Recent Topics

Ads

3 to 1 currency conversion (medalions to emblem) needs to happen.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Udachi

3 to 1 currency conversion (medalions to emblem) needs to happen.

Post#1 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:54 pm

Subject says it. I play dps AM exclusively and there is absolutely no gear options I can spend my RvR currency on.

Another alternative to 3 to 1 conversion could be the ability to purchase scenario weapons for RvR currency, because classes that require scenario gear are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to gearing up.
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: 3 to 1 currency conversion (medalions to emblem) needs to happen.

Post#2 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55 pm

Would really put the nail in the coffin if you could get the scenario stuff from RvR.

Udachi

Post#3 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 pm

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55 pm Would really put the nail in the coffin if you could get the scenario stuff from RvR.
hence the 3 to 1 conversion rate. Participating in SCs would still be the optimal way to farm it.
Palachi RR7x DPS AM
Crystalmeth RR4x Zeal

peterthepan3

Post#4 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Udachi wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:58 pm
peterthepan3 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55 pm Would really put the nail in the coffin if you could get the scenario stuff from RvR.
hence the 3 to 1 conversion rate. Participating in SCs would still be the optimal way to farm it.
Conversion rate is irrelevant: if people can accumulate scenario gear from zerging zones (as per normal), they will stick to the route of least resistance, and this would undoubtedly have an adverse effect on scenarios, with even fewer people finding reasons to queue for them.

TenTonHammer

Post#5 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:39 pm

Riiiight

Cause you know the way the current system is where SC barely pop at all makes acquiring SC currency very efficient

And on top of that it’s ok that you can acquire “main spec” gear by “zerging in rvr” quickly for the most part

but offensive tank gear, dps heal gear and defensive mdps gear should be harder to acquire and In turn their respective play styles harder to play?

Why?

TiberiusD

Post#6 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:43 pm

if this Currency conversion will happen, SCs will die. and with that the entire game. Think about those who worked months to get stuff from SCs. days of farming, struggle and pain. And now I see this suggestion out of nowhere which is not taking into consideration this part? I am speechless

Hargrim
Developer

Post#7 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 pm

No, thank you.

Flavorburst

Post#8 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:32 pm

I don't think converting rvr medals to sc medals is the answer, however there is a huge problem with dps AM (and shaman) gearing.

There is no dps alternative for the subj weapon, the gutslime weapon is healing (as are the other lair boss weapons), the 45 sc weapon pretty much stinks and the 39 version is arguably better.

Outside of that, beastlord is a hybrid set that leans more towards healing (a wp buff as its 4p bonus instead of int), same with ruin, sentinel is a healing set, and Onslaught is a healing set, and imp doesn't exist anymore.

I would be more inclined to have a dps version of gutslime, have the stats on the 45 sc weapon tweaked, and make sent hybrid/dps.

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#9 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Hargrim wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:13 pmNo, thank you.

What Hargrim said. No Thanks.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80