Recent Topics

Ads

Portal in kv to Stonewatch

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
TenTonHammer

Re: Portal in kv to Stonewatch

Post#31 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:23 am

DokB wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:10 am Some form of PvE should be mandatory before entering forts.
I’m mean ok

but that would break the flow of the game as it were from pvp to then having to pve so that you can pvp more, on top of that it would place more constraints on people with time constraints, a zone flip takes ~2 hours a pve thing could take like 30mins depending on if it’s a small dungeon like scallum or longer depending on if it’s bb/be or bs and then forts are an other hour or so after that

It would also make it harder for premade warbands as getting everyone into right now is in annoying itself and then there’s this whole issue from like 100+ players on both sides trying to do the same pve stuffand whatever issues that might cause

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:06 am

All those people trying to enter fort could make a warband and move together and kill portal defenders. If you, as a single player, didn't make it to fort in time, then you should plan ahead next time and make sure, that you move with the pack.
Defender have no advantage for fort siege, as defender numbers are capped at 80% attacker number.
Dying is no option.

Onemantankwall

Post#33 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:37 am

screw portals, with enough brains u'll get in. How about that patch to open bottom floor posterns in forts? First floor hole of death farm is getting old no matter which side is doing it.
Lots of alts, more alts for the alt gods!

Alfa1986

Post#34 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:58 am

it's funny that people complain that they are being killed in the rvr zone in a pvp game, when they go to attack the fort (i remind that is the final point of defense of the opposite faction). It's amazing that there are no proposals yet to create a special armored train that would deliver the attackers directly to the Lord's room, so that some bad persons would not kill them on the way. if no joke, then gankering is an element of the game, and it’s not necessary to deprive the gankers of their bread.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Flavorburst

Post#35 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:21 pm

TenTonHammer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:45 am

No one has yet to provide a defense for why defenders have to face no difficulty with their city portals compared to attackers
Geography.

Starke

Post#36 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 pm

Brilliant defense. Really. Stellar.

People who responded entirely missed my point, when you have fort portals in two different place (meaning defense is in the city, and attack is in the zone) it is VERY confusing to new players.

Second, when you have an entire wb camping the portal for attackers and most people are running to fort as fast as possible.... good luck getting in. It's a stupid mechanic, I want to fight not get ganked by 24 people. And I also want decent numbers in fort, not a group skewed towards defenders (which often happens) because people camped the frigging portal.
Wargrimnir - Dear unverified refugees of the skaven ridden dumpster fire we occasionally call "the server"

Flavorburst

Post#37 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 am

Starke wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 pm Brilliant defense. Really. Stellar.

People who responded entirely missed my point, when you have fort portals in two different place (meaning defense is in the city, and attack is in the zone) it is VERY confusing to new players.

Second, when you have an entire wb camping the portal for attackers and most people are running to fort as fast as possible.... good luck getting in. It's a stupid mechanic, I want to fight not get ganked by 24 people. And I also want decent numbers in fort, not a group skewed towards defenders (which often happens) because people camped the frigging portal.
How is it confusing? All you have to do is tell them that the portal is at the zone wall for the fort they are attacking, and all the way to the south in the main city if they are defending. Part of being new is learning things, and I don't think it's too much to ask for them to learn those simple instructions.

I'd rather have them remove the barriers entirely instead of just adding portals everywhere.

P.S. lol @ all these ganked nerds "BUT I JUST WANT TO DO MY QUESTS IN STRANGLETHORN VALE"

Manatikik

Post#38 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:21 am

Flavorburst wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:04 am
Starke wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:41 pm Brilliant defense. Really. Stellar.

How is it confusing? All you have to do is tell them that the portal is at the zone wall for the fort they are attacking, and all the way to the south in the main city if they are defending. Part of being new is learning things, and I don't think it's too much to ask for them to learn those simple instructions.

I'd rather have them remove the barriers entirely instead of just adding portals everywhere.

P.S. lol @ all these ganked nerds "BUT I JUST WANT TO DO MY QUESTS IN STRANGLETHORN VALE"
Maybe it’s you who should learn Geography. There is no location in WAR called Stranglerhorn Vale. Talk about hypocrisy.
<Montague><Capulet>

Ads
Sulorie

Post#39 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:17 am

What hinders the attacking side to defend the portal? I mean, the attacking players could be killed anywhere in the zone, while they are on the way to the portal.
I just see a lack of organization, when a dozen solo players try to get to the portal instead of making groups or warbands.
Dying is no option.