Recent Topics

Ads

Portal in kv to Stonewatch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
normanis

Re: Portal in kv to Stonewatch

Post#21 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:02 am

i have idea how portal camping for defenders can be prety usefull.
for example faction a need defend and b attack. those who dont have reservation go at enemy portal and just dont let faction b enter ( they are in combat) all time fighting at portal. 15 min zerg fest and vuala fort defenders is about 70 vs 0 . easy 30k rr + goldbag and 6 medals. next moment ( i think faction b ) will ask if there is gm online. and bombard forum with feellings. there was situation actually like that only destro camped order respawn point and gm didnt care, when order camped destro ( even gm came ). next patch and we have guarded spawn points.
so yes putting portals in keep or wc is good idea
game it self allow such thing.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Flavorburst

Post#22 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:50 am

Starke wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:05 am Both sides suffer from camping and it's garbage.

The "attack and go to portal in zone, defend and portal in city" confuses new players. A lot. I know I lost my second fort spot because I thought I had to go to altdorf (my first was a defense). And I regularly answer the question of where to go. Making the portal locations somehow consistent would be... helpful. If that's in wc or city, whatever. As long as it's consistent.
What are you people talking about? It is consistent. It's consistently in front of the fort zone.

Somewhat related: There sure are a lot of cowards in this thread.

"SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PVP IN ORDER TO GET INTO MY FLAG GRABBING AFK FUNNEL FESTIVAL"

Why even play a pvp game?

CountTalabecland

Post#23 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:59 am

Flavorburst wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:50 am
Starke wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:05 am Both sides suffer from camping and it's garbage.

The "attack and go to portal in zone, defend and portal in city" confuses new players. A lot. I know I lost my second fort spot because I thought I had to go to altdorf (my first was a defense). And I regularly answer the question of where to go. Making the portal locations somehow consistent would be... helpful. If that's in wc or city, whatever. As long as it's consistent.
What are you people talking about? It is consistent. It's consistently in front of the fort zone.

"SOMETIMES I HAVE TO PVP IN ORDER TO GET INTO MY FLAG GRABBING AFK FUNNEL FESTIVAL"

Yeah so I actually want to pvp and play the fort, you know like how it is designed. Its not an afk fest unless you afk. Just let people portal from WC or City and fill up the spots for the siege.

Hell ganking is barely even pvp. Is that 12 v 1 really challenging for you? If you want beat up on something that has no chance of killing you, why even play pvp?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

TenTonHammer

Post#24 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:03 am

Yeah no it’s not about “cowardice” or what ever you think it is

I did my pvp for 2-3 hours in the zone before fort and longer based on other zones beforehand, I contributed to the fight and earned my reserved spot to go to fort to participate in the endgame content

I earned that and to be denied it is BS while defenders get an ez mode free pass to fort through city portal

There is no explicit reason to put the portal in ass ends of the map espically at locations that are so close to enemy WC while once again defenders can travel to any fort via portal in city

These portals should just be put in war camps for the attacking faction

Oh and ganking stragglers trying to make it to fort portal isn’t really “pvp” by the way

Manatikik

Post#25 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:29 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:03 am

I did my pvp for 2-3 hours in the zone before fort and longer based on other zones beforehand, I contributed to the fight and earned my reserved spot to go to fort to participate in the endgame content

I earned that and to be denied it is BS while defenders get an ez mode free pass to fort through city portal

There is no explicit reason to put the portal in ass ends of the map espically at locations that are so close to enemy WC while once again defenders can travel to any fort via portal in city

Oh and ganking stragglers trying to make it to fort portal isn’t really “pvp” by the way
I mean, you should easily make it there most of the time with the giant Zerg of people going there that prevents you from being picked off. There’s usually plenty of people shuffling along the entire reservation time AND you should be with your group to prevent you from being picked off.

I don’t agree with people ganking the portal but to try and portray it as some great tragedy is laughable.
<Montague><Capulet>

DokB

Post#26 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:33 am

Group up and clear the enemies around the portal then? The attackers portal is still like a minute ride from the enemy WC (the one in Black Crag is anyway). More than enough time to wipe everyone around the portal and get back inside to participate in the daily FUNnel™ Simulator 2019.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

TenTonHammer

Post#27 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:45 am

Manatikik wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:29 am
TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:03 am

I mean, you should easily make it there most of the time with the giant Zerg of people going there that prevents you from being picked off. There’s usually plenty of people shuffling along the entire reservation time AND you should be with your group to prevent you from being picked off.

I don’t agree with people ganking the portal but to try and portray it as some great tragedy is laughable.
Just assuming that everyone all the time travels in a zerg?

And yeah ive has my 5 minutes spot taken up because **** happened and then roaming gankers would looking for ez kills on stragglers prevented me from every reaching the portal so missing fort and being held back from getting more invader medals; those 50 wins to finish that set so I can focus on other things and toons for me is a “tragedy” and while it might be a joke to you is not for me

No one has yet to provide a defense for why defenders have to face no difficulty with their city portals compared to attackers

DokB

Post#28 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 am

How else are defenders going to get into a secure fortress if not through a secure portal?
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#29 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:07 am

DokB wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 am How else are defenders going to get into a secure fortress if not through a secure portal?
Clearly by going through a portal very near but not right Infort of the fortress ;)

DokB

Post#30 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:10 am

Some form of PvE should be mandatory before entering forts.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard