Recent Topics

Ads

[Fortres abuse tactic]

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Redstor

[Fortres abuse tactic]

Post#1 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:24 pm

Hello all! That post must be too short, because alot of peopel know that problem.
So, the problem on Fortres "new tactic'' where peopel(Order or Destr. that not matter) using Lords like a shield.

Thats looks like - All WBs(or not all) from defensive side going to 3d floor, and waiting on top. They waiting and keeps morale. When attakers make Lord 50% or litle lower Lord do alot of damage and stun all attakers(long stun). In that time all defenders going down for kill all attakers (stuned or not). Alot of order think that easy win tactic, and try do that and lose many times.
Destr. start using that tactic aswell.

That stratagy have no honor!

Fortres is high quality content, with 40ranks only players alot of high RR persons, geared, buffed. I play for Order and i dont care about lose battle, i lose alot of Fortres with Epick fights and defenders, thats was a realy good fun moments.
But now people start abuse Lords for easy win, and i dont know where is fun ?

My sugestion - remove stun mechanic on lords on fortres.
Hope that not only my opinion and people thinking the same(or not)

Im vote
for honored game!

Ads
Silveras

Re: [Fortres abuse tactic]

Post#2 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:29 pm

There is no honor in war. But I dont see a problem with the strategy to be honest since it can be beaten when the opposing force jumps down from the third level.

H0tYand3r3

Post#3 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 pm

I regret nothing
Yandrere/Swrsmemes-SW-83RR+ Art Supplies
Islipped-Zealot-4xRR+ (N/A)
Unconventional-BG-7xRR+ (N/A)
Ihealforpesos-DK-7xRR+ (N/A)

Redstor

Post#4 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Silveras wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:29 pm There is no honor in war. But I dont see a problem with the strategy to be honest since it can be beaten when the opposing force jumps down from the third level.
Without stun mechanic defenders stay lord room or first floor defend. That let attackers PUGs WBs chanse.

Redstor

Post#5 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:36 pm

H0tYand3r3 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:30 pm I regret nothing
You dont do nothing for regret.

Akilinus

Post#6 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:38 pm

Forts are high quality content 😂😂
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#7 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:44 pm

uhm, this is not abuse tactic. Its a smart move and if it cant be dealt with by attackers then its them who failed.

H0tYand3r3

Post#8 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:47 pm

There's a couple reasons that we implemented the third floor strat about a week ago. It was always used when we led forts a while ago and I don't remember why it fell out of practice but it's the best strategy when it comes to the elf forts.

If you are curious about why we brought it back into the game there is a video that Kariasanna has on twitch that we did to first play it about a week ago but here are the reasons its so devastating.

1. In elf forts. You can't really do a first floor strat because the bottom postern is almost impossible to see. There is a wall that blocks it from everyone at the front door and we had issues with groups upon groups of melee stacking there.
2. The doors are too big in 2nd floor (Lord room) and its extremely hard to hold both at the same time.
3. The Lord Aoe stun is crucial to getting pugs to listen to you. There is also no where to hide front the aoe stun unlike the other forts.
4. Since the doors are so big its extremely easy to go through the front and back door and hit the healers. This works well for 6 man's that listen to the one lead in fort.
5. Lastly the ramp for ranged is way bigger then it is for the other forts making it easy for healers/ranged dps to rain havoc.

I honestly don't understand why people do it in other forts. Its much harder and Destro and Order have lost multiple times because of it.

I'm not going into more detail then that because there are reasons we don't full on tell the other side what to do :P
Yandrere/Swrsmemes-SW-83RR+ Art Supplies
Islipped-Zealot-4xRR+ (N/A)
Unconventional-BG-7xRR+ (N/A)
Ihealforpesos-DK-7xRR+ (N/A)

Ads
Redstor

Post#9 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:03 pm

Natherul wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:44 pm uhm, this is not abuse tactic. Its a smart move and if it cant be dealt with by attackers then its them who failed.
And you think that normal move where ppl stay top while his lord done alot of damage ?

Ototo

Post#10 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Honestly, if there is one thing that is being abused to the max is choppa pulls. Order just lost the chance to conquer Praag cause of it, outnumbering then 2 vs 1. Now the typical smartass will come calling for "L2P" or whatever other stupid "interrupt it". Fact is that you can't, that the skill used in mass in a choke point is game-breaking, and that can be used without line of sight, so unable to be interrupted or defended at all. This is an strategy that is being a real issue.

While the thing is not even worth a slot in a bar when going 1-2 choppas, and pretty useless in open field also, mass 10 choppas in a choke point like a main door or postern door of a keep and you have an "I win" button. Your tanks die as soon as the choke point is proved, cause the damn skill can't be defended against, and unless that the defender choppas have no brain, you will fail in every damn push cause you only need to cover those points spamming a single skill. Add to that an oil spot like the one in Southern Garrison in Praag that can't be attacked unless that you jump and you have the perfect recipe for disaster.
Spoiler: