you learned something new today.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#28 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:13 am

Tesq wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:58 am Play the pvp strategically.to win 2 fort (as the game suppose require for city istance) is an exploit but order zerging chaos which have a bottom door big as a boat it isn't, classic....

//////////////////////////////////////////////

There was 10 min of step 1 before each fortress start, order could book aswell and take easily portal in dorf or def zone.

1-they would had a head up in first fortress with flags

2-start fairly the second potentialy winnig it too

3- to note destru doing this loose reservation

This metod is a bold move which only show how much badly order reacted to this.
It's clearly advantageus for orders more than destru. It work only if there are total unware of game stuff ppl onto the other side or we keep push till it was very late and ppl had to log out. All it takes is open social window or use zone pop and keep play till the end.

#clearlyanexploit
#neverfixthemawdoor
#postsuggestioninbalanceforum

Will you ever fix something that "order" take advantage of or keep pretend here we are the only bad guy getting unjustified advantage? and i add with the same speed as you are showing deal with this "exploit".

I think you need to adjust your tinfoil hat. It's not like the guy who work on forts, Natherul, mains destro, right?

Ads
Drittalv

Post#29 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 am

Hargrim wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:58 am
Manatikik wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:39 am
Hargrim wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:57 am

Let me help you:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_exploit
Was people not participating in two forts not intended? Cause if not that just seems like a poor decision by the staff. If you can manage to take two forts at the same time (especially while it’s end game content) why wouldn’t you want people to be able to benefit from their actions?

How can a person be in two places at the same time to truly participate? Please look at bold parts of quote I provided and Natheruls and mine comments. Yes, it was not intended for players to enter a fort with a character, leave it 60 seconds later, enter another fort, leave it 60 seconds later, log out from game, get currency for your "participation" when the fight is done, in the meantime log another character, rinse, repeat.

Not sure who do you think is the stupid one here, but you asked for a definition of what exploit is, and hey, every day is a school day and you learned something new today.
The double fort push that happened a couple of days ago that is being discussed here didn't really go like that. We first pushed KV to fort, entered and left to push eataine (i see how this is not ideal but please stay with me). After pushing Eataine quite alot of order actually reacted to what we did and switched for to stop us. Big creds to those guys for that. Nontheless we won the elf fort quickly and then moved back to dwarf fort to try winning that despite the extremely long 2nd phase.

This is where i would say the problem or unintentional "exploit" happened as it seems like the order who did what imho was the best tactical choice, and went to defend the elf fort were were then unable to rejoin the dwarf fort later on. Our two WoM warbands and the FMJ warband on the other hand had no problems getting back into the dwarf fort. We would probably not have been avle to kill the lord in the dwarf fort if order were allowed to rejoin the instance and this is a shame. After speaking with some of the order who were online at the time this seems to me to be a bug and destro were unaware of this so calling it an exploit is kind of inaccurate i would say.

To my knowledge none of the destro that left the dwarf fort to then come back later got any more rewards than the 4 medalions that you now get from leaving/dc'ing a keep which is fine by me. But i do not think it is fair to say that we did not contribute in both forts even tho we sadly met less resistance in the dwarf fort than we should have because of the apparent portal bug.

jasonX
Suspended

Post#30 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:39 am

bctakhy wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:10 am
Sorry, some weeks i dont play, maybe i missed anything. Why defenders cant leave fort? I check pop all time and there where room in both fortess all time, for both sides. Or u mean by cant leave, u dont wanted risk u spot in fort like attackers did?
Well amen to logic!!!

By the way some order warbands left the defence in the double fort push we did like 5 days ago to face us at the second fort.
The fight was intense! Congrats to those that managed to pull their warbands out of a defence and guaranteed loot. I know its a hard thing to do especially with pug warbands.

We did that at the live server. We just commanded our warbands to leave the defensive position and relocate fast. There were some people whining at the guild meetings for loosing the loot but in the end all aligned with a logic of beating down the opponent and crushing their spirit.

Yesterday we split the war between Eataine and KV with the help of FmJ. We managed to keep a far larger order army at bay (including a VII event premade warband) and only loose KV.

I dont really understand why some people get irritated by the use of smart strategies. As said above we had the loot ensured and yet we went back to fight. In all strategy games you sometimes have to sacrifice a position to win the war. We locked 2 pairings in the end of a hard fought day (I was playing from 11am in the morning till 4am at night).

Organize your warbands in discord > build trust and discipline > move fast > hit smart and hard > be competitive > win
Gitbane 81RR Choppa, proud guild master of Wispers of Mutiny
Gitbaner 77RR Chosen, tankier version of Gitbane
Gitbaneous 80RR sorc, heavy and tanky bomber mode.
Ethilia 84RR SW (too much nerf, RIP :()
Gitbaneus 81rr BW
Gitbone 77rr Slayer