Recent Topics

Ads

Bonus Renown and Bonus Currency rewards for level 16-30, 31-39 scenarios when Fort/City is running

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Psychopski
Suspended

Bonus Renown and Bonus Currency rewards for level 16-30, 31-39 scenarios when Fort/City is running

Post#1 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:34 am

Food for thought. I've noticed a mass exodus and feel the "downer" when Forts open and I dont have a level 40 toon. I usually just go collect mats and do crafting, but a lot of others seem to go to Tier 1 toons or they just log off. Seems a bit anticlimactic for non level 40 players to put in effort to attack or defend in a push to the Fort, then to not have anything unique or special to do. I realize the same happened at launch with sub 40 players, but surely we can do something like incentivize peeps to stick around and stay in game.

It would be nice to have something for those who can't get into fort, or something for those that dont feel like going to the fort/city in order to keep half the server from logging off when Fort/city comes into play.

Also perhaps consider opening a single Tier 2 and/or Tier 3 zone for some sort of event when fort/city is up for the level 16-39 players so they have something to do while waiting for scens to pop. Which T2/T3 is opened for the event could be random with themed rewards according to the zone(Elf, Greenskin, Empire) so that's it's not the "same ole same ole' if Order or Destro take Chaos Wastes or Reikland.
Last edited by Psychopski on Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Stophy22

Re: Bonus Renown and Bonus Currency rewards for level 16-30, 31-39 scenarios when Fort/City is running

Post#2 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:42 am

When forts are active and I'm not planning to participate in it I usually do some pve!

Gotta work on those wards :) But I can understand your frustration.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

madmalky2014
Suspended

Re: Bonus Renown and Bonus Currency rewards for level 16-30, 31-39 scenarios when Fort/City is running

Post#3 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:10 am

After yesterday the rotation left us in an endless loop of pragg cw again and again. Even though pragg is my favourite zone in the game I was getting sick of it being there for hours throughout the day. No t2 or t3 zones opened and when the forts were up no zones at all. This is not a good way to keep them involved boring them rigid going same place over and over or being to sit out the game for a full hour.

Dackle

Post#4 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:49 am

All the talk about balance.... The "need" to let friends play with friends.... It's time to put character levels where they belong. Guarding, healing, or trying to maintain anything with "buddy_level_23" is a joke.

Sure so and so is okay on his <insert class> blah blah blah, whatever. He should be a beast in t3 then.

In overflow warbands, even organized, one is lucky if there is not a group, if not two of sub 40's and sometimes a group of sub 30's. I log off or change characters when I run into this, which is almost always.

Psychopski
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 am

Dackle wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:49 am All the talk about balance.... The "need" to let friends play with friends.... It's time to put character levels where they belong. Guarding, healing, or trying to maintain anything with "buddy_level_23" is a joke.

Sure so and so is okay on his <insert class> blah blah blah, whatever. He should be a beast in t3 then.

In overflow warbands, even organized, one is lucky if there is not a group, if not two of sub 40's and sometimes a group of sub 30's. I log off or change characters when I run into this, which is almost always.

The problem is those Tier 2 and Tier 3 zones with the original Tier model(t2 lvl 11-20, t3 21-30) become ghost towns 18 hours of the day. It's why I originally quit when I came back to RoR last year, because T2 and T3 were absolutely dead.

Personally I'm not minding the 16-40 RVR bolster model. I'm not bored to death in empty Tier 2 and Tier 3 zones when I leveled up my DoK and B'Ork once I left tier 1. I just joined "T4" warbands and went along for the ride healing or tanking. My B"Orc is 31/37 and my Dok is 27/32. I'd much rather do it this way than grind PVE the old way to reach a tier thats active most of the hours of the day.

Dackle

Post#6 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:36 pm

Psychopski wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:39 am
Dackle wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:49 am All the talk about balance.... The "need" to let friends play with friends.... It's time to put character levels where they belong. Guarding, healing, or trying to maintain anything with "buddy_level_23" is a joke.

The problem is those Tier 2 and Tier 3 zones with the original Tier model(t2 lvl 11-20, t3 21-30) become ghost towns 18 hours of the day. It's why I originally quit when I came back to RoR last year, because T2 and T3 were absolutely dead.

Personally I'm not minding the 16-40 RVR bolster model. I'm not bored to death in empty Tier 2 and Tier 3 zones when I leveled up my DoK and B'Ork once I left tier 1. I just joined "T4" warbands and went along for the ride healing or tanking. My B"Orc is 31/37 and my Dok is 27/32. I'd much rather do it this way than grind PVE the old way to reach a tier thats active most of the hours of the day.
Yes, many feel the way you do. I don't like playing in groups with sub 40's, let a lone sub 30's. To each their own I guess. I will just stop playing high level characters unless there is a reason to do so with guildies and friends.

I am now that guy who refuses to guard a level 31 WH or Slayer in my group (or the lols 2h SM lvl 33 who asks for guard) as most have a deathwish and a try hard mentality. They hit like wet noodle and RIP like a wet paper towel.

CountTalabecland

Post#7 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:31 pm

Bolster was created to make sub-40’s “decent” in the lakes. Problem is that for Forts you need solid dependable warbands and sub-40’s just don’t cut it. They are missing crucial tactics, morales, abilities, and renown rank abilities/avoidances. Letting them play when population has a strict maximum is just gimping your own side.

So unless they find a way for bolster to give all that, sub-40 needs something to do during a fort. I understand that the current 1 zone open at a time is for testing but eventually there will need to be an alternative. Until then I would recommend power-leveling if you really want a toon in T4. It will suck having low renown rank but what alternative is there? At least you will have all your tactics and most of your mastery points.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.