Recent Topics

Ads

Reikland Factory 4th Flag Feedback Thread.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
wachlarz

Re: Reikland Factory 4th Flag Feedback Thread.

Post#21 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:46 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:38 pm
wachlarz wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:36 pm
chokeanutsman wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:11 pm Why do you people keep making maps that are annoying (specially when pugging) and borderline favors classes that can 1v1? Really stupid, I'm sorry these maps are absolute garbage and is borderline anti-fun.

Mourkain, Tor, and team fight maps should be permanent so that we can actually "play a team game." Don't even dare tell me "grouping up" is boring, the game is balanced around that. Not losing a flag because I can't 1v1 a white lion.
Boring is when premade join sc, stay one place (bo) dont move and win. LIKE anti premade sc.
The only scenarios that would let a premade stand on one point and win are BWC, Caledor Woods and Lost Temple of Isha - and 2 of those have traditionally been 6v6 maps. In every other scenario (iirc), you can either stalemate them (by standing on the second flag, if there are only two), or win them (by taking the other flags, such as in Reikland Flagtory).
Nordewatch Center bo ?

Ads
chokeanutsman

Post#22 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:47 pm

chokeanutsman wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:11 pm Why do you people keep making maps that are annoying (specially when pugging) and borderline favors classes that can 1v1? Really stupid, I'm sorry these maps are absolute garbage and is borderline anti-fun.

Mourkain, Tor, and team fight maps should be permanent so that we can actually "play a team game." Don't even dare tell me "grouping up" is boring, the game is balanced around that. Not losing a flag because I can't 1v1 a white lion.
Boring is when premade join sc, stay one place (bo) dont move and win. LIKE anti premade sc.
Ok, pick your poison. Deal with Witch Elfs and White Lions INDIVIDUALLY in 5 flags or be in an honest team fight in a TEAM GAME. What is to say that a "premade" can't be just as bad and "boring in those 3-5 point maps? Specially if their classes are amazing in 1v1s or 2v2s. Game is balanced around 6v6+
Last edited by chokeanutsman on Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterthepan3

Post#23 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:47 pm

wachlarz wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:46 pm

The only scenarios that would let a premade stand on one point and win are BWC, Caledor Woods and Lost Temple of Isha - and 2 of those have traditionally been 6v6 maps. In every other scenario (iirc), you can either stalemate them (by standing on the second flag, if there are only two), or win them (by taking the other flags, such as in Reikland Flagtory).
Nordewatch Center bo ?
That's not a bad thing though? I mean, how much more do you want to promote Dora the Flag Explorer's Cardiovascular Adventure when there already exist 3000 other scenario maps that will let you do this?

chokeanutsman

Post#24 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:50 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Nordewatch Center bo ?
That's not a bad thing though? I mean, how much more do you want to promote Dora the Flag Explorer's Cardiovascular Adventure when there already exist 3000 other scenario maps that will let you do this?
Probably because he plays a 1v1 class.

wachlarz

Post#25 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:56 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:47 pm

Nordewatch Center bo ?
Wanna fights big fights go rvr.

roadkillrobin

Post#26 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:06 pm

The reason this flag was removed was cos it was so darn easy to snipe kills when spawn camping the enemies in this scenario that Mythic had to put in NPC Guards to prevent this behaviour which lead to the removal of the objective.

Nameless

Post#27 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:08 pm

On live taking that fist flag pretty much cut enemy ways out and sc ended as wc camping. Dominant side stay on flag, underdog's healers and rdps stay near their guards and some tanks and a few dps try to hit eachother while avoiding enemy guards.
Ror's reikland factory with 3 flags where much better because it give you the freedom of moving around the map without being camped and it opens much more strategic moves instead of wc campfest
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ketamine

Post#28 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:34 am

MaxHayman wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:21 pm

You know we didn't design the scenarios right?
It is tradition that 90% of scenario rotations since a LONG while include mostly PvE scenarios to spoonfeed the pug behaviour this server promotes.
And thats something you devs have more then just control over.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Ads
Skiantos

Post#29 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:02 am

Nadril21 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:41 pm
Grunbag wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:33 pm
Nadril21 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:24 pm I like the flag due to the fact that it is true to live version of the SC. With that said, it always ended up as a launching point for BGs to fire people back to their guards at the boat (WC). I imagine in RoR the same thing will happen.
I moved back guards and warcamp to avoid players running fast into the guard range
I am not sure how far the guards were moved back, but BGs can punt you from the platform to the water.
I was thinking the same thing.

Hargrim
Developer

Post#30 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:07 am

I wonder, does the people send letters to Alexey Pajitnov to make Tetris more like Mario Bros, or just play the Mario Bros when they want to play the Mario Bros instead of forcing the developer to make the Tetris more like Mario Bros when games like Mario Bros exist and they are more than welcome to play them?