Recent Topics

Ads

Reikland Factory 4th Flag Feedback Thread.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
peterthepan3

Re: Reikland Factory 4th Flag Feedback Thread.

Post#51 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:56 am

Having played the map a few times, my experience was that turtletanking flags and avoiding fights entirely is now even more commonplace: with an extra flag to choose from, duos/solo could run around the map for the entirety of the game and secure two flag captures with good success, allowing their team to pick one or both of the other two while opposition attempts to retake.

Found myself doing even more cardio than before, and being able to avoid enemies for a great deal of the game. I feel that this is a shame when one considers that Reikland Factory was a decent map before the change, with an okay-ish amount of objective capping, ninjaing, and PvP.

Overall, I feel that the extra flag is a bad addition.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#52 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm

I will take a decision for next patch (I won’t have time to do anything today) , so you have one more week to give feedback . Actually it seems most of you want it to be Removed .
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

DanielWinner

Post#53 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:47 pm

Grunbag wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:23 pm I will take a decision for next patch (I won’t have time to do anything today) , so you have one more week to give feedback . Actually it seems most of you want it to be Removed .
I can’t even tell that we got enough of actual feedback. There are only like 1-2 people who posted feedback based on playing that exact map after change on RoR server (Big thanks to flintboth). Mostly it was general flag and PVE in scs hate. Not gonna lie but some of the negative posters don’t even play the game that often.
So if we really want to know real situation, in-game poll could tell us what active community really thinks. But probably it’s too much hassle for staff.
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Riphael - Black Guard.

Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage
Spoiler:
Gotcha

rmpl

Post#54 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:23 pm

Having played few RFs I have to say that adding an additional flag to the scenario goes well with your plan of deterring players from actual pvp, along with all the powerful pve exclusive gear you're adding every few months.

RF never had to be changed to begin with, it was one of the better balanced scenarios actually. The core idea behind it was to ignore the middle flag and fight at the two back flags - the team to win that fight in the back would secure both flags and win.

zabis

Post#55 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am I wonder, does the people send letters to Alexey Pajitnov to make Tetris more like Mario Bros, or just play the Mario Bros when they want to play the Mario Bros instead of forcing the developer to make the Tetris more like Mario Bros when games like Mario Bros exist and they are more than welcome to play them?
This thread was opened for feedback. If it wasn't wanted, then it shouldn't have been requested. With that said, I enjoyed the three flag system better. It gave each team the opportunity to leave the wc and not be camped the entire scenario.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#56 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:46 pm

zabis wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:41 pm
Hargrim wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am I wonder, does the people send letters to Alexey Pajitnov to make Tetris more like Mario Bros, or just play the Mario Bros when they want to play the Mario Bros instead of forcing the developer to make the Tetris more like Mario Bros when games like Mario Bros exist and they are more than welcome to play them?
This thread was opened for feedback. If it wasn't wanted, then it shouldn't have been requested. With that said, I enjoyed the three flag system better. It gave each team the opportunity to leave the wc and not be camped the entire scenario.

Well, great, but I was referring to people pushing the “please remove all objectives so I can mindlessly pvp” agenda with this post. SCs in WAR were always objective based.

zabis

Post#57 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:51 pm

Hargrim wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:46 pm
zabis wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:41 pm

Well, great, but I was referring to people pushing the “please remove all objectives so I can mindlessly pvp” agenda with this post. SCs in WAR were always objective based.
I see what you're getting at, but with Warhammer, there needs to be a balance between the mindless pvp and the objective capturing. It's why you are not rewarded for taking an empty keep, it's why many changes have been made to oRvR BO's. I think what peter and others are trying to say is that for this scenario, adding that 4th flag just creates another way to avoid the fight and win by not engaging. Also, I think it can hurt the objective capturing by bringing the fight too close to the warcamp and allowing a dominant side to be able to contain its opposition in one area.
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Esperflame

Post#58 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:12 pm

I could take or leave the restoration of the 4th objective. I could also see having an objective close to the starting area could cause problems with spawn camping, but at the same time if you're being spawn camped there's a good chance it was gonna happen anyway regardless of the objective nearby the spawns.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Ads
Martok

Post#59 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:38 pm

DanielWinner wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:47 pmI can’t even tell that we got enough of actual feedback. There are only like 1-2 people who posted feedback based on playing that exact map after change on RoR server.

I have been working on a video featuring play on the new map but got side-tracked with real-world events. I will try to finish it soon.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

anarchypark

Post#60 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:06 pm

zabis wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:51 pm

I see what you're getting at, but with Warhammer, there needs to be a balance between the mindless pvp and the objective capturing. It's why you are not rewarded for taking an empty keep, it's why many changes have been made to oRvR BO's. I think what peter and others are trying to say is that for this scenario, adding that 4th flag just creates another way to avoid the fight and win by not engaging. Also, I think it can hurt the objective capturing by bringing the fight too close to the warcamp and allowing a dominant side to be able to contain its opposition in one area.

objective is where u should go and fight.
if there're 4 flags, find most important one and go there, there will be fight.
ofc ppl use counter strategy, and count the counter.
you fail to see enemy movement. hence they are somewhere else. aka avoid the fight.
learn to find enemy first?
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)