Recent Topics

Ads

Fort system general issues

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
hphn

Fort system general issues

Post#1 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:29 pm

Imagine you're an employee with 4 collegues and a boss.
You're the most experienced one in the company having a good rate + "pay for done" bonus salary. Your collegues are good fellows who are decent at making tasks, but having less rate per hour than you.
One day boss is coming to you and telling, that there are 2 jobs available, which have to be done in strict sequence one after another. First one is quite hard and also less paid and next one is quite easy and well paid. You can choose if you want to make everything together and split the payment between you 4 or you can delegate the hard job to your collegues and later on take the easy and well paid job for youself.
What is your decision?
Spoiler:
Sounds like a bullshit? That's all that actually happens right now in oRvR. What is the point to go def or attack keeps when you can wait and go for def/attack of the fort to get the rewards?
Devs, wake up, you're killing the game with this
Last edited by hphn on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Re: Fort system general issues

Post#2 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 pm

The worst thing I have seen is Pug WB leaders going afk during the siege. No one can wrest control of the WB out his cold dead afker hands. One can try to form a new wb and herd the cats but most of the time the fickle pugs scatter and the moment is lost. Too bad in forts we actually need every man possible and most of those pugs go afk.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Martok

Post#3 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 pmThe worst thing I have seen is Pug WB leaders going afk during the siege. No one can wrest control of the WB out his cold dead afker hands.

Yeah, you can. As stated everyone leaves and forms a new warband. If some players don't come back then some players don't come back and you fight with the players you have.

On every server of every MMO game ever created you will encounter people who routinely attempt to either exploit or bypass the system. The one difference on this server is, given the size of our player base, these people will eventually be found out.

That is why I just play the game and don't waste my time worrying about it.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

hphn

Post#4 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pm

Martok wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm
CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:55 pmThe worst thing I have seen is Pug WB leaders going afk during the siege. No one can wrest control of the WB out his cold dead afker hands.
On every server of every MMO game ever created you will encounter people who routinely attempt to either exploit or bypass the system. The one difference on this server is, given the size of our player base, these people will eventually be found out.
The point is to remove exploits and bypasses by remaking the system.
Martok wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm The one difference on this server is, given the size of our player base, these people will eventually be found out.
Found and what? Will be banned? lol
The thing is that there is no reason to make an effort reaching the possibility to get a reward of top rvr set. Is it clear?

Log 1 side, get to fort siege, switch to another if you want. Repeat, enjoy.
Why won't everyone receive the rewards instantly?

CountTalabecland

Post#5 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:36 pm

Spoiler:
Martok wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Yeah, you can. As stated everyone leaves and forms a new warband. If some players don't come back then some players don't come back and you fight with the players you have.

That is why I just play the game and don't waste my time worrying about it.
Order pugs’ chances at winning a fort are small to begin with due to the 75%+ of them playing lol dps. Throw in an under strength WB against the melee train and its just sad slaughter. I do worry about it because afkers and the “sit in fort and collect medallions” players make it so that playing forts is useless and no fun. Its BS that people get to afk and do nothing while people who want to play can’t get a space.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Martok

Post#6 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:29 am

hphn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pmThe point is to remove exploits and bypasses by remaking the system.

And the Devs will eventually get to it. Stomping your foot and whining probably won't speed that process up, however.

hphn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pmFound and what? Will be banned? lol

Just for the sake of argument lets agree we have some 1500 players world-wide who play on this server. Percentage wise that is an incredibly small player base. Often found out is enough.

hphn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pmThe thing is that there is no reason to make an effort reaching the possibility to get a reward of top rvr set. Is it clear?

No reason? Ok...

hphn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pmLog 1 side, get to fort siege, switch to another if you want. Repeat, enjoy.

Cross-realming is another issue. My position on that has consistently been, again, given the size of our player-base, how tight do you want to tie the hands of the players?

hphn wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:18 pmWhy won't everyone receive the rewards instantly?

Why should anyone receive the rewards instantly? Because a few people are lazy, or are taking advantage of an exploit?

Call me whatever you want, I believe that issue will be addressed. This entire server is a labor of love, not profit. Sure, some people may be enhancing their resume off of it but what else would you expect? I may not agree with everything ever done here, but one truth I have learned over time is issues have a habit of eventually being addressed. One way or another.

Martok

Post#7 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:38 am

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:36 pmOrder pugs’ chances at winning a fort are small to begin with due to the 75%+ of them playing lol dps.

Or perhaps some of those people are playing the game in the manner most enjoyable to them.

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:36 pmI do worry about it because afkers and the “sit in fort and collect medallions” players make it so that playing forts is useless and no fun.

At times, yeah, forts can tend to be boring. But not always.

The first Fortress Assault video I did a couple of months back is now dated, as practically every issue I discussed has been addressed or changed in some fashion. Now I don't deserve any credit for that because all I did was make a video. But the fact those changes were implemented proves that changes to the Fort system have been implemented. As I stated above I believe the AFK issue will eventually be addressed.

CountTalabecland wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:36 pmIts BS that people get to afk and do nothing while people who want to play can’t get a space.

I don't appreciate that either and discussed the issue at some length during one of my Twitch streams. It doesn't take twenty guys to guard a prison holding only three prisoners, but that was the situation during that particular Fortress Assault. But again, I believe the Devs will get around to it therefore until then I just continue to play the game.
Last edited by Martok on Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ototo

Post#8 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:31 pm

Martok wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:38 am (..)But again, I believe the Devs will get around to it therefore until then I just continue to play the game.
+1
Spoiler:

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm

appart being forced to play x time till fort which is a bad design to even access invader...

offensive side with how the timer is constructed now it has too much advantage.

-off times can wipe infinite numebr of times keep throw body at defender till they breach then fortress is over...
-def side can only wipe once and fortress is over.

Solution:
-step 2/3 need 1 big timer only (add both timers togheter then remove 25% of the sum)
-every attackers wipe must lower timer
-lord need to have a dmg cap per second= 0.25% of life every 1 sec ( rough min to kill)
-target aim of enemy attempt before loosing in step 3, 2-3.

CountTalabecland

Post#10 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Tesq wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:54 pm appart being forced to play x time till fort which is a bad design to even access invader...

offensive side with how the timer is constructed now it has too much advantage.

-off times can wipe infinite numebr of times keep throw body at defender till they breach then fortress is over...
-def side can only wipe once and fortress is over.

Solution:
-step 2/3 need 1 big timer only (add both timers togheter then remove 25% of the sum)
-every attackers wipe must lower timer
-lord need to have a dmg cap per second= 0.25% of life every 1 sec ( rough min to kill)
-target aim of enemy attempt before loosing in step 3, 2-3.
Agreed that in ideal (maxed out) population fort sieges could use some currency to make attacking more strategic.

However, sub-prime time sieges where numbers are roughly even causes attacking to be impossible/easily lost in stage 2 due to taking too long.