Recent Topics

Ads

Two RvR zones

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
BeautfulToad

Two RvR zones

Post#1 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:16 am

I am not sure the two RvR zones is working. An issue is that the number of RvR forts usually results in one side going to fort against overwhelming numbers in the second lock. With superior numbers it usually means the numerically superior side pushes 2 forts.

When one side has AAO, we just end up with two forts for that side. Since the side with fewer numbers cannot easily switch zones, and if they concentrate forces the more populous side can just block victories with increasing manpower on a seige.

I realise EU prime time is different, with very large (laggy) battles. I do think the way zones open up may need to be rethinked somewhat. Perhaps with more staggered openings, which allows the less populous side pick and choose battles.

Ads
Natherul
Former Staff

Re: Two RvR zones

Post#2 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:24 am

its not two zones, its all the 3 pairings that open on reset and then its up to the players to decide where to push. That mean that at any point there may be 1, 2 or 3 zones open at a time depending on what the playerbase did previously. This system makes it easy to evaluate the campaign progress as well as introducing opening of zones based on pop or other staggered methods WILL NOT WORK with how the campaign progresses unless we redesign the entire way that campaign is progressed.

BeautfulToad

Re: Two RvR zones

Post#3 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:49 am

Natherul wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:24 am its not two zones, its all the 3 pairings that open on reset and then its up to the players to decide where to push. That mean that at any point there may be 1, 2 or 3 zones open at a time depending on what the playerbase did previously. This system makes it easy to evaluate the campaign progress as well as introducing opening of zones based on pop or other staggered methods WILL NOT WORK with how the campaign progresses unless we redesign the entire way that campaign is progressed.
Ah ok, I see.